No announcement yet.

Huge R35 updates, details, cutaways and new colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will always have a manual car in my garage because I love them. I will also have a paddle shifter because they're the shits.

You guys know though that the last F1 world champion who used a clutch pedal was Aryton Senna right?

"Life's too short to drive boring cars!"

Comment

Originally posted by JZ View Post

You guys know though that the last F1 world champion who used a clutch pedal was Aryton Senna right?
      Hehe funny way to look at it. But the advantages are clear. When my buddy Igor switched his 6-speed Getrag out of his R34 and went with the Hollinger he was picking up like 2-seconds on some tracks.

In drag racing any fast car switches to some race tranny around 9-seconds.

You know what bugs me about some of the paddles out there is the mechanism itself, give me CF or titanium and a hard spring with a click or something most of this are these kind passive hinges with cheap plastic.

Comment

It will also tighten the gap between poor drivers and good drivers on the track. It takes a little away from the whole experience. At the same time Evolution is a major part of motorsports.
        John
        02 WRX 275whp Sold
        87 Corolla GT-S 110whp Sold
        91 GT-R 475 whp Sold
        93 RX-7 FD3S 295 whp
        02 S2000 190whp
        00 S2000 191whp
        91 Pulsar GTI-R 225whp

Comment

My comment abov is more to put in perspective how long paddles have been around, nothing about skill.

Fubawu....talking about evolution...F1 is going to make it a rule to freeze all engine developments for 10 years! WTH!?

"Life's too short to drive boring cars!"

Comment

Originally posted by Neal View Post

i think some of the alure about stick is the idea of you being more one with the car more connected to what is going on and what the car is going through... you have a more hands on feel...

dude, that is exactly whats replaying in my head everytime the paddle shifters are being "bragged" about....tell you the truth, i cant drive a car without "the clutch pedal". its just nasty, i dunno why i feel this way but i do.

i really personally dont care how many milliseconds faster the paddle shifter tranny changes gears than i could with a manual gearbox. because even if it took it only ONE millisecond to change the gear, it would still not be as fun as driving a manual car.

i dont know though, right now im young, i love manual, it feels awsoem, i feel like i AM whats tellign the car what to do, and its really just fun. and when i get into an auto, i just feel like something is missing....

but who knows, maybe when i get older ill get lazy? but i dont think i will....at least hope not. but right now, this is how i feel.

and i have driven paddles before, so i do know what its like. but like i said, its not about how fast they shift. No cluch, NO fun!!!!!

Comment

I know some people complain that they are mounted to the wheel and not to the column, making it hard to find the correct paddle with an armful of lock on a tight turn...any thoughts?
              1/1_Scale
              パーソナリティは、1つを得る

Comment

Originally posted by Chewy View Post
                I know some people complain that they are mounted to the wheel and not to the column, making it hard to find the correct paddle with an armful of lock on a tight turn...any thoughts?
                bah you shouldn't be changing gears during the tight turn anyways :-P
                Team TBA sponsored by YOKOHAMA: YOKOHAMA, Feast AE/RS, Titoboy Approved, Importfest, NextMOD, DSPEED.

http://www.facebook.com/TitoboyApproved "like" us #doWhatULove

Comment

Originally posted by Muay_Thai_Dan View Post
                  dude, that is exactly whats replaying in my head everytime the paddle shifters are being "bragged" about....tell you the truth, i cant drive a car without "the clutch pedal". its just nasty, i dunno why i feel this way but i do.

i really personally dont care how many milliseconds faster the paddle shifter tranny changes gears than i could with a manual gearbox. because even if it took it only ONE millisecond to change the gear, it would still not be as fun as driving a manual car.

i dont know though, right now im young, i love manual, it feels awsoem, i feel like i AM whats tellign the car what to do, and its really just fun. and when i get into an auto, i just feel like something is missing....

but who knows, maybe when i get older ill get lazy? but i dont think i will....at least hope not. but right now, this is how i feel.

and i have driven paddles before, so i do know what its like. but like i said, its not about how fast they shift. No cluch, NO fun!!!!!
                  Amen to that dude. I love the clutch pedal and the manual gear select...to me, it just wouldn't feel right driving without one , I mean, that's the whole fun of a manual transmission . I guess it looks like I'll be doing the RB swap with manual transmission to every one of my future cars then :roll: . Regardless, I love the (what I guess is now "old-school") manual transmission, they're too much fun, clutch and all.
                  1992 NISSAN 240SX - RB20DET POWER
                  1990 NISSAN 300ZX - 2+2

Comment

Working...
                  X