• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is all
    You can't doubt the existance of hell when you live in it

Comment

Originally posted by mcfly View Post
      beating on a car is a method of breaking it in properly...
      Lol so true. You do hard launches in any car, it's going to hurt the transmission eventually. But a car for 80 grand, you think Nissan would've
      engineered there drivetrain to live up to what's written on paper.

Comment

Originally posted by crzyone View Post
        If the R35 wasn't such a heavy pig it wouldn't be such a big problem.

I don't understand why the R35 is so large and heavy. If the made it about the same size as an R34 and around 3300-3400lbs it would be faster and easier on drivelines.

The larger displacement 3.8TT makes more torque than an RB26 at any given boost pressure. Torque is what kills drivelines. I can only imagine the R35 is so large and has a 3.8L engine because it was to be marketed to Americans. If it was just sold in Japan I have no doubt the R35 would be smaller, lighter and most likely have a smaller engine.

I like the idea of a destroked VQ35 running about 3L with twin turbos. Let it rev to 8-9k and make less driveline snapping torque.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I like the idea of Nissan building a stronger driveline so you actually launch the car the way it was designed. How many cars can you name with even MORE torque than the new GTR without driveline issues.

Comment

Clutch problems I could see but a dead transmission is a little over the top. the guy should have known it would wear the car out faster but I doubt he figured it would be a 20k tranny. Nissn should have put in a weaker clutch or a stronger tranny. IMHO
          2015 Audi RS7 Sepang Blue
          2009 Yamaha R1 Raven Black - SOLD
          2005.5 Audi S4 Sprint Blue Pearl - SOLD
          1989 Nissan Skyline GTR - SOLD

Comment

It is said that Nissan is temporarily STOP taking orders of R35GTR -

RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Originally posted by Skym View Post
              It is said that Nissan is temporarily STOP taking orders of R35GTR -
              Smart move considering Chevrolet, Dodge and now Porsche have all taken Nissan's 'King of the Ring' and 'pulled back the curtain' so to speak.....to reveal what's really going on.

R35 GT-R = HYPE and nothing more...... "stroke, stroke, uh, uh....er......that's it ? I didn't finish".......A COMPLETE DISSAPOINTMENT.

Comment

..and to apply this a little to 'every day life'.....

Doesn't it seem like Nissan has failed it's attempt to re-live the Glory days ?

Let's put it THIS way:
                * Although the 2009 Chevrolet Camaro will undoubtedly be a work of art.....a 1969 Camaro it will NEVER be.

Times change, laws change, fuel changes, the economy changes.

The R35 will never be to the Auto scene what the R32 was (even though we didn't get to experience it).

This seems like a poor attempt, similar to 'english' soundtrack 'Godzilla' movies (no connection meant....just movie, not car) that were exported to the US YEARS AFTER they were a hit in Japan - Unfortunately, they wre NEVER as good or had the same effect that they initially had when they were fresh in Japan at the time.

Get it ?

This car is a pre-packaged 'Myth' that is treading on the coat tails of a legend, never to be as revered....

I feel more and more that this car has officially EARNED it's 'budget' Sports Car moniker.....and price tag.......

Comment

All the hype is not only from nissan alot of people hyped it up themselves, people see one and **** there pants and its nice but I dont know something about it doesnt scream Nissan Skyline I dont know just too many luxury's like the R34 is pretty nice but has a bit of sportyness to back it up. But for me when a sports car is being market as a sports car it has to be that and only that and not try to be anything else. Too much luxuries and computers people expect it to just work without any issues, not to mention its a first year run of the car and all cars that are in there first year especially on its first platform tend to show weaknesses very fast. IMHO I will own a R33 GTR and R34 GTR and hopefully get my R32 GTR soon in my life time but even if I had the money I would not drop 84K on a GTR, and from the owners of them that I have spoken with it seems like they bought it because of the hype around it. I had one who did not know what my car was even though its one of the building stones on the way to his.
                  Steve
                  You can't doubt the existance of hell when you live in it

Comment

i just bought a new R35 (an early b-day present from parents) aswell i own 2 gts-t and a wicked gtr all 3 r32 when i bought my R35 i was told basically to go out and have fun with it. now im the type of guy that buys a car to have fun in take my 85 toyota celica for example that car has been rode hard and put away wet many times. now after i bought my R35 the first thing i did when i got the keys was drive it home as quick as possible and parked it in the garage and put a cover over top of it just cause its the best car i have ever owned and to this day (its only been about a month and a half since i got it) i have babied that car more then the other 3 that i have just cause it wont be to long before there worth a pretty penny i have only driven it maybe 5 times and it still has maybe 40km on it id rather take one of the other ones instead of the R35 because there are alot of a$$holes out there too and i dont like the roads in the city. now after reading that in leaving everything alone for buttons lol

Comment

Originally posted by GTSTDrifter View Post
                      i just bought a new R35 (an early b-day present from parents) aswell i own 2 gts-t and a wicked gtr all 3 r32 when i bought my R35 i was told basically to go out and have fun with it. now im the type of guy that buys a car to have fun in take my 85 toyota celica for example that car has been rode hard and put away wet many times. now after i bought my R35 the first thing i did when i got the keys was drive it home as quick as possible and parked it in the garage and put a cover over top of it just cause its the best car i have ever owned and to this day (its only been about a month and a half since i got it) i have babied that car more then the other 3 that i have just cause it wont be to long before there worth a pretty penny i have only driven it maybe 5 times and it still has maybe 40km on it id rather take one of the other ones instead of the R35 because there are alot of a$$holes out there too and i dont like the roads in the city. now after reading that in leaving everything alone for buttons lol
                      Good idea, let's not put all that awesome-ness to use. Let's just lock it up for years just drive it down the block twice every summer, then sell it after 20 years.
                      Legend of the red R

Comment

Originally posted by GTSTDrifter View Post
                        i just bought a new R35 (an early b-day present from parents)
                        Are you friggin kidding me? How old are you?

I have a black GT-R that I paid for myself. My parents loaned me money to help buy my first $2000 car when I was 15 and I haven't taken any help from them since then. I definitely plan to drive the car as much as I can (in the summer). I won't be using the LC either. I've got all my Launching out of my system with my STi's anyways.

Comment

Working...
                        X