R35 Supercharged Twin-Turbo...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R35 Supercharged Twin-Turbo...

Been following the R35 scene for quite some time. Since our first test-drive a few months prior to release to the Canadian public (ZNationals 08) we knew the aftermarket would be on the ball. We have several parts of our own including some industry first. I did not imagine an upgrade like this though:

Short blurb from Power Enterprise regarding the debut at Tokyo Auto Salon 2009:

'In detail the OEM turbos send compressed air into the super chargers to generates a monstrous acceleration. The power is moderately generating around 650HP but the low to mid range torque is huge. This is great for time attack and street course race, but it was not designed for Drag raciing.'

We expect a fully developed kit from them as demonstarted by their first PE TT 350Z kit we installed in Canada back in 2003 on a Z with under 1000 km.

Now we'll wait for the aftermarket to develop the internal gears and tranny components as the wheel hop and high hp have taken out a few of these bad-boys! At 18 G's for a tranny from Nissan it is pricey to say the least!

Enjoy!

Vuk@AMS

PROVIDING FOR NISSAN'S FLAGSHIPS SINCE 1992!

SEMA MEMBER & SEMA STREET PERFORMANCE COUNCIL MEMBER

the engine is pretty damn monstrous. I cant wait to see what A/M parts come out
    92,94,95 Honda Civic
    92,92,93 Nissan Skyine GTS-T
    91 Nissan Skyline GTR
    92,93 Nissan 180sx
    90,91,91,92,93,93 Nissan 240sx
    89 Nissan Silvia

Comment

dude

i am so onboard for this one

Comment

Interesting. I like.

PPG has a fix for the R35GTR gearbox failure problem -

Just need to wait for the 2-4th gear replacement parts.
        RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

That is monsterous. Very cool
          http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/39993-infinity-skyline-r32-gts.html

Comment

oh man..I can't imagine the low end torque with this monster!!!!!
            Biggest selection of Skyline CarbonFiber & FRP Aero in Canada. PM me.

Comment

ill be the first and admit i dont like it...

#1 im not a fan of V engines at all, i love the genius of the straight 6.
              #2 i dont see why the turbos feed the superchargers, it shoudl be the other way around no?? to help eliminate turbo lag? is that not the point? or was that jus a typo?

#3 comme onn.. that thing just does NOT look pretty... look at the RB engines.. they look like a simple yet elegant design... that serpentine belt is hideous, i dont care how much power it makes.

BUT the styling of the new R35 in general is stunning really
              The SkyLife Community & News Website --> http://www.skylife4ever.com

Comment

numbers???????
                Real Skyline owners have lost at least one to a freakish accident (*- ω -) = #dungive'a

Comment

Originally posted by archaeic_bloke View Post
                  ill be the first and admit i dont like it...

#1 im not a fan of V engines at all, i love the genius of the straight 6.
                  #2 i dont see why the turbos feed the superchargers, it shoudl be the other way around no?? to help eliminate turbo lag? is that not the point? or was that jus a typo?

#3 comme onn.. that thing just does NOT look pretty... look at the RB engines.. they look like a simple yet elegant design... that serpentine belt is hideous, i dont care how much power it makes.

BUT the styling of the new R35 in general is stunning really
                  Agree 100%

I would love to discrace Nissan by dropping an RB into an R35 if I ever had the coin!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

I like inline 6's and all, but to replace a 3.8L motor with a ton of mid range power and torque with a much smaller rev happy 2.6 in such a freaking heavy car would just be silly.
                    1990 Skyline GT-R - Jet Silver Metallic
                    It'll run someday

Comment

Originally posted by tokes View Post
                      I like inline 6's and all, but to replace a 3.8L motor with a ton of mid range power and torque with a much smaller rev happy 2.6 in such a freaking heavy car would just be silly.
                      Then fit an RB30

Comment

Originally posted by JD74 View Post
                        Then fit an RB30
                        I'll still take the VR38 powerband any day. Its only going to get sweeter as more Aftermarket support is available.

Comment

Hawt .
                          (OO)SKYRINE(OO)

Comment

I like the looks of the RB much more. Like others have said the belt if fugly. However as the old saying goes "there is no replacement for ...".

Comment

Interesting.

There was article on the Nismo website during testing with the new V6 motor in the JGTCC (now known as SuperGT) R34 chassis. One of the noticeable differences between RB26, V6 was better lateral balance with V6, which made the car faster through corners, even when it was raining. This dropped the laptimes.

But when racing against the V8 powered Supra's, the twin turbo V6 could keep up, but not pass unless the Supra driver overcooked it when exiting a corner.

Then they fitted a Nissan V8 to the new R35GTR SuperGT chassis and has proved to be successful.

Nissan ran a twinturbo V8 in their Lemans racecars that produced up to 800hp+. My pick would be a twinturbo Nissan V8 -

1997年、ル・マン3カ年計画で誕生した「R390GT1」往年の名車「R380」の伝統から名づけられた。3カ年計画の初年度の1997年の記録を綴った映像です。日産販売店に配られた、非売品の映像です。

On Nicoforums, one dude managed to get around 446whp at 6psi with a Nissan VH45 V8 -

The N/A 640hp V8 full chassis 1300kg or so Supercars in Australia are slightly faster laptime wise (56-58sec) when compared to a fully built, tubeframe front end RB30 powered R32 Skyline from NZ that runs a 58 second around the same racetrack (Zebra R32) -

Dodson manufacture World Leading Dual-Clutch Transmission Upgrades for street, circuit, drag-racing and high-end performance cars. Over 200 dealers worldwide.

There is a full tube frame R32 chassis they are working on at the moment and uses the outerskin only. It is said to weigh around 1000kg with RB26 engine, etc and is going to be road registered.
                              RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Working...
                              X