No announcement yet.

**** You Gas!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what I've been arguing for ages is that the price goes down 1 cent a day .. and goes up 15 in a single day...

that for me is totally impossible... UNLESS we are getting F'ed?!

Nooo why should I think this?

anyways.. 1.51 for regular in montreal today it seems :P

the good thing is I've been taking metro/bus for 2 weeks now and I Haven't filled up any of my 2 cars in the past 2 weeks...
    Try to make easy money off me now MOFOs...
    Marc-André
    _________
    2.2L RB20 GTS-T
    ECU modification enabled - PM me for details

Comment

Build an electric car. Sure it's initially more expensive, and you would have to replace the batteries every 4-5 years, but at least you won't have to pay for gas.

Gets around 100 km per charge if you get a good balance between cost, weight, and battery type, some even a lot more.

I think that's what my brother, dad and I are going to do, partly for the cheap commuting, but more importantly for the experience and the fun of it. Just haven't decided on the platform yet.

Comment

screw this im selling my skylines and buying a horse

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfattak View Post
          Don't take this the wrong way but.... I think every1 should stop b***hing about gas prices. Europe has got it even worse. Plus, It's only going to go higher until one day there is none left..
          Im sorry but that right there is a false truth made up by the media to create panic. there is enough oil deposits in the world to last for hundreds of years. the only problem is that it's in the arctic, but it will be only a matter of time before someone comes up with an idea to get to it.

TROL

Comment

I pay about 1.16/L for 93 octane

:drive:<--- me happily driving my car with money left over so i don't starve
            Tџяϊsмř

Comment

Originally posted by klys View Post
              what I've been arguing for ages is that the price goes down 1 cent a day .. and goes up 15 in a single day...
              Somebody was pissed off about hat, maybe it was Harper. They said that if the price of oil goes up, the price of gasoline goes up right away.
              When the price of oil goes down, it takes a very long time for the price of gasoline to go down. Strange I'd say.

Also, there is this which is also fishy. Are their profits up because of demand, or because of price gouging? :

Oil giant Exxon Mobil Corp. on Thursday posted the largest annual profit by a U.S. company—$39.5 billion—even as earnings for the last quarter of 2006 declined 4 percent.

The 2006 profit topped Exxon Mobil's own previous record of $36.13 billion set in 2005.

Revenue at the world's largest publicly traded oil company rose to $377.64 billion for the year, surpassing the record $370.68 billion Exxon posted in 2005.
              RightDrive Inc. Parts Manager
              http://www.rightdrive.ca :: http://www.rightdriveparts.com :: http://www.rightdriveusa.com
              1970 Highway 7 West, Vaughan, ON :: 1-877-398-8220

Comment

filled up @ 1.61 / 94oct

65L later 104.XX

and thats with the 700hp 10mpg 300zx
                Fast isn't Fast enough

Comment

Don't forget the new carbon tax on gas of 2.4 cents coming next month
                  Full-Race sponsored GTR. Anything else is half fast!

Full-Race.com

Comment

Originally posted by GTR-guy View Post
                    You guys in Canada still have it easy! It's $1.69 for regular here and $1.80 for high octane! (Japan)
                    We are a huge supplier of oil, more than the US supplies, we sell the oil to the US and their fuel is like 3.50 per Gallon (3.8L I think?)
                    No build thread.
                    1991 nissan
                    El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Comment

says it all ...

Doesn't bother me if Canadians complain. Really doesn't bother me if Europeans complain; in fact, I'm surprised they're as tolerant as they are (I think much higher wages has a lot to do with that).

But when Americans whine about gas prices ... yeah, that gets on my nerves a bit.
                      marginally literate keyboard warrior

Comment

Originally posted by Murphy View Post

says it all ...

Doesn't bother me if Canadians complain. Really doesn't bother me if Europeans complain; in fact, I'm surprised they're as tolerant as they are (I think much higher wages has a lot to do with that).

But when Americans whine about gas prices ... yeah, that gets on my nerves a bit.
                        Maybe we get gas cheaper than in other places in the world, but the point is that it's a freakin' pain in the butt to pay 3 times more than we used to pay 10 years ago...

I remember when I used to fill my dad's truck with 10 bucks of gas and run for 200-300km good times... good times...

The other thing i'm thinking of is prices in other countries is maybe higher (It may not be true for every places though), but the salaries goes with the higher prices. My brother in law stays in Switzerland at the moment, he and his wife are doing both the big bux back there (100+k $ /year each) but that would only give them like 50-60k$/year each around here in Qc.

I'm not saying that it's OK for them to pay more than us as we're all getting screwed by these gas companies, but i think in the end it's not far from the proportion we pay around here.
                        '95 S14 LE w/RB20DET 5Spd

Comment

US Gas prices arent that good..

State Price Trend Missouri 3.825 Wyoming 3.828 Oklahoma 3.842 South Carolina 3.871 Mississippi 3.885 Kansas 3.903 Tennessee 3.912 Louisiana 3.913 Alabama 3.914 Nebraska 3.920 Iowa 3.926 Arkansas 3.936 Minnesota 3.937 Texas 3.937 Montana 3.951 New Jersey 3.954 New Mexico 3.960 Arizona 3.962 Utah 3.967 Kentucky 3.968 North Carolina 3.970 Virginia 3.971 North Dakota 3.972 Idaho 3.972 Ohio 3.980 South Dakota 3.983 Colorado 3.989 Georgia 3.990 Pennsylvania 3.996 New Hampshire 4.000 Wisconsin 4.007 Florida 4.010 Indiana 4.012 Maryland 4.035 Massachusetts 4.038 West Virginia 4.044 Delaware 4.054 Vermont 4.077 Illinois 4.082 Rhode Island 4.097 Michigan 4.104 Maine 4.104 Washington 4.196 Oregon 4.199 New York 4.226 Washington DC 4.255 Nevada 4.312 Connecticut 4.379 Hawaii 4.416 California 4.491 Alaska 4.983

So really, they have just as much rights as us to complain.

I dont complain.. as i dont really care..
                          I drive cause i love Driving..
                          Gas/Insurance/repairs are costs i expect..

andi dont ever expect them to go down..
                          Agreed. Good to have you here Ben

Comment

article in paper today saying market will recover problem is with asian demand for oil....however the price it is at now wont be maintained because the asian countries wont be able to afford....expect prices to go abck to around 1.15 ish and barrels to cost around 70-80 dollars again
                            Fraser Valley Imports.ca
                            (The Detailer)
                            We aren't just Importers, we are Owners

Bike Project: Susie - 05 Suzuki GSXR 600
                            Car Project: In The Making

Comment

germany and europe have high prices but they all drive really small fuel efficient cars over there....basically they were/are ready for this high cost fuel future.
                              1989 GTR R34 Nur/T67(SOLD )
                              DD 97 auto hatch
                              waiting on the R34

Comment

Originally posted by Inline Slut View Post
                                germany and europe have high prices but they all drive really small fuel efficient cars over there....basically they were/are ready for this high cost fuel future.
                                you never heard of the autobahn or nurburgring? lol
                                Fast isn't Fast enough

Comment

Working...
                                X