No announcement yet.

**** You Gas!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i dunno about you guys but here in victoria all the **** nuggets all have the same price. why can't we have a good old fashion gas war?

Comment

Originally posted by VicSkylines View Post
      i dunno about you guys but here in victoria all the **** nuggets all have the same price. why can't we have a good old fashion gas war?
      because every single one of them want to make as much money as possible.
      Tџяϊsмø

Comment

Last time we had a gas war here in lethbridge it went to 25 cents a litre... yes 25 your not reading it wrong. We filled over 1000 litre's of gasoline for are lawn business. Could only get 300 litres per station so we had to make trips to other stations haha... awww the good old days.
        2009 Mercedes C63 AMG. Daily
        1969 Cooper S. Restored
        1994 Rover Mini 1460cc, 134whp, 7 port fuel injected w/ITB's, & straight cuts w/ 4.67 gearing

Comment

why would the government step in and stop gas prices from rising?
          that defeats our capitalism.. and we can't go red.. oh no..

Comment

Originally posted by bignate View Post
            I'm not saying i disagree, but you just contradicted yourself.
            it may appear that i have contradicted myself, but you have to look at it from a global stand point... not a national one..

we have enough oil to last for a couple hundred years, maybe more, however they are pumping more oil out of the ground than they are refining into gas...

the price of OIL isnt based on supply and demand, it is based on projectionists saying what it should be... so even though they are meeting the demand with enough of a supply, the prices are still "made up" by projectionists...

inorder to change the prices the world has to use less fuel, once that happens the projectionists will say, the price of fuel will lower because its being used less... but even then it wont go down like it goes up...

and currently the oil refineries are providing less feul than they have in 10 yrs, while they are pumping more oil out of the ground than EVER BEFORE...

you and i all want the same thing FREE GAS, but it wont happen so we pay for it, yet we still pay some of the cheaper prices in the world for it...

gas is more expensive in the middle east than it is here... why? because its mostly made in NA, even though alot of the oil is pumped from the ground there they dont refine it...

i still stand my ground and say that everyone who is whining about gas to shut up and take it like man, if you dont like our gas prices then either move to the USA where its cheaper, or change your lifestyle...

as long as the oil companies can make money from oil they will continue to do so... and that is why they are doing what they do, because we still pay day after day after day...

forget bike to work week, its more like bike to work everyday of every week of every year....

get Vancouver,TO,Montreal,Calgary, and a bunch of other large USA cities to BAN all non-essential vehicle use and the prices will drop so damn fast it will make your head spin, BUTTTTT the moment the ban is lifted watch those prices FLY higher than they ever have been
            How many kids with A.D.D. does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Wanna go ride bikes...

R.I.P \'87 4cyl Rustang
            \'03 Dodge SX2.0
            \'90 GTR32

Comment

i say everyone buys a honda CBR 125. $8 to fill the tank, not the fastest or best looking bike, but but it's worth it at 90-100 mpg.

Comment

some more lovely news...

MONTREAL — After clamping down on a network of gasoline cartels in Quebec for price-fixing, the federal Competition Bureau says it is continuing to investigate whether other Canadians are also getting scammed at the pump.

Criminal charges laid Thursday against 13 people and 11 companies for allegedly fixing gasoline prices in Quebec are the first in Canada since 1955.

Three companies, including Ultramar Ltd., pleaded guilty and were fined a total of $2 million, while a former Ultramar employee received a $50,000 fine.

Competition officials are promising to find out the answer to a question on the minds of thousands of Canadians as gas prices continue to climb: How widespread is price-fixing in the industry?

“We follow the gas market very closely,” bureau commissioner Sheridan Scott told a news conference in Montreal as she announced the various criminal charges.

“I can assure you that the Competition Bureau will not hesitate to take action to stop price fixing in this industry.”

Ultramar, the only major oil company being investigated, was slapped with a $1.85-million fine after acknowledging its role.

“This is one of the top fines that we have been able to attain for domestic cartels,” Scott said.

She stressed there was no evidence that Ultramar’s head office was directly involved in the cartel.

“This is obviously a regrettable situation that we deplore,” Christian Houle, Ultramar motorist sales network vice-president, said in a statement.

The other accused companies are mainly local franchisees operating under the banner of such recognizable brands as Esso and Shell.

Les Petroles Therrien Inc., operating under the Petro-T banner, and Distributions Petrolieres Therrien were fined a combined $179,000.

Jacques Ouellet, an Ultramar employee who has since left the company, was fined $50,000.

Consumer groups speculated the charges will only feed long-simmering suspicions of widespread collusion among gasoline retailers.

“I think this story will boost the anger of consumers regarding the price of gasoline,” said Charles Tanguay, spokesman for a Quebec association of 11 consumer protection groups.

Tanguay added some of the fleeced clients will likely resort to a class-action lawsuit to attempt to recoup some of their money.

Scott indicated the companies charged represented only a fraction of the total number of stations that took part in the various cartels that operated in Thetford Mines, Victoriaville, Magog and Sherbrooke.

In Victoriaville, 23 of the city’s 24 gas stations are believed to have been colluding over the price of gas. More than 80 stations took part in Sherbrooke.

Scott refused to put an exact dollar figure on the alleged conspiracy. But she claimed that if the four cartels had managed to jack up the price of gas by just one cent for an entire year, motorists would be out a collective $2 million.

The charges come following a meticulous investigation that began in 2004.

Scott said the bulk of the bureau’s evidence comes from thousands of RCMP wiretaps where suspects were overheard establishing a common price and date when it would be raised.

The competition bureau also carried out more than 90 search warrants, seizing bills and other financial evidence.

“It’s a big challenge for us to lead such investigations,” Scott said.

The suspected companies face a maximum $10 million in fines under the conspiracy charges, while the individuals face up to five years in jail.
                RightDrive Inc. Parts Manager
                http://www.rightdrive.ca :: http://www.rightdriveparts.com :: http://www.rightdriveusa.com
                1970 Highway 7 West, Vaughan, ON :: 1-877-398-8220

Comment

ya thats great news, but it still wont do anything for the price of gas...

and besides oil companies make billions of dollars every year, they dont care if a couple million is paid out in fines, because those fines wont make the price of gas any lower and people will continue to use oil as we are dependant on it
                  How many kids with A.D.D. does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Wanna go ride bikes...

R.I.P \'87 4cyl Rustang
                  \'03 Dodge SX2.0
                  \'90 GTR32

Comment

just as a side note, my tone in the above post was heavily sarcastic
                    RightDrive Inc. Parts Manager
                    http://www.rightdrive.ca :: http://www.rightdriveparts.com :: http://www.rightdriveusa.com
                    1970 Highway 7 West, Vaughan, ON :: 1-877-398-8220

Comment

Originally posted by Terrh View Post
                      Are you on crack?

We pay almost 10X what other countries in the world that produce as much oil compared to demand do.

Sure, we have cheaper gas compared to some places, but those places DON'T HAVE THEIR OWN OIL.
                      we have MORE OIL than we know what to do with, and we STILL pay retarded prices for gas!

It's getting stupid here, I know when the GTR goes dry it's going to cost $100 to fill now, WHAT THE HELL!

Our government needs to STEP IN AND DO SOMETHING, I'm sick of us having pushover pansy-ass governments that are interested in nothing but screwing US over... why do we elect these morons!

Well, our prices may be higher than Venezuela for instance, but you have to look at the economics of it. It may look sweet from a Canadian perspective, but if you live and work in Venezuela you are working a lot more, and earning a LOT less.

Comparing our prices to Eu, yes, they aren't as high, but canada also has a fraction of the population. I would also like to know how much of the tax on our gas also goes back into transportation like it should. We have a lot of oil, but we don't refine it. Why? Because companies make more money selling it to other countries, and then buying it back as gas, and then reselling it. taxes keep going up, and the price of oil has gone up significantly since the US went into Iraq.
                      Fraser Valley Imports
                      Cars:
                      1992 GTS-t with a TD06 top mount (for sale!)
                      1992 Toyota Corolla Levin GT Apex (for sale!)
                      2007 Yamaha FZ6 Custom

Comment

Taxes dominate our pumps + Speculation, They have been spending the last 8 months buttering us up for the " $2.00 per litre " prices.. Then when winter hits they will drop them to $1.70 and keep it there while everyone shouts in joy...WOW ONLY $1.70 ! what an improvement ! then next summer prices jack up to $2.50...winter comes they lower to $2.00 and the lemmings rejoice again, why do you think we get manipulated so bad? Its easy to do and its the quickest profits.

Remember when we were shouting about the $1.00 per litre prices? can you imagine if they dropped to $1.00/litre now? that would be concidered cheap and once again everyone would rejoice..before you know it everyone will think $2.00/litre is cheap.

Comparing North America to EU is comparing apples to oranges. Europe has an enormous transit system, We...do not.

I would love to jump on a train to work every day.

Comment

fuel in tha bahamas is anywhere from $5.50 to $6.00usd a gallon now....before it use to be $3.80

Comment

Working...
                          X