No announcement yet.

How did you get into Japanese cars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just have a thing with making a car fast. Rather than buying one that is already fast.

I think It has a lot to do with the appearance.

If I drove a Lambo/Ferrari, I would be getting a lot of attention and people would know my car is fast.

If I have a Skyline or Supra, or Rx7, what ever it may be. I would get less attention, and less people would think my car is fast. Its sort of the sleeper thing.

It also has to do with looks. I like them because I love the way they look.

I like a few american cars, a few euro cars. because of there looks.

But i like the way most Japanese cars look.

Thats the best I can explain it.

I just love them
    sigpic

Originally posted by m_melen
    ...it woulda been safer if his harness were made of jello

Comment

Originally posted by GT-Rekzai View Post
      I wonder if Japanese look at American cars the same way we look at theirs, are there people there who are just as much in love with American cars as we are with Japanese
      People there buy LHD bmw's and benz's as a show of status symbol. But if i'm not mistaken, all GM cars are all LHD(cuz sales aren't high enough that they bother making RHDs probably) so toll booths are built for use no matter what side of the car you're on.
      "Manual transmission is like riding a horse. Automatic transmission is like riding a merry-go-round."

Originally posted by M13
      i think i m an awesome dancer when i m drunk.

Comment

First wave: Fast and Furious. it made me interested in cars generally, was a little bias towards jap car.

Second wave (MAJOR!) : Initial D. That just did it.
        When the sun goes down, RPMs go up !

Comment

well my first import was a 78 honda civic, 76 thunderbird, 81 DMC-12 which was cool, hen a 76 vega which was for track use in cayuga, after that i got the import bug again and hopefully i can get a skyline early next year. ( YAY )

Comment

Originally posted by RHDskyline View Post
            If I drove a Lambo/Ferrari, I would be getting a lot of attention and people would know my car is fast.

If I have a Skyline or Supra, or Rx7, what ever it may be. I would get less attention, and less people would think my car is fast. Its sort of the sleeper thing.
            I think your an idiot. I have been in every car you mentioned except a Supra they all get attention. Stop being a fan boy.

I got into Japanese cars because I had cash, man had car...purchase followed. No more and no less

Comment

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              .......GTRCANADA.COM
              Canada's premier Skyline enthusiast club

Comment

Video games + 13 year old son + dad with very poor impulse control = GTR !

I've always been muscle cars and tweaked bikes but the GTR appealed to me for a couple of reasons. First was the strangness of it. RHD ? As soon as I sat in it I was hooked. I like things that are different and even with a blown turbo this fit the bill . Second was options for modification and the handling . Compared to the old domestic garbage that i have the GTR is amazing.
                I sold my '70 Chevelle last year because even though it was nice it wallowed about like a beached whale in the corners and I stopped driving it .
                The GTR is probably the only car that I will lose large $ on but I don't care- It's a blast !

Comment

I remember the cars my dad had ever since we came to canada in 87' a VW Rabbit, Ford Tempo, VW jetta, renault medallion....wow what a piece it was ..., we then went straight in to the mini van age and i didnt have anything to look forward to driving when i got my licence. Over time I got $$$ together as i was waiting for my G1 to buy my first car (yea i started working way to early) and at that time i didn't care what type of car i got as long as it was standard lol looked nice and the ladies would like hahah, i looked at a 92 RX7, a Eagle talon, a couple mustangs (specifically for the shape) and outta the lot i went for the Eagle talon. Somehow I ended up AWD Turbo`d, now this was my first car.... a turbo`d car and the 4g63 was a great engine and had a huge racing history that i got into pretty much right off the hop and started tinkering with. My life was then spent learning my car and upgrading little here and there and that is when i stepped foot into our scene. Fast forward to when i got the skyline and it became pretty much the only next step for me i loved that 4g63 and i did a **** ton of research on it now the racing heritage of that car also steered me towards the rb26dett... a 2.6 > 2.0, 6cy > 4cy, 2turbo > 1 turbo (or so i thought at the time lol) and now here i am still in love with my car and Japanese or maybe European for the rest of my life lol!!
                  1992 BNR32 Skyline GT-R

Originally posted by bignate
                  If you are too lazy to search the site for info you are certainly too lazy maintain a 15+yr old JDM car.
                  Ass, grass or cash Nobody Rides for free!!

Comment

Originally posted by PureEuroM3 View Post
                    I think your an idiot. I have been in every car you mentioned except a Supra they all get attention. Stop being a fan boy.

I got into Japanese cars because I had cash, man had car...purchase followed. No more and no less
                    stop being so ignorant and READ

I said they get less attention. Meaning less attention than the ferrari/ Lambo.

If a supra and ferrari were driving next to each other. I can almost guarantee that people would be watching the ferrari.

think a little bit next time
                    sigpic

Comment

If a supra and ferrari were driving next to each other. I can almost guarantee that people would be watching the ferrari.

yea thats true.... but skylines supras and rx7 are still rare, and you can hear them coming form a mile away...so either way , no matter what sports car u drive.... unless its a pontiac, youll get noticed
                      life is tough...wear a helmet

Comment

Originally posted by skylineisthelimit View Post
                        yea thats true.... but skylines supras and rx7 are still rare, and you can hear them coming form a mile away...so either way , no matter what sports car u drive.... unless its a pontiac, youll get noticed
                        Once again. I understand that a skyline, supra, rx7, whatever it may be will get attention, and more than most cars.

All i was saying was that it won't be as much a lambo or ferrari (a newer one anyway)
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by skylineisthelimit View Post
                          anything with exhuast gets noticed from me lol

Comment

Say what you want but the attention in the Skyline is huge mainly due to RHD. What Ferrari as well there models range drastically to some that get very little to no attention at all. The newer ones turn heads the same way any exhaust on a car turns a petrol guys head.

I wonder how much attention a blue skyline with a funky hood will get...

Comment

^OMG, Paul Walker's in Canada!

jks, RHDskyline.
                              03 Infiniti G35 Coupe 5AT "Valerie"

Comment

Originally posted by QuietChaos View Post
                                ^OMG, Paul Walker's in Canada!

Comment

Working...
                                X