X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J-Ran View Post
    why was mcfly banned?

he seemed to contribute more technical info than anyone on this forum, and one day he is just gone...
    I'm confident that he's aware of the reasoning behind the ban, and that's all that matters.
    Race. Win. Live.

Comment

Originally posted by Snow View Post
      But... Steve... I thought you designed the fastest GTR in the world? After over coming such a feat I would expect you to know everything there is to know about Skylines... (Reference: http://jdmaero.carbonmade.com/about/ )
      Yes, I have. I didn't say I designed the worlds fastest actively running GT-R however. My design is simply that, a schematical blueprint.

If you are the person who sent me the email relating to such a topic, you can read my email response.

I did indeed design what is SUPPOSED to be the worlds fastest GT-R.

However, to my knowledge, financial and time restraints have put the build on hold, from Rob at R.I.P.S.

At his convenience, he is more then welcome to do what he pleases with my designs. If he tells me he will not build it, then so be it, I know for sure I have not designed diddly squat, and I will take the "line" of having that title down.

In the meantime however, as far as I know, the design is still in the cards, and from what Rob has told me, both him and I have no doubt as to it being the fastest in the world.

At this present moment in time, from what I know, Glenn Suckling of Australia owns the worlds fastest GT-R which is a BNR32.

I have no right to discuss anymore about the situation, as all my designs, and any conversations I have with Rob Ward are of a written contractual agreement between him and I that it isn't shared, nor is it allowed to be shown.

I'm very careful not to cross the line on what I can and cannot say.

If you'd like to discuss it with the bossman himself, you can go to the RIPS website and look for the contact link.

And being a designer doesn't really require quite a bit of knowledge on Skyline's. Being a designer involves aerodynamic research, and learning what would best suit the driver both ergonomically, drivewise, and safetywise.

/End of that.

As for anyone getting banned, I know why I got banned, and I didn't get a PM. I got out of line, too angered up, to riled up with being punt upon like a scapegoat by a few members here, and I acted out, and I regret my actions.

I don't need a MOD telling me what I did wrong, I just know.

If forum members need a reason as to why they were banned, then maybe they should take a step back and try to more effectively find a reason as to why they should even be here.
      ├┼┼╕
      246R 見渡せば 花も紅葉も なかりけり 浦のとまやの 秋の夕ぐれ

Comment

Originally posted by J-Ran View Post
        why was mcfly banned?

he seemed to contribute more technical info than anyone on this forum, and one day he is just gone...
        He said something in a thread a 2005 member wouldn't of known.

So from my logical deduction, he was probably a member in 2004 who got banned and then created another account in 2005. (that's my guess, dont quote me on this).
        R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
        http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

CanadianGTR put it well when said mods are not evil people. Nor are we obliged to justify ban decisions publicly. We are tasked with helping maintain community standards. Banning is typically a last resort and has been used more frequently in the last couple of months as part of a general tune-up that was needed for a GTRC course correction.

I agree that individuals should know why they were banned. A suggestion that would probably work just fine if someone is really in the dark about what they did wrong, is to ask any mod (via PM) what the offense was. If whoever you ask doesn't know, they can ask other mods what happened and the mod who banned said individual can respond. By PM. Not because it's secret, but because it's private.

Some members seem to have a perception that technical contribution is somehow related to banning. I can assure you, it does not.

Dan
          sigpic
          The Beaumont Connection

Comment

lol wtf, mcfly is banned as well? this just keeps getting better
            1991 Black GTR

Comment

WTF no Mcfly? i learned alot from him and he was usually the first person to answer my questions
              Proud owner of the 2nd Skyline and the only GTR on the island!

Boost@14PSI, YellowJacket Coils, Extreme TSC, Full Nismo N1 Bodykit, Greddy Speed Cut Controller, HKS Turbo Timer, 280LPH Denso Fuel Pump, Nismo Slave Cylinder, AMS BOVs, Nismo Clutch Pivot, ACT Xtreme 6 Puck and HDPP, Greddy Panel Filter

Comment

Don't flatter yourself CDGuy. I wouldn't send you an email.

But it sounds like it could have the potential to be entertaining. Care to share with the class?
                DISCLAIMER: If any of the above comments in this post hurt your feelings you are likely taking me too seriously; I'm probably just busting your balls. If you're unsure, feel free to PM me and we can discuss the matter privately, as to not pull the thread OT.

Comment

Originally posted by Snow View Post
                  Don't flatter yourself CDGuy. I wouldn't send you an email.

But it sounds like it could have the potential to be entertaining. Care to share with the class?
                  You're exactly the kind of person this thread is referring too.
                  ├┼┼╕
                  246R 見渡せば 花も紅葉も なかりけり 浦のとまやの 秋の夕ぐれ

Comment

After talking to our Webmaster; I've learned that the way VBulletin is configured, a banned user CANNOT use PM's. Which doesn't really help what I've been talking about. There is a contact email that can be used for such purposes though.

Sorry for the confusion.
                    Race. Win. Live.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeRWK View Post
                      WTF no Mcfly? i learned alot from him and he was usually the first person to answer my questions
                      Could be because he is running a forum with a bunch of people devoted to the demise of GTRC
                      Originally posted by Oakville
                      that, is what us oakvillians like to call an 'instabone'

Comment

Originally posted by doublejceballos View Post
                        Could be because he is running a forum with a bunch of people devoted to the demise of GTRC
                        correction:
                        "he is running a forum with a bunch of people"
                        who can freely (within reason) bitch about what is going on at GTRC. share tech info that we dont over here anymore. enjoy posting without fear of being banned for sharing our opinion.
                        fyi. that forum was around before this **** got out of hand..
                        Just one step on my way to Eleventy Billion horsepower.
                        --------------------------------

Comment

Yes I know it was around before
                          But Now thats the mentality that is embraced there. Mcfly is still posting Level headed I understand, but I was within an inch of being banned there today from JD47 because I called them out on their blinding HYPOCRISY. They dont like that I come to their forum and dont "add" to it and uplift it? Post after Post they revel in their revolt.
                          Allen ended a post with "Keep fightin' the good fight and stickin' it to the man all you rebels !"

anyway..moving on. Bunch of Retards in my mind unless their posts start showing they've change.
                          Allen's getting there I suppose. He did end the "lets pry into the personal buisness of Cdguy and try and ruin his life" thread. So good for him on that
                          Originally posted by Oakville
                          that, is what us oakvillians like to call an 'instabone'

Comment

cdguy might be kind of an idiot but no sense prying into someones personal life unles they're somekind of slimy scammer or something
                            Proud owner of the 2nd Skyline and the only GTR on the island!

Boost@14PSI, YellowJacket Coils, Extreme TSC, Full Nismo N1 Bodykit, Greddy Speed Cut Controller, HKS Turbo Timer, 280LPH Denso Fuel Pump, Nismo Slave Cylinder, AMS BOVs, Nismo Clutch Pivot, ACT Xtreme 6 Puck and HDPP, Greddy Panel Filter

Comment

I post on GTRPWR. As do quite a few members here. Just like here, there are a few members that ruin the image and fun for the rest of us. Just as there are irritating people here, or fanboys here ruining the image of an owners club, there are retards over there that ruin the image by bashing GTRC. It happens everywhere.

I post there because some of the people there are extremely knowledgeable. I haven't gotten into a single flame thing over there yet. Obviously I haven't posted as much but still. One of my first few posts here caught me a ton of **** from users and I was only expressing my dislike with paddle shifts. Oh my LET'S GET HIM.

Jon (both Jons for that matter) there were some ridiculous pricks that jumped down both your throats and I did my best to defend the whole meet. People bashing SkyMeet when they've never attended... But please don't classify everyone that's on GTRPWR into one bunch, because you know there are some ok people there, like me! (Contrary to CDGuy's belief... I don't blame him I guess).

Originally posted by CDGuy View Post
                              You're exactly the kind of person this thread is referring too.
                              And that's not very nice... for someone who's promoting your art work on GTRPWR...
                              DISCLAIMER: If any of the above comments in this post hurt your feelings you are likely taking me too seriously; I'm probably just busting your balls. If you're unsure, feel free to PM me and we can discuss the matter privately, as to not pull the thread OT.

Comment

In the words of Jacky Moon

Everybody LOVE everybody
                                sigpic

Originally posted by m_melen
                                ...it woulda been safer if his harness were made of jello

Comment

Working...
                                X