This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets see what blows up

I bought the bkr6eix-11 plugs from crappy tire because of the sale that was mentioned earlier. I also bought a compression tester. I changed every fluid about 2 weeks ago and am ready to push my baby a little bit. All of my old sparkplugs looked pretty clean. #3 was the dirtiest of them all. My plan is to do a compression test in the morning, put in new plugs, pull restrictor, and see what happens. Assuming nothing blows up when I do 1 or 2 launches, I will pull my AWD fuse and light er up and burn whats left off my rears. My brother in law's girlfriend is gonna take some vids and pics and I am super stoked for tomorrow. I guess I just wanted to vent my excitement to people that give a f*ck, facebook sucks.
    1992 Skyline GTR - Garage Queen
    2009 Dodge Caravan - Woopee
    1989 240sx - Rusty Beater
    1979 Nomad Skyline - 23' Camper Trailer

Facebook does suck ! And this could be the best thread Iv read in awhile. Nothing is going to blow up just make sure you check the oil and make sure it's full and you have more then have a tank of gas and it's premium. Gtr's spin very easily in rwd they are not set up for rwd so make sure you have lots of room hahaha this is so awesome I can't wait to see the pics and video ! Have fun
    "LAG is the time the guy beside you thought he won"

Comment

Have fun stripping gears in your transmission and causing major damage to your transfer case.

Hope it's worth it.

How old are you? Just out of curiosity.

TROL

Comment

How will strip gears in the trans and damage the transfer case ??

Comment

Trust me. Stock parts will fail and go boom. You should see a gear set in a differential when something let's go. A big ball of chunks.

However next spring this car will be for sale with this in the ad.

Low km gtr
          Never abused, driven hard, etc
          Oil changed every 5000km
          Last edited by starboy869; 10-31-2010, 02:15 PM.
          Chris

Comment

Burnouts aren't the best for your transmission, but one here and there really isn't that much of an issue. But falcon, it IS his car. He's gonna do what he wants lol
            Originally posted by kengeroo
            that's what I thought when I opened the package..
            ...don't drink and ebay
            '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

First of all, it does have low km's, and doesn't get abused. Second, I'm not gonna thrash the **** out of it, I'm just gonna have some fun. My fun is getting postponed because I didn't budget enough time to do it today what with taking the kids out trick or treating and prepping for halloween. And falcon I'm old enough to know better, and young enough to do it again. Just because I wanna have some fun with MY toy doesn't automatically make me some punk teenager. If **** breaks, I'll fix it, no big deal, just look at the thread title. Starboy are you insinuating that if I damage it, I'll sell it in a dishonest way? Nice to see how quick you are to pass judgment on someone you know nothing about. On that note, happy halloween everybody, stay safe and have a good time.

Comment

Well here's what I have to say.... Enjoy your car for what it is. If you wanna go do this every once and a while I don't see why this should be bad. And if you break it well build it stronger. All I have to say is giver sheet!!! Lol . Happy Halloween buddy
                Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

Originally posted by cschepp View Post
                  Well here's what I have to say.... Enjoy your car for what it is. If you wanna go do this every once and a while I don't see why this should be bad. And if you break it well build it stronger. All I have to say is giver sheet!!! Lol . Happy Halloween buddy
                  Exactly what Im thinking. Way I think of it, break it then build it stronger so it doesn't break again. Happy Halloween dude.
                  Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

I still say nothing will break he's basically stock, go for it man it will be fun and we can't wait to see pics

Comment

I know things are all stock but even pushing the limit on stock stuff can break things. Depending on what he's doing could be a trans or clutch on launching a car like that
                      Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

I did the compression test. 148/148/148/145/145/145, SWEET. Changed the spark plugs and went for a little drive. Still get some hesitation/stuttering between around 5500 and 6000 RPM. Do you guys think my plugs aren't cold enough, or are my coilpacks on their last legs? In light of this, I think it would be pointless to pull the restrictor until I get some new coils. Anybody care to give their opinion on the matter? Maybe my fun isn't gonna happen till spring and I should just change the oil and let her sleep till next season.

Comment

How bad is it stuttering ? Is it when you are holding it around 5500 rpm or when you have the engine under load ? I would suggest inspecting your macs they can be very finicky and may need to be replaced or cleaned, doesn't sound like a coil issue to me unless it's missing bad other guys that have had similar issues should be able to help you more

Comment

Plug gap
                            Cold weather = dense air = increase in boost = blows out spark. Gap plugs to .8mil, they're currently 1.1

"some fun" IS thrashing, no matter how you look at it. A track day IS thrashing, burnouts ARE thrashing, twisties up north at overrated speeds IS thrashing. If you're not driving the norm, you're either not moving or you're driving hard. There's no reason for your car to break, but you need to realize that unnecessary 'hard-driving' on a car that may not be maintained to its full potential can cause unnecessary damage and expenses.

If your car is in good shape, it will be fine. But know your car and understand how things function to properly maintain and avoid the inevitable failures of the car in the future, from hard driving and daily abuse.

Another thing to realize that on a stand-still burnout, if it's held for a long period of time, other than tires, your coolant and oil temps will start to rise considerably. Low to no air movement, 5-6000 rpm etc.. Not a good time for the motor.
                            Check out the GTST Projects page and keep up to date with my build!
                            www.nelsonmx.wordpress.com
                            Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/NelsonMX
                            Any part inquiries can be forwarded to marc@nelsonmx.com

Comment

sorry but if you going to do a burn out just build up about 4000 rpm 1.5 sec
                              place in 2nd gear yes 2nd and drop it
                              *dont slam the throttle open*
                              but let off just enough to let the clutch catch
                              then (rpm will drop a bit) add more accel just to compensate this drop
                              and then gentle increase till you hit 4500 ish again and let off
                              big ass (light) 11's, easy on everything , fun looks good, sounds cool

Comment

Working...
                              X