No announcement yet.

Any other android lovers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old thread revival here. Well I just picked up a new Samsung Galaxy Nexus. (Just released today) It's pretty nice! Android redeemed itself! Yay!!

My cars:
    1996 BCNR33 GT-R
    1992 FD3S RX-7 Type-S

Comment

One reason why I will never go the Apple route: you can't use the storage space on the phone like a simple USB drag and drop, you have to get that stupid itunes crap.

Retarded!
      R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
      http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

I love Android..

People that have Negative comments about Android seem to mention things like Screen responses, and widget Configuration..

People have to realize there is hundreds of different handsets.. all with different specs.. so your cant use one bad experiences to control your opinions about android.. Or do actually..

Androids are for people that love to configure, play, and custimize they're devices. they are the LInux of Cell phone OS's ..

iPhones are for those that love to let other people (Apple) think for them.. world needs people like you.. if it wasnt for you. people like Steve Jobs, and Mark Zuckerberg would be poor..

Anyways.. Im currently running a Sony X10 thats rooted unlocked, flashed and overclocked.. Im waiting for the Galaxy S3 to come out.. the Nexus specs arent that impressive..

I put Ice Cream Sandwhich on my buddys Nexus S a couple days ago, and i cant wait for it..
        Agreed. Good to have you here Ben

Comment

Have you guys seen this? Pretty scary, and seems to be from a legit source too:

The Android developer who raised the ire of a mobile-phone monitoring company last week is on the attack again, producing a video of how the Carrier IQ software secretly installed on millions of mobile phones reports most everything a user does on a phone. Though the software is installed on most modern Android, BlackBerry and […]
          RightDrive Inc. Parts Manager
          http://www.rightdrive.ca :: http://www.rightdriveparts.com :: http://www.rightdriveusa.com
          1970 Highway 7 West, Vaughan, ON :: 1-877-398-8220

Comment

IMO, anyone who thinks they can have privacy on the internet or any electronic device is fooling themselves. Everyone and everything is monitored. It's nothing to worry about unless you're doing something illegal.
            R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
            http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCaporaL View Post
              IMO, anyone who thinks they can have privacy on the internet or any electronic device is fooling themselves. Everyone and everything is monitored. It's nothing to worry about unless you're doing something illegal.
              X2

if you want privacy and to be connected to Telecommunications, social networks, news Feeds etc.. then you dont know what privacy is.. lol..

i dont expect privacy if i have anything thats connected to an external network.. Phone, Computer, Powerline..

Comment

this topic is almost as bad as discussing religion

Comment

have you met a iPhone user..Apple is there religion..

LoL

Comment

apple = automatic transmission with traction control and rigid preset everything.

android = sequential 6 speed dog box straight-cut gear transmission, but if you hate the noise you can turn it into a DSG paddle shift or syncro'd 6 speed. (THAT's the beauty of it)

RIM = public transit

Been using RIM for 4 years, got sick of its inferiority/general ********.

Rocking a Galaxy S II X and it's great. I'm actually using up my data plan and still out-lasting my old BB which I hesitated to pull out of my pocket towards the end of its life.

I can see why some people would hate android and go with apple, but I am so glad I didn't make that decision when I was shopping for a new phone.

I'd like to see iPhone guys expand their memory or swap out batteries. Oh, btw most useful apps are free on Android while Apple charges you for em.

Comment

Lol. Carrier IQ. Enjoy
                      93 R33 GTST - DD
                      97 Legacy GT Sedan - RIP
                      2000 Buick LeSabre -RIP

Comment

Cell phones are bunk. I want a pager...
                        Dang! You got shocks, pegs... Lucky! You ever take it off any sweet jumps?

Comment

I have the X10 and it's garbage, even with advanced task killer and lookout mobile security blah blah that phone is just garbage.. The screen is very fragile, my phone was in a luggage bag and someone threw a backpack with some clothes (not full or very heavy) on top and it broke my screen. Ofcourse the way the screen is connected to the ear speaker, my sound is distorted and whack - have to use speaker phone to talk to people..

Day to day phone use is frustrating, from having the previous txt msg you wrote be in the box when you pull up messages the next time and having to delete it before writing the new one - not getting the right letter when you press it, or pressing the call button from the call list and seeing another name FOUR calls down become highlighted as if you pressed that one, and call that person instead.

Try using your phone for anything when someone steals your micro sd card

Rogers replaced my phone on warranty after too many problems, and the phone they sent me had a broken female end for the charger, so I had to wrap the cord around the phone to apply pressure in a certain way in order to charge the phone... o.o I could go on and on about the SONY ERICSON X10 and how it SUCKS lol...

Originally posted by GTR-guy View Post
                          Originally, I really wanted to iPhone. But in Japan, the carrier that was selling it didn't offer a good coverage in Nagano where I live. So I opted for the Sony Xperia X10. At first, I thought it was pretty good and possibly on par with the iPhone, but it got annoying pretty quick! First problem was the battery life. 6 hours and it would be dead. Checked the battery, it was good, so they gave me a new replacement phone. That was cool for about 6 months and now it's acting up again. 3-4 hours of battery life at best if I do something with it like checking emails, facebook, or play some games.
                          The next problem with this android phone is it isn't user friendly like the iPhone. Just accessing my music is quite a tedious process! The touch screes is also really crappy compared to the iPhone, it's slow, choppy and you have to tap repeatedly to close a screen or turn on an app. Uploading videos is always a nightmare, I managed to upload a video onto my phone but the sound was all screwed up. So I never got to be able to watch anything on my phone. Too bad the screen was huge and clear and was much better than the iPhone 3gs that was out at that time! Making a phone call can be frustrating, as the phone is so slow to access the phone book and dial a number.
                          I know it seems like all those problems may be hardware related, but there everytime I bring my phone to get it checked out it seems everything is fine, everytime!
                          Last thing that pissed my off was the software updates! I was running a really old software version for like 6 months until the phone store clerk pointed out that it was really old and that I had to go and download this Sony software update program on my computer and then hook my phone up to it and perform the updates manually. I know it's the same with the iPhone, but with itunes, it is much easier and it tells you when they will check for the next sofware update.
                          I have no reason to go to this Sony media go on my computer because it's useless and nothing I upload or download from my phone and computer/phone works anyway.
                          So F you android!

Comment

Originally posted by skreamz View Post
                            I have the X10 and it's garbage, even with advanced task killer and lookout mobile security blah blah that phone is just garbage.. The screen is very fragile, my phone was in a luggage bag and someone threw a backpack with some clothes (not full or very heavy) on top and it broke my screen. Ofcourse the way the screen is connected to the ear speaker, my sound is distorted and whack - have to use speaker phone to talk to people..

Day to day phone use is frustrating, from having the previous txt msg you wrote be in the box when you pull up messages the next time and having to delete it before writing the new one - not getting the right letter when you press it, or pressing the call button from the call list and seeing another name FOUR calls down become highlighted as if you pressed that one, and call that person instead.

Try using your phone for anything when someone steals your micro sd card

Rogers replaced my phone on warranty after too many problems, and the phone they sent me had a broken female end for the charger, so I had to wrap the cord around the phone to apply pressure in a certain way in order to charge the phone... o.o I could go on and on about the SONY ERICSON X10 and how it SUCKS lol...
                            Yeah, That phone had left a bitter taste in my mouth towards android! I was 100% sold on getting an iPhone 4s but I would have needed to change carrier. I'm with NTT Docomo right now and their area coverage and customer service is still the best in Japan. Hence why I went for the Galaxy Nexus. I still have huge respect for the iPhone and I would of gotten it in a second if my carrier was selling it! That being said, Android 4.0 is really good and very user friendly!

My cars:
                            1996 BCNR33 GT-R
                            1992 FD3S RX-7 Type-S

Comment

blackberries are going to be a thing of the past....

...I have an iphone 4s and getting the Galaxy Nexus on Dec 8 from Bell..

...I miss my Nokia Communicator 9000, you could send a fax from the thing !!!!

Comment

^ going to be? they already are. the only people still using RIM are in denial lol.

I checked my phone after watching that video and not one of those apps was on my phone, I couldn't find anything to do with Carrier IQ.

But like dah_hunter said you'd have to be ignorant to think all of your communications weren't being monitored already.
                                Originally posted by Paradis
                                ^^ hows not being rich going? ...haters be hatin

Comment

Working...
                                X