Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so your saying there is an AWD dyno in edmonton a prodrag?
    BNR32-003154

Comment

I understand there's an AWD unit going in at Sub Racing in Edmonton. It may not be operational, but it's in the works.

The guy who pointed me there said to call Zippy's Auto to find them if I have any trouble.
      sigpic
      The Beaumont Connection

Comment

Apperantly there is a Dyno at Kinetic Motorsports in Port Kells(Langley/Surrey), just off 94th I believe.

Comment

Yes Kinetic has a 2 wheel dyno.

These guys are VERY knowledgable. They're the ones that tuned my car.

Would recommend them to all greater vancity customers.

Originally posted by Geist
          Apperantly there is a Dyno at Kinetic Motorsports in Port Kells(Langley/Surrey), just off 94th I believe.
          http://www.kineticmotorsport.com/

Comment

there is a AWD dyno in Squamish
            they tuned alot of the WRC Subbys rally cars...
            and they said they would love to have a skyline on their dyno and see what it pulls
            but he also said their dyno is alittle slower so your numbers might not be as high.

i'll get their adress later
            All parts sold are no refund/exchange

Honda tuning is a LifeStyle
            Nissan tuning is to go stupid FAST !

Goals for 2013
            Get the dAmn thing rUnning

Comment

I don't understand why everyone wants an AWD dyno?The GTR is rear wheel drive...until it slips ....than up to 50 KG's of torque is sent to the front.Rear wheel horsepower is waaaay more accurate.
              Full-Race sponsored GTR. Anything else is half fast!

Full-Race.com

Comment

The power you put on the road during hard accelleration includes some front torque. Any AWD system less efficient than a straight RWD. Therefore an AWD dyno will give a more representative 'real world' hard accelleration power on the road number.
                sigpic
                The Beaumont Connection

Comment

i thought the attesa system takes a **** on awd dynos cuz it gets confused from mixed signals from g sensors and wheel speed sensors

Comment

Originally posted by spd-dmn
                    i thought the attesa system takes a sh*t on awd dynos cuz it gets confused from mixed signals from g sensors and wheel speed sensors
                    I think you're right.

You'd probably need an HKS TSC to send fixed torque to the front.

Comments RE: why people are interested in AWD dynos still hold. 8)
                    sigpic
                    The Beaumont Connection

Comment

I had read somewhere - Im no expert, obviously as I don't have a Skyline yet - that you can pull the ATESSA fuse to disable AWD, and run RWD only. Would that not work, or am I wrong about the fuse?

Damn, I wish I had one.

Comment

Originally posted by GTR-Dad
                        Originally posted by spd-dmn
                        i thought the attesa system takes a sh*t on awd dynos cuz it gets confused from mixed signals from g sensors and wheel speed sensors
                        I think you're right.

You'd probably need an HKS TSC to send fixed torque to the front or an AWD dyno that links the rollers to provide consistent speed between them.

Comments RE: why people are interested in AWD dynos still hold. 8)
                        sigpic
                        The Beaumont Connection

Comment

I work at a tuning shop in Edmonton. The resident tuner and owner of the shop has experience with Greddy eManage and PowerFC as well as many high end stand alone engine management systems. I have also tuned "shawley" on the boards' car to 260 WHP and 250 WHP. I'd love for some of you guys to come and check us out!

AFI Performance & Custom Tuning
                          8216 - 43rd Street
                          Edmonton, AB
                          (780) 490 4226

Thanks, Matt

Comment

Comment

Subracing.com in Edmonton. They have a really nice Mustang AWD dyno and you can dyno your GTR no problem in AWD or RWD no problem. I dyno'd both and it works flawlessly. 75 bucks for 3 baseline runs.

Really good guys and they own a GTR plus do all the work on mine and a few others so they have Skyline experience.

'08 HD FXSTB: Denim Black, V&H Big Rads, V&H Fuel Pak, K&N, HD Inverted Front End, C&C Seat

'78 HD 93" Shovelhead rigid, 4spd, 3" open primary, 250 rear tire, 40 rake. (in progress)

'90 GTR 2 tone 350z blue/black, Volk TE37s, Greddy intercooler and suction kit, Blitz BOV, Splitfire coils, Greddy gauges, HKS oil filter relo / oil cooler, Rear LSD, HKS hypermax II suspension, soon to have new turbos.

Comment

x2 for SUBRACING,

Comment

Working...
                                X