Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ViPEC - Is it the new ECU of the Future?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cpgtr
    link no workie
    That would be because I am bad typer LOL

Cam Koole
    Technical Services Consultant
    Lightspeed Innovations
    Red Deer, Alberta
    1-866-95-84732
    cam@lightspeedinnovations.com
    www.Lightspeedinnovations.com

North American EMtron Distribution
    Whiteline Canadian Distribution Center
    EMtron Training Center Coming Soon
    2WD Mustang MD250
    Dynapack 4000 AWD

Distributer for
    Exedy, JE,Carrillo, CP Pistons,
    K1 Technology, This is a very
    long list and if you actually read it'
    cool. Just call we can get it LOL
    2WD Mustang MD250

Comment

Originally posted by LIGHTSPD View Post

HKS V-PRo don't know anything about it because no one except their licensed dealers can get into it. That pretty much sums it up as a complete waste of money because the end user can not even modify the simplest thing.
      If you have the software you can...... Also Ultimate Racing in Toronto is an HKS PRO dealer with lots of Fcon VPro experience. They installed it in my car

I will say this, the software is out there.... I'm sure someone who doesn't care about having HKS on their ass will release it eventually.
      1987 Lamborghini Countach

Comment

Its official and tested we have now added closed loop wideband support to the ViPEC. What this means is you can set the ECU to look at your wideband output and maintain tune. SO to explain this a little farther other ECU's may have closed loop but what this means is after you have tuned it using the autotune. You can simply set the ViPEC to look at the wideband input and if it is off it will adjust itself to get to the set AFR you set in an AFR target table. Unlike other ECU's this will work at WOT and underboost as well. If you are worried about a wideband reading wrong you can also set the amout of adjustment in percentage for piece of mind. This is a simple firmware update.
        Sounds good Cam! Looking forward to getting mine up and running in the next week or so. Is this Firmware on ViPEC's site for DL?

Jeremy
        89 Supra 1jz-gte
        IHI RHC-7 single turbo custom manifold
        Tial 44mm waste gate, Tial 50mm BOV, HKS 80mm High Power exhaust, custom 75mm intercooler piping, 2JZ 550cc inj. GReddy BCC, S-AFC and tuned ECU
        550whp at 24psi

/\ Old set up

Now built 2jz, T67 DBB,
        Soon to be running ViPEC V88

Comment

Its official and tested we have now added closed loop wideband support to the ViPEC. What this means is you can set the ECU to look at your wideband output and maintain tune. SO to explain this a little farther other ECU's may have closed loop but what this means is after you have tuned it using the autotune. You can simply set the ViPEC to look at the wideband input and if it is off it will adjust itself to get to the set AFR you set in an AFR target table. Unlike other ECU's this will work at WOT and underboost as well. If you are worried about a wideband reading wrong you can also set the amout of adjustment in percentage for piece of mind. This is a simple firmware update.
          IMO you should definetly not set this up for WOT or really anything above 70% throttle position unless you have dual widebands (1 for every 3 cyls). If you do set it up, I would say don't have more than a 20-25% correction allowance; if it needs to correct more than that something has gone wrong with your car and it should be inspected. That being said, its a great tool to have (only used it with the Fcon VPro).
          1987 Lamborghini Countach

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo Drifter View Post
            Sounds good Cam! Looking forward to getting mine up and running in the next week or so. Is this Firmware on ViPEC's site for DL?

Jeremy
            Its on my site in the downloads. www.lightspeedinnovations.com
            Cam Koole
            Lightspeed Innovations
            Red Deer, Alberta
            1-866-95-84732

2WD Mustang MD250
            Dynapack 4000 AWD

Distributer for
            2WD Mustang MD250

Comment

Originally posted by sushtsi View Post
              IMO you should definetly not set this up for WOT or really anything above 70% throttle position unless you have dual widebands (1 for every 3 cyls). If you do set it up, I would say don't have more than a 20-25% correction allowance; if it needs to correct more than that something has gone wrong with your car and it should be inspected. That being said, its a great tool to have (only used it with the Fcon VPro).
              You could use dual widebands but not necessary. My personal car is holding at actually 5% and is only using about 3 percent correction. It all about how good you tune is. My AFR was commanded at 11.1 and without correction had creeped to 10.9 and with correction back at there 11.1. We are using these in snowmobiles now where a 1500 foot elevation change is experienced and the auto correction is incredible. So yes I am using it at WOT and I am also using a very small margin of correction as this is not a tool designed to compensate for a bad tune even though it would certainly help.
              Cam Koole
              Lightspeed Innovations
              Red Deer, Alberta
              1-866-95-84732

2WD Mustang MD250
              Dynapack 4000 AWD

Distributer for
              2WD Mustang MD250

Comment

That would be because I am bad typer LOL

www.u2ndyno.com
                Hi guys, U2NDyno.com is me...feel free to contact me here via PM or via email at info(at)U2NDyno.com

This is certainly an amazing system which comes at an incredible price. To-date we have this system working on a S13 RB26DETT Drift car, in my SR20DET S14 Track Car (Found Here).

Also we have more sets on order for:
                - Dave Briggs new DMCC Pro Drift car which will also feature an AIM dash intergration with ViPEC
                - A Monster Holset HX35 KA-T Drag Car that will test the limits of the ViPEC lauch, traction control and flatshift systems
                - I'll also be converting to V88 in the coming months as I install an LS1 into my track car.

More info on these builds can be found on my site in the coming weeks/months as we work through these brutal winter months...ready for spring.

Comment

what kind of price are we looking at for an rb20?
                  this EMS looks very promising to me, either that i will go nistune

Comment

is it compatible with the 13-BREW?

TROL

Comment

Originally posted by falcon View Post
                      is it compatible with the 13-BREW?
                      V88's have already been used to control Quad-rotors so I think a little 13-BREW is no problem.

Comment

I'm waiting to get the full walkthrough with GTRdad before thinking of selling my power FC. I need something that I can use at home on a laptop and can datalog. If it has everything the power fc has and more (except for the crashing) I will have no issue going with it.
                        Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
                        Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
                        Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
                        Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
                        Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
                        White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
                        lol

Comment

I am sure GTR DAD will give you a good run through also on any given day there is probably at least 2 cars that have the ViPEC installed at the shop.
                          PM'd you pricing.
                          Cam Koole
                          Lightspeed Innovations
                          Red Deer, Alberta
                          1-866-95-84732

2WD Mustang MD250
                          Dynapack 4000 AWD

Distributer for
                          2WD Mustang MD250

Comment

cheap bump
                            " Using Fast and Honda in the same sentence is an Oxymoron "

Comment

So I'm lining up to go with the Vipec. Strong possibility of going with the V44 but maybe the V88. I'll be talking it over with Anthony and Dan.
                              Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
                              Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
                              Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
                              Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
                              Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
                              White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
                              lol

Comment

Good choice, there is simply no Standalone EMS system that can match the Vipec at it's price and it's plug and play capability. Where are you located? Anthony "the Wizard" can certainly talk you through the process
                                1991 HCR32

*edit 1991 SR32

Comment

Working...
                                X