Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ViPEC - Is it the new ECU of the Future?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paradis View Post
    sounds to me like you do you want to be spoon fed. You're complaining about having to make some phone calls and do so data collecting on your own.
    Let me put this in a way that even YOU will be able to understand.

Let's say for instance that I LIKE READING 'WATCH TOWER' MAGAZINE......unfortunately there is only 1 way to obtain it and this 'opens up the door' for crap that I am just not interested in dealing with nor asked for, as I just wanted the magazine and that was all.......GET IT ?

Comment

I think maybe a Vipec isnt for you. If what your saying you have a problem with the dealer. Buy another product. Your in Calgary get a HKS and get on with it or run a PFC. If you cant get on with a suplier find a different suplier. But to come on a forum and dance around what you really want to say is a weak way to deal with your problems.

THe truth here is the cost of the Vipec isnt your issue at all is it. You have some sort of childish issue with a certan dealer and this is the way you are handling it. Pretty Cheep JD74. Cheep and Weak.
      You can't fix stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by JD74 View Post
        this 'opens up the door' for crap that I am just not interested in dealing with ?
        You're not interested in being educated about it? ...makes sense. The fact that you're assimilating a provincially recognized and respected tuner to a telemarketing type interaction says all i need to know.
        1991 HCR32

*edit 1991 SR32

Comment

Both of you guys are completely misunderstanding me and disregarding what I said, all the while coming to conclusions of your own and putting words into my mouth.

NO WHERE did I say that I had a problem with Cam, or Lightspeed......why would I ? that's retarded.

He/They have never done any work for me and we don't even have a relationship other than this forum, a few phone calls and some emails.

I know he/they come highly recommended and I have nothing to say otherwise, because I don't have any experience with them.

Re-read my post and you will find that my problem is with the VIPEC BUSINESS AND MARKETING MODEL .....Not Cam, Not Lightspeed and surly not the ECU itself, since it comes highly recommended by people that have used it and I would even like to run it if it is as good as people say it is.

My comments were extremely GENERAL and nowhere did I point any fingers, so noone should turn a mole hill into a mountain over this.

Allan

Comment

Did someone say HKS?! Is there a tuner in Western Canada for F-con pro?
            Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
            Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
            Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
            Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
            Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
            White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
            lol

Comment

Originally posted by NismoS-tune View Post
              Did someone say HKS?! Is there a tuner in Western Canada for F-con pro?
              (In Calgary) Reg Reimer - HKS God....

Comment

......... back to the drawing board..............
                Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

Originally posted by JD74 View Post
                  Honestly Cam, I still don't understand what sets Vipec Dealers apart from the rest of the ECU brands and their Dealers ?

The only thing that I can see is the fact that in order to get any info and pricing on the product, an end user has to purposly contact a salesman which does nothing but open the door to a forced 'Sales' call initiated by the person just looking for information. This could also force a user to have to deal with an inferior Tuner at the end of the day, because of the monopoly. People want choices.

It's not like the Vipec package offers Free Installation, Free Tuning and Free Configuration ? - these are all paid services....same as everyone else.

A Support forum ? Others have forums for support as well (AEM ?)

Where/What is this 'Special' Support ? Please explain.
                  Allan I am not going to come on here and bash people and personally you andI have no issues at all. As for using the no pricing as a point of contact I have never contacted anyone unless they have contacted me first as a matter of fact sometimes people are even pissed off I can not quote them on something fast enough. In my life I have two modes tech support which I have added one of my techs to help with and tuning. When I am not doing that I am returning the list of phone calls that never seems to end (just over 50 on my sheet right now). Not complaining but merely stating the facts. So this is not a marketing ploy of any kind. As for tested and tried I have installed over 75 systems now since it was introduced last June. I have not had one issue as features are not introduced until they have been extensively beta tested. There was a thought that one ECU was causing a timing problem but I exchanged that ECU and have tried it personally in another car and it worked flawlessly.

People have choices the most important choice is your tuner. You bring your problem( car with this size turbo injectors etc etc ) to your tuner. That being said if you want a certain tuner odds are this tuner got a reputation by doing something well and odds are they have a method and system ( engine management) to do it. As long as the system meets your needs why try and make a tuner tune your system. I have never told my plumber how to fix my plumbing I do know that crap runs down and if push came to shove I could probably do it but chose to hire a professional ( defined as someone who makes their living at a certain task). I am diverse and tune a variety of systems but I do have my preferances and well I use the tools I chose quite well. Most full blown tunes using my tools are usually quite fast unless the problem presented to me gives me grief.

There is no monopoly as well I am the Canadian distributer and well I have never refused anyone or any business of purchasing product from us so that is not true as well. There is also no monopoly unlike certain systems you need to have a license for software or some special dongle we have all our software online and if you want to play go ahead. So I am not seeing this issue here.

As for the support forum you missed what I was saying. I said we also have a support forum because well all good products do. However that is all that some products have. As an example I spent over 3 hours trying to get some tech support out of Garrett Turbos USA today go ahead and look on www.turbosbygarrett.com for a phone number. What you missed was that we want to handle our problems and tech support without a forum we want our dealer to handle it. That is the reason we have started setting up a dealer training center in our facility. As for this special support you have never asked me for support on our products because you don't have any of our products. Once again though the point is being missed ViPEC wants a personal touch from our dealers to their customer. Anyways time for me to go to bed.

Cheers Cam
                  Cam Koole
                  Technical Services Consultant
                  Lightspeed Innovations
                  Red Deer, Alberta
                  1-866-95-84732
                  cam@lightspeedinnovations.com
                  www.Lightspeedinnovations.com

North American EMtron Distribution
                  Whiteline Canadian Distribution Center
                  EMtron Training Center Coming Soon
                  2WD Mustang MD250
                  Dynapack 4000 AWD

Distributer for
                  Exedy, JE,Carrillo, CP Pistons,
                  K1 Technology, This is a very
                  long list and if you actually read it'
                  cool. Just call we can get it LOL
                  2WD Mustang MD250

Comment

Not a Vipec specific question, but I'm curious...

Do many guys run Electromotives on the RB26? Why are these plug and play systems so popular aside from the obvious ease of install. Are the intricacies of the AWD system and how they tie into the engine too tough to keep happy when you go to a real standalone?

Comment

As far as I know they did on the Gibson GTS-R, Gibson R32GTR Group-A racecars.
                      RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

do i need a wideband O2 sensor for the ViPEC?
                        1966 Pontiac Beaumont | 1972 Nissan Skyline 2000GT-X | 1990 Nissan Skyline GTS-T Type-M
                        1991 Toyota Celsior C-Type Supercharged | 1991 Toyota Cressida | 2008 GMC Acadia

Comment

Originally posted by classicauto View Post
                          Not a Vipec specific question, but I'm curious...

Do many guys run Electromotives on the RB26? Why are these plug and play systems so popular aside from the obvious ease of install. Are the intricacies of the AWD system and how they tie into the engine too tough to keep happy when you go to a real standalone?

nah really quite easy to tie into the electronics. The reason for PNP is the average person doesn't want to shell out for a wire in. I personally prefer a wire in as it gets rid of all the 20 year old wiring in a car and makes sure your sensor signals are clean. Many cars actually have known problems and higher resistance on some of the connections and the factory ECU takes this to account. All the PNP applications have had all the wires tested on several models to ensure that there is none of those problems present. As for your above question it is totally ease of install.
                          Cam Koole
                          Lightspeed Innovations
                          Red Deer, Alberta
                          1-866-95-84732

2WD Mustang MD250
                          Dynapack 4000 AWD

Distributer for
                          2WD Mustang MD250

Comment

Originally posted by Boyscout View Post
                            do i need a wideband O2 sensor for the ViPEC?
                            Not if you don't want to use any of the autotune functions. I think in a boosted car that is one of the most important guages. When I first got into the industry a good wideband was $2500. The FJO came out at a reasonable $1100.00 now a WB with guage is under $300.00. WOuldn't be without one.
                            Cam Koole
                            Lightspeed Innovations
                            Red Deer, Alberta
                            1-866-95-84732

2WD Mustang MD250
                            Dynapack 4000 AWD

Distributer for
                            2WD Mustang MD250

Comment

So.... how much is the vipec ?
                              My car keeps on stealing my money .

Comment

PM sent to DJ.
                                Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

Working...
                                X