Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Single or Twin plate clutch for drag ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Daryl @ RightDrive
    replied
    My site is referring to the previous version of the unit, not the current quick shift.
    Both the solid shift and quick shift should not cause any damage to the transmission if installed and used properly.
    Last edited by Daryl @ RightDrive; 07-31-2010, 08:43 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Brando13
    replied
    and then from Nengun the quick shifter says




    The Quick Shifter provides a 25% shorter shift distance by moving the position of the fulcrum. However, the shift action will be noticeably heavier and shift operation can be made faster than recommended for the gearbox.



    ive also heard of this

    Leave a comment:


  • Brando13
    replied
    says right in your store decription on your website.....


    TunerLab.jp - HKS, Nismo, Tomei, Blitz, Sard & more! - Nismo Solid Shift

    Leave a comment:


  • Daryl @ RightDrive
    replied
    I've never heard of either the Nismo quick shift or slave damaging anything if they are used properly. Where did you read this?

    Leave a comment:


  • Brando13
    replied
    T-I-L-T-O-N TRIPLE


    End of story.

    If only they made them for skylines......

    see here for clutch discussion for high hp and drag racing needs (I know its a supra forum but who cares a clutch is a clutch)

    Clutch for 700-900rwhp? - Supraforums.com

    Leave a comment:


  • TW
    replied
    I've heard the nismo quick shift kit damages something... i forget what.
    In the product description for the solid shift, it mentions that they released it because the quick shift kit was damaging something.

    I've also read bad things about the nismo slave??

    Leave a comment:


  • Daryl @ RightDrive
    replied
    Well really you don't NEED any of those other parts, but it's a good idea to change them when you do change your clutch, they are fairly cheap.

    Leave a comment:


  • BenC
    replied
    I would grab a new pivot as well. Nismo is best but a new OEM and a copious amount of high pressure grease on it will do the trick. I think Z32 is the same as the GTR

    Leave a comment:


  • cobrAA
    replied
    To make a list, depending on the clutch I choose, the manual will state what thing I need to buy to make it fit.

    I also need to buy

    Nismo SS clutch line
    Nismo solid shifter
    Nismo slave

    Missing something?

    Leave a comment:


  • Daryl @ RightDrive
    replied
    I don't remember off the top of my head GTR-Dad, if it was 16,800 JPY then it was the solid shift.
    I have one here for my car too, been sitting here for about 2 years waiting for me to put it in.
    Damn I'm too lazy sometimes

    Leave a comment:


  • GTR-Dad
    replied
    Which one did you sell me last year? Cause it's working great!
    Dan

    Leave a comment:


  • Daryl @ RightDrive
    replied
    Originally posted by cobrAA View Post
    Maybe nismo solid shifter, should I get the nismo short shifter instead?
    There are 2 types, the Nismo Solid ShIft, which is about 10% less throw, or the Quick Shift which is about 25% less throw.
    There is a big price difference though.

    Leave a comment:


  • cobrAA
    replied
    Originally posted by GTR-Dad View Post
    I'm running an ORC 709 twin. It's very streetable, particularly with a Nismo slave. I do exclusively circuit racing, so can't comment on number of launches, but it's been solid for 4 seasons so far and shows no signs of dieing anytime soon.
    I recommend a Nismo short shifter and an OS Giken close ratio box to go with.
    Dan
    I seriously don't think I can afford a close ratio box haha.

    I appreciate your feedback thought. the os giken seems like a stronger clutch, will takes more abuse. while the orc 559 seems more daily with the guts of a twin plate but might not last as long.

    At the same times, I'm only making 350 lbs of torque and don't think I will ever pass the 400 lbs marks so.. maybe the orc 559 will do just fine.

    In my shopping list, I already have the stainless clutch line and the nismo slave. Maybe nismo solid shifter, should I get the nismo short shifter instead?
    Last edited by cobrAA; 07-31-2010, 12:27 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • GTR-Dad
    replied
    I'm running an ORC 709 twin. It's very streetable, particularly with a Nismo slave. I do exclusively circuit racing, so can't comment on number of launches, but it's been solid for 4 seasons so far and shows no signs of dieing anytime soon.
    I recommend a Nismo short shifter and an OS Giken close ratio box to go with.
    Dan

    Leave a comment:


  • RWDragoon
    replied
    Well sales are important to me, but VEX Reputation is excellent and I will 100% stand behind OS Giken! We are the largest Canadian dealer for them, and this because we love the products they make! VEX can choose to sell whatever products or brands we choose, and infact I can get you very good pricing on Nismo, ACT, Exedy, and many other brands, but I choose to recommend OS Giken over all of them! I believe that their clutches and LSD's are the best in the world (and we have used many more expensive parts such as Tilton triple plate carbon-carbon @ $8000)

    Its not a sales gimmick and if you were in Alberta I would invite you to come drive one of the shops, or our customers cars that has this clutch installed! You will not find a bad review about an OS Giken product that VEX has ever sold! OS Giken also makes many different styles and ratings of clutches for GTR's and we can find one for almost any application. (Street, race, drag, drift, ect ect)

    If you search you will find the only bad reviews about OS Giken are from people that have purchased OS Clutches from non-authorized dealers (go to Top Page | OS GIKEN to view all dealers) Just like other brands such as TiAL, counterfeit products are a very large problem that is hard to control!

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X