Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Single or Twin plate clutch for drag ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • derk
    replied
    i find it ironic that Nismo says you shouldnt use the Nismo slave with the Nismo copper mix twin clutches... haha.

    Leave a comment:


  • GTR-Dad
    replied
    Nismo slave has a larger effective area so for a given load actuation pressure is lower and required volume is higher than OE. This results in less clutch effort and greater travel.
    AM clutch usabilty typically benefits from this change.

    Dan

    Leave a comment:


  • derk
    replied
    get a carbon/carbon triple unsprung.

    Leave a comment:


  • cobrAA
    replied
    Originally posted by Daryl @ TunerLab.jp View Post
    There is no such thing as a Nismo master.
    You don't "need" the Nismo slave, some people use it if they are using a metal plate clutch. Just like some people use stainless lines, you don't "need" them, but some people use them.
    If you want to just change your factory clutch to a metal plate, there's no problem with that.
    your right, nismo never made a master.
    Kudos Motorsports

    Somes said the nismo slave put too much stress on the master ( something along those lines)

    Leave a comment:


  • Daryl @ RightDrive
    replied
    Originally posted by cobrAA View Post
    Well I bought a OS GIKEN TS2B and would like to keep the most possible OEM feeling I had before. this is why I'm interesting to swap the nismo slave and clutch hose. However, I tihnk I will pass on the nismo solid shifter.
    Good choices

    Leave a comment:


  • cobrAA
    replied
    Originally posted by Daryl @ TunerLab.jp View Post
    There is no such thing as a Nismo master.
    You don't "need" the Nismo slave, some people use it if they are using a metal plate clutch. Just like some people use stainless lines, you don't "need" them, but some people use them.
    If you want to just change your factory clutch to a metal plate, there's no problem with that.
    Well I bought a OS GIKEN TS2B and would like to keep the most possible OEM feeling I had before. this is why I'm interesting to swap the nismo slave and clutch hose. However, I tihnk I will pass on the nismo solid shifter.

    Leave a comment:


  • Daryl @ RightDrive
    replied
    There is no such thing as a Nismo master.
    You don't "need" the Nismo slave, some people use it if they are using a metal plate clutch. Just like some people use stainless lines, you don't "need" them, but some people use them.
    If you want to just change your factory clutch to a metal plate, there's no problem with that.

    Leave a comment:


  • cobrAA
    replied
    Hey guys!

    On Skyline australia, they say that there's no need to install a nismo slave if you don't buy the nismo master ( or something along those lines). You know about it ?

    Leave a comment:


  • GTR-Dad
    replied
    One gearbox damage mechanism is forcing shifts quickly and damaging syncros in the process.
    Short shifters don't typically slow a guy down, so I could see Syncro life reduction happening along with fast shifts.
    Mine is the solid shifter and it works great. Very positive feel and precise shifting.
    Dan

    Leave a comment:


  • Daryl @ RightDrive
    replied
    Originally posted by Brando13 View Post
    totally off topic, but you should really start quoting in CAD Daryl....... that way i dont have to do any work to see what it converts too lmao
    I tend not to do that because the rate changes often, then people get upset when they can't have it for a price quoted previously.
    Right now, 16,800 JPY = about $200 CAD

    The quick shift is 40,900 JPY which is about $488 CAD.

    Leave a comment:


  • cobrAA
    replied
    By the lack of info for the ORC, I think my head wants to go with the os giken. I found a member who will let me try his orc 709, I will see.

    Leave a comment:


  • TW
    replied
    Originally posted by Daryl @ TunerLab.jp View Post
    16,800 JPY for the solid shift.
    what about the quick shift?

    Leave a comment:


  • Brando13
    replied
    totally off topic, but you should really start quoting in CAD Daryl....... that way i dont have to do any work to see what it converts too lmao

    Leave a comment:


  • Daryl @ RightDrive
    replied
    Originally posted by TW View Post
    orly?
    how much??
    16,800 JPY for the solid shift.

    Leave a comment:


  • TW
    replied
    orly?
    how much??

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X