Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Single or Twin plate clutch for drag ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Daryl @ RightDrive
    replied
    The ORC Twins are nice. For example the ORC 559 Twin w/damper is 169,050 JPY, and comes with flywheel, release bearing and sleeve bearing. The ORC 659 Twin w/damper is 179,550 JPY and also includes the same features, but will handle a little more power.
    The Nismo slave cylinder can be used with any metal clutch. The Nismo slave CANNOT be used with Nismo Copper Mix clutches.

    Leave a comment:


  • cobrAA
    replied
    How about orc twin ? and I read that I should buy a nismo clutch slave cylinder to make it easier tot ry on the street. true? or it's only good for nismo twin ?

    Leave a comment:


  • Daryl @ RightDrive
    replied
    Definitely twin. The Nismo twin is an awesome clutch, but designed mostly for circuit use. If you want a couch that you can dump the clutch at high rpm repeatedly, I'd go for a metal twin, like one from the OS Giken series, the price is reasonable and they're pretty tough clutches. Other options include Exedy metal or carbon twins.
    If you need any help locating a good clutch for your application please feel free to pm me.

    Leave a comment:


  • frankiman
    replied
    don't cheap out THIS time

    go nismo copper twin, or go home

    Leave a comment:


  • cobrAA
    started a topic Single or Twin plate clutch for drag ?

    Single or Twin plate clutch for drag ?

    My car currently do 425whp. My custom-made 6 puck is garbage, best times I did was 13.5 because of the slip!

    I'm looking for a street clutch but you know, one that can takes some 5k launch from times to times, you know, we have a gtr for a reason lol!

    Would a single plate do the job or I need to look at twin plate ?

    See ya
Working...
X