Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fastest GTR and highest WHP GTR in Canada ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fastest GTR and highest WHP GTR in Canada ?

Iv been looking online and cant find any concrete answers so help me out, what is the fastest GTR in the 1/4 mile and what is the highest hp GTR in Canada ? There have been some wild builds here but we never here aboutthem so maybe you know the guy who owns it or you have some pictures or videos ? If you do please post them. Is there a 1000hp in Canada yet ? Do we have many 10 second skylines ? Let's have a look at their set up and see what's working for them.
    Thanks in advance for your input
    "LAG is the time the guy beside you thought he won"

Sr20gt30 or something has a 9 second gtr. I'm not sure how often he is on here but he was using a 2.8 stroker, -5 turbos, ppg dog box and slicks.

I think he made 620+awhp

I'm up there with 587whp and I'm shooting for 700+whp in rhe spring

Comment

O Super_Dude your such a fan boy. lol
      You can't fix stupid.

Comment

620whp and into the 9's that's insane ! Have you had hour car down the track with that much power ? What's your engine set up - just the basics. Displacement cams turbos fuel and boost ?

Comment

My car has pretty much everything done except the bottom end. I'm getting a built motor this winter and a new turbo and I will be able to do 700+whp. It did 587@21psi with a gt4088r but stopped because of the stock pistons

I haven't been able to hit the drag strip since I got it tuned though.

Comment

Wow your going for 700whp on pump gas ? How are you running so much boost on pump gas ? Im only running 520whp at 16psi for a street tune nothing to crazy, we pulled some timing out To compensate for potentially bad gas and limit any detonation that occurs at higher boost. Il be retuning with meth this spring and then bump the boost to 20 maybe 22 psi.

Comment

hey super_dude would you mind sharing your ign map? i have a 4088r on a FR TS Manifold and on 14 psi it made 305whp. I run 18deg on full load.

Comment

I'm away from the car right now and don't have the map saved on the computer at home. I made 475@14psi with less timing. Something is a little fishy with 305whp.

Comment

SDs car has a touch of head work done as well. plus he is running 6 port meth, and a bit of a fuel system.
                  You can't fix stupid.

Comment

Ha!!!!

Try 32deg at 1.5 bar on pump 94 from Husky (it was really cold out, only 4 deg. C). In the summer time I have to put in a gallon of Tolulene with a tank to run 1.2 bar so I might have to bump that up to 2 gallons with 1.5 bar.

My knock counts are always below 40.

I figure I'm at about 700 crankHP (my 1000cc inj. are at 87%) and just ran a 10.67 at 138mph on my G-Tech Pro. I think the mph is more like 134 as the G-Techs tend to be over-ethusiastic by about 3-4% on the speed.

I expect to run a 9.90 this summer with Drag Radials. (and a new clutch, and PPG gears, and major susp. work, and gutting the interior, and a full cage, and, and, and...........LOL).

Jon.
                    Last edited by Dragon Humper; 11-15-2010, 09:07 PM.
                    Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Dragon humper that's insane ! I dont know much about toulene, do you think it's more beneficial to run toluene over water/meth injection ? What kind of clutch are you running ? Stock displacent ? What size cams ?

Also what is a safe knock count ?

Thanks

Comment

There is some debate on Knock counts, but I get about 30 even at .9bar with the same fuel mix so I think it's more engine noise than knock.

I use Tolulene instead of race fuel because it's cheaper and does the same job. It's not for everyone and you can't leave it in your fuel syst. over the winter. If it gets really warm out I'll bump up my global fuel usage (via the temp correction in my D-Jetro) and dump in a gallon of methanol just to be safe. Honestly the main reason is the GIGANTIC Trust intercooler (4" thick) and the awsome fuel that Husky/Mohawk has (ofcourse there is much debate about fuel but my results speak volumes, I'd like to see someone try that with that Shell garbage).

Stock displacement, really old HKS cams with 8.9mm lift, unknown twin plate, full Trust T88 kit with hardpipes and IC, engine internals are unknown but the shop that built it had 1.6 bar in the boost controller as an overboost alarm so methinks the engine has at least pistons (the 32 deg. ignition timing was also from them, I didn't mess with the tune at all above 4000rpm). I'm working on a build sheet from Infini Racing in Japan that built the car.

I think I got the deal of the decade on this puppy, 9 sec. potential for the whopping $14k that I have into her so far (including the price of the car).

Jon.
                        Last edited by Dragon Humper; 11-15-2010, 09:29 PM.
                        Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon Humper View Post
                          I think I got the deal of the decade on this puppy, 9 sec. potential for the whopping $14k that I have into her so far (including the price of the car).

Say what?
                          1992 BNR32 SKYLINE GTR

Comment

Good for you it's nice to here stories like that once in awhile, typical Gtr owner story is usually 1. Buy Gtr 2. Blow up Gtr 3. Rebuild engine and spend a small forums doing it hahaha

What kind if oil pump are you running ? What kind of a/f ratios are you running at cruise and at wide open throttle ? I had my car tuned at Lightspeed so just go with How they set it up but I'm not sure where it should be running

Comment

If I can hit 575-600whp I think I should be able to rock a low 11 maybe a high 10 second pass

Comment

Working...
                              X