Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fastest GTR and highest WHP GTR in Canada ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What turbos are you running to hit 575-600whp? That should be easy 10's on good street tires.

Comment

Jon, I really hate the fact that Mohawk/Husky ditched 94 recently

Comment

Im running N1's (I think) the reason I'm not so sure now is because I'm easily making 520whp @ 16psi with some timing pulled out to make it safer,can't remember what the whp was before pulling 4 degrees of timing out. With the meth I will hopefully be running 20 - 22psi to aim for 600ish whp. I'm with dragon bumper I only runmohawk 94 and my car loves it !
        "LAG is the time the guy beside you thought he won"

Comment

Iv got really good tires on now Toyo rzr 265/45/17's and I can roast all of them under 80km/hr if I nail the throttle wide open. My torque on the dyno was 486lb/ft which seems high and also makes me question what my turbos are ? They came of a R34 GTR that was fully built as a drift car he was making over 600whp I'm not certain what boost he was running.

Comment

I would love to see your dyno graph. My reign as rb torque king on cams dyno was short lived. I can't remeber off the top of my head but I made about 475.

Ill be back in the spring to take my torque title back. I still have the rb hp title

Comment

Hahaha man I would love to see my torque graph to ! I havnt even got t yet hahaha Gtr-dad is over 480ft/lbs to. What is the Gtr hp record there ? There was that black Gtr some young had in red deer before he smashed it that camtuned and it was 660whp or something stupid lime that. What are you going run this time ? You running meth ? We should set up a meet in red deer for a dyno weekend In the spring

Comment

Originally posted by M13 View Post
                Jon, I really hate the fact that Mohawk/Husky ditched 94 recently

Yea, I heard that. They did that after they reduced the reg. to 87 from 90. In areas outside of major merto areas you can still get 90 reg., 92 mid-grade and 94 prem.

Evil:

The pump must be either stock with Reinmax gears or an N1 because it looks stock and very clean compared to the rest of the block (so I think it's been messed with). AFR's are 14.3 to 14.8 at cruise and a nice safe 12 to 12.2 under full scream. The D-Jetro is running sans 02's so I think it has the ability to fine tune the vacuum at cruise. I took a roadtrip in Sept. and on a flat bit of ground I had the tracer on and I could see the PIM voltages cycling less and less and less with the vacuum rising all the while. I think it was searching for the best vacuum to give me 14.8 AFR. Not bad for flying blind without 02 feedback.

At 1.5 bar I have to backpeddle the car in 3rd gear to gain traction and 2nd is completely useless....LOL. I hope that will get better with the 245f/275r 17's I will have on her next year.

Jon.
                Last edited by Dragon Humper; 11-16-2010, 12:42 AM.
                Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

I'm working on an rb30 and a new efr8374. On pump+meth I think I will do 600-650whp and crazy torque. I also want to do a race gas+meth tune and see what the new bw can do. 700+ should be easy maybe even 750.

I'm defiantly down for a high hp gtr dyno weekend. Maybe even go to castrol aswell. No sissy 400whp cars allowed jk

Comment

At 1.5 bar I have to backpeddle the car in 3rd gear to gain traction and 2nd is completely useless.. HAHAHA that's priceless ! My a/f's at cruise are similar to you but at full song I think I'm maybe 10.9 - low 11 ish , does that sound right ? I think it may be a little rich but maybe Cam did that as a precaution ? I trust Cam with tuning but Iv never inquired as to what out fuel ratios should be. I want max up haha

Comment

Cam is very conservative/safe with his tunes. All the cars he does are in that range.

Dragon-what size tires are you planning on running to get the attessa happy? I was thinking of doing the 265/315 stagger but the only tires in that size are kuhmo xs and toyo r888's

Also, if your running low 12 afrs, 1000cc injectors and 87% dc you are either maxking out your fuel pump and loosing pressure or making a lot more power than 600whp.

Comment

I don't think the pumps are maxed out because the injector duty goes up pretty evenly with the boost level. Besides the D-Jetro is not using any feedback what so ever so it can't compensate for faltering fuel pressure. If my AFR's are at 12 at 1 bar and at 1.5 bar then all must be good. 11 AFR is a little rich for me but if you are dealing with crappy pump gas (some people can only get 91 where they are) you need it that way.

The basic rule of thumb that 1cc = 1hp on a 6cyl is a good guideline but I don't think it's gospel, I figure that I am at a pretty solid 700 NET crank HP which is about 750 GROSS HP and about 625 ATW. 87% might translate to 870hp in some cases but I like to think in more realistic terms. If you put my ET and trap speed into any HP calculator with my fighting weight of 3220lbs you get only 525 crank HP (which incedentally is what my G-Tech told me I had). Another thing to consider is my AIT was at a paltry 22 deg (it was only 3 deg when I made that run, hence the lack of traction) and my coolant was at only 57 deg. C so the ECU was adding a bunch of fuel to compensate. In the summer heat I don't think the duty would be much over 75%.

So really that's as much power as I think this thing is capable of (on straight pump 94 to boot) and it most likely was in the upper 600's at the wheels because it pulled like a fvcking F18 on that night, gave me that little girl giggle that I had when I first started to drive the car at only 1 bar. It scared me a little, which is a very good thing.

For tires I am using Sumitomo HTR-Z 245/40 and 275/35 17's which are perfectly at 25.2" dia., they also make a 315/30 in that size so I might go wider if I figure I can squeeze them on to a 10" wide wheel (recomended is 11").

Jon.
                        Last edited by Dragon Humper; 11-16-2010, 01:43 AM.
                        Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Peak injector pulse width is at peak torque (peak ve)
                          Peak injector duty cycle is at peak hp (peak airflow)

If hp continues north so should your duty cycle.

Have a look at you injector pulse width after peak torque. If they are going up and your AFRs are steady you are probably loosing fuel pressure.

Comment

Can you look at pulse width on the Commander, I don't think I have noticed that parameter. I think I can only look at duty cycle.

The knock counts are still under 40 and I have twin Tomei pumps in my tank (which are to be replaced with an A1000 and a swirl pot next year) that combined are supposed to be good to 900HP so it should be good. Maybe not but that will be addressed soon (I have all the parts except a stock pump to replace the twins).

At any rate, she has the Mambo to run low 10's for sure, I just need to spend about $10k on stuff to do it more than once.......LOL.

Jon.
                            Last edited by Dragon Humper; 11-16-2010, 02:06 AM.

Comment

Lol. Twin tomeis should do it no problem. I just thought it was weird and thought you should consider it. Food for thought I guess.

I'm pretty sure you can check ipw with a power fc but I'm not 100%

Make sure you use a pump controller so you don't burn out the a1000 pump. I prefer twin 044's as the failure rate is crazy low.

Comment

Originally posted by Super_Dude View Post
                                Make sure you use a pump controller so you don't burn out the a1000 pump. I prefer twin 044's as the failure rate is crazy low.
                                So do A1000's, that buddy with the turboed 408 had the same A1000 in all three of his project cars over the course of 8 years so I think it should be fine. It's a summer cruiser anyway, I've only put 4000km on it since I bought it 2 years ago. The key is running the same size return line as your feed line to keep the fuel moving to cool the pump.

Jon.

Comment

Working...
                                X