crzyone's "project" car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crzyone's "project" car

Decided to do a buildup thread since I have done a bit of work on my car.

My car is a 1990 GTR, midnight blue with a short list of mods. When I bought the car it had 63,000 kilometers on it, tien coilovers, Stern wheels, CF hood, N1 headlights, kneepads, front and rear strut bars and a funky little passenger side mirror visor.

Here is a picture of the car when I first got it back in October.

My next "mod" was to put tint on the windows. I also took off those goofy pinkish wind/rain deflectors.

I then removed the wing because I was going to pick up an aftermarket one. I thought it looked ok without the wing, Donk hated it. :-)

ARP carbon fiber wing installed, looks better in person.

Now its time for paint. I liked the TH1 blue pearl but it was showing its age. I thought changing the color would also make the car stand out a bit more and look more modern.

The beginning stages, prep work

Fixing all the rock chips in the paint. Also fixed the factory bondo on the window seam. Must have got some water in it and cracked.

Nissan Daytona Blue, tons and tons of pearl in this paint.

I've always loved 2 tone, so I had the painter paint everything above the doors black.

This picture is just after the wetsand and polish

I just picked up a Seibon JU style CF hood for the car, will post my own pictures of it soon. I hope its ok to use this pic...

My brand new intercooler just arrived, will be installing it on the car either tonight or tomorrow. Same dimensions as stock but 1/2" thicker.

Thats it for right now, I will post more pictures soon as the car progresses. Still a lot of work to be done before it is show ready. Thanks for looking!

R32.4 GTR

It looks great, post up some outdoor daytime pictures when you get a chance.

Oh 1 thing though.

Friends don't let friends drink Canadian!

Comment

What can I say, its what my buddy offered me :-D

I will. I should have the car back either tonight or tomorrow. I have not even seen it outside in the sun yet. Getting a bit anxious.

R32.4 GTR

Comment

Very nice, thumbs up!
        GTRC Geriatrics Crew.

Comment

factory bondo??? Im a autobody tech and have never heard of factory bondo and have never seen any. I think you might have a few surprises under that old paint of yours.

But the car looks good now I like the colour you went with:-D

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by findawg7 View Post
            factory bondo??? Im a autobody tech and have never heard of factory bondo and have never seen any. I think you might have a few surprises under that old paint of yours.

But the car looks good now I like the colour you went with:-D

Jason
            This is what the bodyman said. Factory seams between the roof and pillar or something like that. He showed me, it was definitly "bondo/filler" and metal underneath. He used high solids to repair, no bondo on my car.

Its quite possible the car has previous damage, don't know. Was a very straight car when I bought it.

R32.4 GTR

Comment

I dig the color choice! I can't wait to see some outdoor pics when the car is all back together. Which intercooler is that one?
              1998 Stagea AutechVersion 260RS
              1991 GTi-R "Angry White Ghost" - FOR SALE

Comment

Intercooler is off e-bay. It was fairly cheap but is 3/4" thicker than stock and looks very well built.

Finally got my car all put back together this last weekend, here are some updated pictures.

It looks even better in person. I'm glad I went with the black roof. Now I will update when I start with engine mods. :-D

R32.4 GTR

Comment

It looks very good esp. under the sun. Two tone is not for everyone but it has another way to work with your CF hood and spoiler!

Good job!!

PM'd.
                  In the end the gov't will do as they please and if they do kill the 15 yr rule life will go on, and we will find other cars readily available to pour our hearts and wallets into. The Skyline is a great car, but its not the only one. It might be a case of easy come easy go.------------- JZ

Comment

Looks very good, I like the paint choices.

Comment

looks really good :P thumbs up from me.
                      where did you buy ur GTR from? looks familar

Comment

Thanks for the compliments. Bought the car from 4kruzn last year.

R32.4 GTR

Comment

Originally posted by crzyone View Post
                          I'm glad I went with the black roof. Now I will update when I start with engine mods. :-D

ummm, looks familiar. well at least i did it FIRST.

looks good tho
                          Trust T618Z,Carrillo Rods,CP Pistons,Tomei 280 10.8 lift ProCams, Tomei Spec C Springs, N1 Block, ARP, ATI, ATL, Bosch 044,Sard 800cc,PFC,Z32 etc.......

Comment

Originally posted by R32GT-R View Post
                            ummm, looks familiar. well at least i did it FIRST.

looks good tho
                            Hate to break it to you but you were not first :-D

I've seen a few 2 tone skylines but this picture gave me the inspiration, not yours.

Here were a few of the other versions I liked

Been to a few sites with 2 tone skylines, you are not the first and not the last. Nice car btw.

R32.4 GTR

Comment

i was just buggin ya, looks good. blue looks great

u can use Trust parts and their blue will match perfectly
                              Trust T618Z,Carrillo Rods,CP Pistons,Tomei 280 10.8 lift ProCams, Tomei Spec C Springs, N1 Block, ARP, ATI, ATL, Bosch 044,Sard 800cc,PFC,Z32 etc.......

Comment

Working...
                              X