No announcement yet.

Project 514 GTR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hey marc, im not a member on nasioc or msc... assclown.

hey btw. I want to remove all that shite over the winter... how are we going to do this? my car is stored in the garage at my house and i dont know if im allowed working on it there lol.

i need info for removing abs.. will i need a prop valve to adjust bias? non abs master?

2.8l on twins will be the move i think... now how about titanium stoker rods?? crower makes regular stroke ones but i guess i would have to go custom or something. hmmm

Comment

• Just use shotpeened or forged rods. Titanium is a bit overkill in terms of price.. and you're really talking minimal performance gains here.
      Better off spending that on head work/ titanium valve springs, cams, bronze valve guides and etc..

In the spring when my cars running, get an exemption and bring your car to my shop.. We can do the floor and all the stripping in like 2-3 weeks. and my car can be moved to the back
      Check out the GTST Projects page and keep up to date with my build!
      www.nelsonmx.wordpress.com
      Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/NelsonMX
      Any part inquiries can be forwarded to marc@nelsonmx.com

Comment

• not necessarily true.. titatium rods, though mad expeeze, can greatly increase response. just the fact that the rod has less weight to carry up and down in the cylinder will make the car much more efficient in the top end, especially since i'll build it for 9500+rpm.

Comment

• if your rich go for 2.8. if not, 3.0 will be a tad cheaper and at the end, can gives better power for the same response.
          Need detailing done to your car? I'm open to travel to detail your car :

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/group-buys/54899-ontario-cobraa-detailing-group-buy.html

Please follow my works and latest news/promotion at : https://www.facebook.com/Waxxonspa || Waxxon.com ||

Comment

• how will a 3l be cheaper? lol

Comment

• Wow all this is making me think about Mine's <3

If I get a well paying job soon, I wanna build the ultimate response machine! Tyler Im gonna copy your steps on building a responsive engine. Except Ill probably keep the 26.
              Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

• That's a nice goal you have. GT2530s spool a bit slower but have better top end (ported a certain way) than the -5s. Stroker kits are great but RB30s are cheaper, they just don't rev as high. I had planned on going stroker but for the $8,000 kit, I decided to make everything else more badass and spank some of the 2.8Ls with few other mods In the end, I'm still gonna hit $xx k+ into a car than will struggle with a ZR1 :S Wonder if I shoulda gone RB30 lol, a built RIPS RB30 is cheaper than what I did...

I think you should get an RB28 Tomei Genesis engine, slap on a BW twin scrool turbo and whip ass. It's gonna be cheaper than $30k so you're winning with the funds!!!
                Last edited by NismoS-tune; 12-10-2010, 08:10 PM.
                Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
                Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
                Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
                Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
                Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
                White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
                lol

Comment

• I did my research and I made my minds, I love my GTR but it's enought. ( Enough money spend on it. I want to track the car, I soon will be moving etc. I wtv you get the idea) A 2.8 can cost you, baseline 5.5k + shipping plus taxes.

While a rb30 can be found for like 1.5k + 1.5k if you can want to keep the AWD ( else, you will have a rwd rb30). search for RB30, a member found a rb30 nicely build for 3k on kijiji like 2 weeks ago. it was a steal haha.

There's a lot more RB30 then rb28. so parts can be easier to source and slighty cheaper.

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/group-buys/54899-ontario-cobraa-detailing-group-buy.html

Please follow my works and latest news/promotion at : https://www.facebook.com/Waxxonspa || Waxxon.com ||

Comment

• i have just seen too many nightmare rb30 builds so i've been turned off the thought of going 3l (ie felix's build)

Comment

• and, taking into consideration that i want to rev real high, 2.8 will be better for me.. im not expecting this to happen overnight, so id rather not take the cheaper way when i have the choice, unless theres no advantage to the more expensive route. I want this car to rip through gears like no tomorrow. Eventually, a 6speed will be in the plans as well

Comment

• Originally posted by cobrAA View Post
                        I did my research and I made my minds, I love my GTR but it's enought. ( Enough money spend on it. I want to track the car, I soon will be moving etc. I wtv you get the idea) A 2.8 can cost you, baseline 5.5k + shipping plus taxes.

While a rb30 can be found for like 1.5k + 1.5k if you can want to keep the AWD ( else, you will have a rwd rb30). search for RB30, a member found a rb30 nicely build for 3k on kijiji like 2 weeks ago. it was a steal haha.

There's a lot more RB30 then rb28. so parts can be easier to source and slighty cheaper.
                        errr....doesnt sound right to me
                        My car keeps on stealing my money .

Comment

• just saw all the posts on this explosive thread now...

my thoughts:

order a RIPS RB30 using a twin scroll turbo. tell him to do it with an R34 head... buy an R34 6 speed trany, and basically put everything from R34 into ur R32...

R34 shafts, diffs, ecu etc..

it'll be epic.
                          The SkyLife Community & News Website --> http://www.skylife4ever.com

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ View Post
                            errr....doesnt sound right to me
                            Call me a cheap ass dreamer or wtv but that same dreamer have been able to built a nicely 400whp gtr for less than most on this forum. Just have to takes the times to shop at the right place and sometimes it's better to order YJ for 150$ less than Spitfire but works the same.. Anyways, i'm getting way off-topic

Comment

• Welcome back.... You need a holinger seq 6-speed transmission if you want to be a real man

If you want come talk to my engine guy he'll explain you why titanium rods aren't necessary for what you want. If you run those rods you'll have less inertia so you'll gain response but it makes a bigger difference when you have a larger stroke. A smaller diameter clutch and lighter flywheel, and even driveshaft will also give more response also. RB30 and RB28 are the same they both change the stroke. An rb30 has an even bigger stroke then the rb28 (most strokers also play with bore, the rb30 has the same bore as an rb26). Bigger displacement doesn't mean more power it just means more response, also you dont need to run as much psi for the same power and therefore less stress on rods/HG/turbo(s). There's a lot of options, especially if you have 20-30k$ to spend on just engine parts. You can rig up an anti-lag system (a mechanical system), quick spool valve, v-cam!!!!, crazy cnc porting, properly match cams/valves, etc.... those things will give response also. And GT2860 and HKS GT2530 are things of the past go with the new technology, billet is the future!!!! A precision 5557 is the same size as a gt28, makes 100hp more each turbo, and spools 500-1000rpm sooner.... (slightly bigger inducer, smaller exducer) **** old technology, Ken Block is running 60psi for a reason, a gt2860 or HKS 2530 would self destruct at that level of pressure.
                              Last edited by mitch32; 12-11-2010, 01:53 AM.

Comment

• Epic but the getrag ain't all that good. At the price of a good one, may as well cough out a bit more and get a beast box like a trust box or something. I wanted to go with a 6 speed and a 2.8L but it was too expensive to support with other parts. A strong gearbox will run over $6000 as I've searched and priced out. Then again, I'm not after a stock R34 box.

Let's see some more parts!!

You should +1 us all!
                                RHDJapan offers the best quality performance parts made in Japan including Nismo, Mugen, Defi, Spoon, Cusco, Tomei, HKS and other JDM brands.

RHDJapan offers the best quality performance parts made in Japan including Nismo, Mugen, Defi, Spoon, Cusco, Tomei, HKS and other JDM brands.

Originally posted by archaeic_bloke View Post
                                just saw all the posts on this explosive thread now...

my thoughts:

order a RIPS RB30 using a twin scroll turbo. tell him to do it with an R34 head... buy an R34 6 speed trany, and basically put everything from R34 into ur R32...

R34 shafts, diffs, ecu etc..

it'll be epic.
                                Last edited by NismoS-tune; 12-11-2010, 02:24 AM.
                                Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
                                Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
                                Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
                                Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
                                Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
                                White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
                                lol

Comment

Working...
                                X