Project 514 GTR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DJ View Post
    Remember the rb26 has two different o2 sensor connectors .One has the rectangle connector like the one ams has and the other is square shapped!
    ahh good point! how would you recommend getting around this? just soldering the new o2 sensor onto the old square connector?

Comment

If you want to take that approach you can .If not then order one from ams and the other 02 sensor from a source where they supply it.(nissan dealer?)
      My car keeps on stealing my money .

Comment

hey guys, so i shot an email to VUK @ AMS to ask about the fitment issue... he says yes his O2 sensors are intended for 300ZX and will need some modification to fit to the RB26, he said theres an article on how to do it on GTRc (here) but i couldnt find it....

are we certain its only a wiring issue? cause that would be a SUPER easy fix... but arent the wires for the O2 sensor specially shielded? which would mean cutting, splicing and soldering would create background noise in the circuit and do more harm than good.

im gonna call AMS monday and clarify the issue, unless he emails me back before i call.

ill keep everyone updated here, in the mean time if anyone can find a link to the supposed thread on GTRc about the how to, please post it.

and Ty and anyone else in the MTL area who would want one, if the mod is easy enough when the time comes to order, ill shoot u guys a text and we'll all save on shipping.
        The SkyLife Community & News Website --> http://www.skylife4ever.com

Comment

Originally posted by DJ View Post
          If you want to take that approach you can .If not then order one from ams and the other 02 sensor from a source where they supply it.(nissan dealer?)
          the problem there is that OEM o2 sensors are about 250 bucks lol, maybe more. lol

Josh, let me know what you come up with... I'm going to do some searching of my own and see if i can find rb26 specific sensors without getting too expensive.

Comment

still no specific response from VUK @ AMS... im gonna give them a call this week i think and see what the deal is, cause the pricing on those is great, if all i need to do is clip and re-solder a new plug, im down with that.

Comment

I dont want to start an argument but from what i know the signal in the o2 is changed if you have a splice and solder connection. The shielding on the wire is important. Some have a different view on this i know. It cost only a hundred and change more to get the proper gtr o2's..

Comment

Thanks for the input... I definitely agree with you considering how hot the exhaust side gets..

Comment

if you have to manufacturer part number for both o2 sensor, i suggest looking into this website; clubplug.ca
                  sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

Originally posted by nismo-152 View Post
                    I dont want to start an argument but from what i know the signal in the o2 is changed if you have a splice and solder connection. The shielding on the wire is important. Some have a different view on this i know. It cost only a hundred and change more to get the proper gtr o2's..
                    Franki - Couldnt find out part number on there. They have a 300zx one which is supposed to fit one of ours but we'd still need another.

and I'm not one to try to skimp out and cut costs, but I'm not paying 800$+ for o2 sensors, thank you very much

RHDJapan offers the best quality performance parts made in Japan including Nismo, Mugen, Defi, Spoon, Cusco, Tomei, HKS and other JDM brands.

Comment

Does nissan want 800 for the sensor's? I think i paid 290 for the two...
                      The part numbers are
                      -22690-05u21
                      -22690-05u22

Comment

You got them from a local dealer??

Comment

No i got them from the late z tune in bc... I can get there source potentially. I will call this week if you like and let you know?

Comment

YES please!!! theres like 5 ppl in MTL who want a pair.. do it up.

Comment

Originally posted by nismo-152 View Post
                              No i got them from the late z tune in bc... I can get there source potentially. I will call this week if you like and let you know?
                              yes please!!! keep us posted!! thanks dude

Comment

I will let you know as soon as i find out!

Comment

Working...
                                X