No announcement yet.

RB26 Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I now have 1200km's on the second rebuild had a small vacuum leak that Ztune found for me the idle was a bit high and under the intake plenum are a bunch of hoses, one of the ones that were capped blew off so they replaced it and zap strapped a bunch of vacuum hoses and caps now i dont need to worry about that as much until i up the boost a bunch more which will be soon... I'll be dumping the oil later on today when Lordco opens cause i checked it and it smells a bit like fuel so better safe then sorry i did run rich with that vacuum line off...

Just got back from the car wash working the late afternoon shifts at work now so trying to do something when i get home maybe ill borrow the roomates camera and take some nice shots somewhere later today after the oil change.

Comment

• Would you mind me asking what idle you were at when the vac line came off I am coming to my wits end trying to diagnose my idle but cant seem to locate anything I may just run all new lines but I dont want to it its just a un hooked hose. Very nice engine, your build gives me idea's
      You can't doubt the existance of hell when you live in it

Comment

• when cold the car idled at 2000rpm and when warm idled at 1700rpm and went right back down to 1100rpm after we plugged the vacuum port that was open.

Comment

• Just hit 2000km's yessss beat my old record for 1800km's when the bolt broke last time. Went to Lordco and picked up an innovate motorsports XD-16 wideband kit for my car so i can monitor A/F all the time I'll also be investing in their egt gauge and daisy chain it to the wideband. Soon to be installed. Nothing else to tell about the car its still running strong and pulling hard. Water meth injection and another 10 psi soon to come. Just curious i was wondering if anyone else see's unburnt fuel out the tail pipe way up in the RPM's cause i occasionally do not sure how rich im running yet but i'll soon know when the wideband is hooked up... i remember the last dyno tune it was running around 10.5 which is pretty rich. I also picked up a bunch of T-Bolt hose clamps and will be installing them onto my intake pipework so when i do increase the boost i wont have any issues with boost piping popping off.

Comment

• Hey Curt, glad to hear the break-in is going well! Do you have an idea of when you'll be ready for the water meth and tuning? Shoot me a msg!
            FINAL CLEARANCE! EVERYTHING MUST GO NOW!

The Best Brands. The Best Builds. The Best Service. The Best Prices.
            - 1.888.ZED.TUNE

Comment

• When I get some more funds it'll happen i will give you a shout though and we can talk pricing aiight. Also i want some more low and part throttle tuning done i cant even blip the throttle to rev match downshifts it just doesnt have the response im looking for, and yes i know its only a base tune but we need to get some more dyno time!

Comment

• Sounds good. No Worries on the response, the guys will tune power, response and driveability! Do you have a rough idea of when you want to do the tuning? We're getting super busy, so I just want to make sure we have a little time set asside for you!

- 1.888.ZED.TUNE

Comment

• i get paid next week so the best bet would be for me to drop the car off on next saturday then you guys can have it till its done... i'll have to drive the stupid cavalier then

Comment

• The car is going in for the re-tune and higher boost levels on tuesday morning and i hope to have it back by friday... now we can really see how much power my setup can make or how much my stock boost piping will take with some new T-bolt style clamps. I will post vids and pics as soon as i get them as well as a dyno sheet.

Comment

• Left the car tuesday morning with ztune they started right away on the water meth install i should hear some numbers from them later tomorrow afternoon ill post when i get home if Mike doesnt beat me to it lol...

Comment

• Originally posted by curtisgoodman View Post
                        Left the car tuesday morning with ztune they started right away on the water meth install i should hear some numbers from them later tomorrow afternoon ill post when i get home if Mike doesnt beat me to it lol...

Haha, if I heard right, 510AWHP and 443ft-lbs on the Mustang Dyno!!! We'll get those pics and vids on DVD for you!

Damn fine!

- 1.888.ZED.TUNE

Comment

• !!510AWHP!!

All I can say is WOW... well she'll be nice to drive home tomorrow morning thats for sure (sh*t i better check the weather). :bow down: to Ztune and all there staff for a great job on my GTR and a great tune to boot. Yuri, Mike M, Mike S, Drew, and the rest of the crew are stand up guys and I wouldn't bring my car anywhere else... ever. Also a shout out to the boys at RaceGreed in Coquitlam for use of there dyno!

Pics and Vids to follow as soon as Mike has some time in his busy schedule

Comment

• So...how was the drive home? Bet you made it in time for work this time...lol...unless you just keep on driving and driving and driving

- 1.888.ZED.TUNE

Comment

• Everything happens so fast on this build haha

Comment

• Originally posted by curtisgoodman View Post
                                !!510AWHP!!
                                Please hurry an post the vid an dyno of this, was this on the water meth or straight pump gas?? What boost are you running right now??
                                ........Nothing but Good Times........

Comment

Working...
                                X