Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check this out

Comment

Damn, site is down for maintenance i'll check back in a bit...

Thanks for the link!

Comment

Sooo... supposedly the admin erased all the forums or it's just a joke but that sucks if its true all that information gone...

Comment

New parts added to the rebuild list:

HKS FMIC & piping
          Nismo fuel pump
          Nismo twin super copper mix clutch & flywheel
          Synapsis BOV's

I think that's it atm...

Comment

you dont need an aftermarket intercooler or a fuel rail yet. Just modify the existing rail unless you like shiny bits. I would also get retianers though...just incase you wanna see redline once and a while

Comment

well im figuring ill max out the stock FMIC and fuel rail... they cant support over 550hp right?

If im wrong i'll cancel the order till later and save myself some money im into this for a lot it'd be nice if i could spend a little less...

let me know...

Comment

Not sure on the fuel rail, but the intercooler sure can.

And if you're planning on making "550+" you need a front LSD, a rear LSD is a damned good idea, and you're probably going to be needing to upgrade the internals in your gearbox. Lots of UK guys breaking 3rd gear at 500-550 WHP.
                1990 Skyline GT-R - Jet Silver Metallic
                It'll run someday

Comment

Alright well i will probably order the hks fmic then but im not sure about the fuel rail either...

Anyone in the lower mainland get there gearbox upgraded just curious about parts price and such...

Now onto LSD front and rear selection who is using which brand and whats best and what works...

throw me some more info and ill look into getting some new driveline parts for the build as well, cant be throwing down 500hp+ if the drivetrain cant support it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by curtisgoodman View Post
                    Alright well i will probably order the hks fmic then but im not sure about the fuel rail either...

Anyone in the lower mainland get there gearbox upgraded just curious about parts price and such...

Now onto LSD front and rear selection who is using which brand and whats best and what works...

throw me some more info and ill look into getting some new driveline parts for the build as well, cant be throwing down 500hp+ if the drivetrain cant support it!!!
                    The main input shaft flexes causing the gears to not engauge 100% and stripping the teeth, since 3rd is in the middle. It flexes the most, hence most prone to strippage.

OSG makes a drag 123 gear set as well as a strengthened input shaft. Maybe that would be your best bet? Don't really hear much about diffs breaking from what I know?

Comment

Save your money on the shiney crap. IE) Intercooler. You have to break in the motor for a while anyway and it isnt a big ordeal to change the intercooler. Put the $$$ towards something more paramount in the structure of the build

Comment

Thats a good idea but what else am i missing to make the build more reliable... im looking into an oil cooler and some LSD's for the front and rear of the car but what else could i add to my build?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by curtisgoodman View Post
                          Thats a good idea but what else am i missing to make the build more reliable... im looking into an oil cooler and some LSD's for the front and rear of the car but what else could i add to my build?

Thanks
                          I would upgrade your tranny before you do LSD's, 3rd gear is the weak point for sure. I'd say upgradding your front and rear diffs to LSD's would increase your chances of dropping out 3rd.

Comment

alright so the OSG gears are stronger thats good but is the 123 drag ment for the strip or what... this is going to be a street daily driver i dont want anything ment for the strip or track just stronger then stock... could i get a new stock set of gears and treat them or am i better off getting a whole new setup... anyother choices besides the OSG set id like to read up on a couple other types as well.

thanks

Comment

Just have the tranny rebuilt with new bearings and gaskets.. Way cheaper and it got rid of my 4th geear grind as well. I think its like 700 including labour and parts and stuff. Also look at a fuel surge tank. Trevor is getting me some extra fuel items so maybe a group buy is in order? Make sure all your boost pipes are hard pipes now as well. That costs some $$$. A good A/F gauge is in order and aybe even a knock amp gauge would do you good.

Comment

Eber thanks I'm in the process of the final ordering from Japan so i need to know the other little things ill need... i think i might send the tranny out then cause i was just starting to get 4th gear grind where in vancouver is a good place to get her rebuilt?

Thanks Eber!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X