No announcement yet.

RB26 Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rebuilding the trans with new syncros and **** doesn't alleviate the problems of stripping gears.
    1990 Skyline GT-R - Jet Silver Metallic
    It'll run someday

Comment

Originally posted by curtisgoodman View Post
      alright so the OSG gears are stronger thats good but is the 123 drag ment for the strip or what... this is going to be a street daily driver i dont want anything ment for the strip or track just stronger then stock... could i get a new stock set of gears and treat them or am i better off getting a whole new setup... anyother choices besides the OSG set id like to read up on a couple other types as well.

thanks
      OSG offers an array of gears you can buy from them, search on gtr.co.uk.

Comment

Update!!

It's been a couple weeks but finally some progress, I'm under the impression that all parts have showed up for my car from misc. companies in Japan & USA, all parts needed for the engine re-assembly have been sent to my machine shop, and now just waiting for him to put the engine back together then send it back to Z-tune so they can start the re-installation process as well as all the supporting parts... cant wait to have a better idea of when she'll be done!!

I have some photos but they're pretty large in size how do i go about getting them on here for all to see... they're about 2.5mbs a piece...

Comment

Pics

mmMMmm... parts...

Another nice shot with Z-Tune logo in the backround nice one Trevor

Close up!

Comment

holly **** I would rather break into z-tune right now than fort knox. That is the sweetest sight I have ever seen. It reminds me of the good old days when new parts arrived every day. Keep up with the build and take part.... It is the best part.

Comment

Yeah i wish i could get time off to be apart of this resurrection... i work 6 days a week 10 hours a day and time off is a oasis in the desert. doesn't happen often. Anyways I'll be down there as soon as they are open either 24 hours a day or on Sundays When the engine arrives @ Ztune & they start the installation I'll make sure i get outta work early at least once or twice...

Comment

trust me when i tell you that the millions of dollars spent have nothing to do with the participation and role you play in the build. I have my car back with a very good tune (it walks away from my buddies svt stang like its standing still) but the ups and downs of the build were almost more exciting. You need to see and feel the bad in order to appreciate the monster you will be driving later.... From what I have seen you are taking it to an ever bigger level than me. i havent done cam yet , but some serious machine work on my head has been done. send me a PM and I will give you my # so you can see hwat to expect. You have to go for a ride!

Comment

nice build!!! Ztune should take care of them. Just be sure to get them to remove the sticker on the actuator... I didn't... Jesus it smoked like hell and went up in flames haha.

Originally posted by Eber View Post
                  trust me when i tell you that the millions of dollars spent have nothing to do with the participation and role you play in the build. I have my car back with a very good tune (it walks away from my buddies svt stang like its standing still) but the ups and downs of the build were almost more exciting. You need to see and feel the bad in order to appreciate the monster you will be driving later.... From what I have seen you are taking it to an ever bigger level than me. i havent done cam yet , but some serious machine work on my head has been done. send me a PM and I will give you my # so you can see hwat to expect. You have to go for a ride!

Comment

Yeah being there to watch and help bring the car to life is awesome i've done it plenty before with RX-7's which were my passion before the GTR slide sideways into my life! I'll def send u a PM Eber if i have a free sunday and its nice out a ride in your whip sounds like fun :-o maybe we can convince Trevor @ Ztune to come in on a sunday and we can checkout the shop and my parts...

Comment

So my machinist is sending the full rotating assembly to his balance guy in Abby this includes crank, rods, pistons, clutch & flywheel, and the dampner... He will balance it to zero and send it back. Then re-assembly of the engine, send it to Ztune, and the heart of the build will slip nicely back into my beast. A week after that and i'll have something to show for all this $$$.

I'll try and get some more pictures as that process goes along. I'll keep everyone updated!

If anyone knows someone with a oil cooler & relocation kit new or used let me know!

Comment

Shims

So the engine should be back together by mid next week but we've come into a bit of a problem with shimming the valves... with the Tomei Procams we're out almost 1mm across the board and was wondering if there is another nissan with the same style shims that is more readily available instead of the 8 week wait from the dealership for GTR ones... i thought i heard someone talking about the KA24 having similar shims but I'm not sure... if anyone has any info on shims or has any for that matter let me know ASAP!!!

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by curtisgoodman View Post
                          So the engine should be back together by mid next week but we've come into a bit of a problem with shimming the valves... with the Tomei Procams we're out almost 1mm across the board and was wondering if there is another nissan with the same style shims that is more readily available instead of the 8 week wait from the dealership for GTR ones... i thought i heard someone talking about the KA24 having similar shims but I'm not sure... if anyone has any info on shims or has any for that matter let me know ASAP!!!

Thanks
                          I heard MR2 3sgte shims possibly work, or you could get in touch with RB motoring. They have a whole wack of shims.

Comment

Saw this car when I went to Z-tune the other day, that's a huge-ass pile of parts waiting to go in!
                            1990 Skyline GT-R - Jet Silver Metallic
                            It'll run someday

Comment

Alright i've found out even RB Motoring can't make shims as big as i need them so back to tomei for their over sized lifters for these special procams that have a small base circle cam lobe style which i figure the bucket would have came with them but i'm begining to think otherwise... more money into the head not that i expected any different...

Comment

So i ordered the tomei 1mm larger buckets from RB Motoring for 430 bucks including express delivery to Z-tune and also the APFC D-Jetro is in-route... from ontario so all is well... waiting for the rotating assembly to come back fully balanced gonna call about that today and still no pics will try and get some coming from the machine shop!

Tune in next week for a completely assembled RB26 and Z-tune will start to work there magic!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X