No announcement yet.

RB26 Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Come on man.. updates I know its only been a couple days but I wanna see your car drive outta there before mine!

Comment

• Update!!!

The car is finally in my driveway after some dyno tuning had to be done... it seems the bigger cams were causing some over fueling... Tuesday afternoon an oil change & couple hours on the dyno and i drove it home! No boost and 4500 rpm limiter for now. Pulls pretty hard and wants to go more right before the limiter & it gets loud too. Did the drive home with the girlfriend behind me in the accord giving me space so i could do pulls through the gears it was fun. Still no full throttle applications yet but real soon ill be raising the limiter once i get some more km's on the engine. Only bad thing that happened was the alternator crapped out and cruised home on the optima yellow top it lasted good even with the low beams on, dyed just as i got into the driveway. Getting that replaced as soon as the weather is a bit better. All and all it was an excellent experience with the boys at Ztune and Rob
      at Alec's Automotive. I would suggest them to anyone interested in work being done to their car. I'll snap some snowy pictures tomorrow of the car, crazy snow this x-mas.

Thanks everyone for following and i'll keep this thread alive with more upgrades photos and info on the coming tune and breaking in process.

Merry Christmas... i know mine is! 8)

Comment

• NOW I HATE YOU!!!! Take me for a ride I need to know what a GTR feels like that isnt on fire!

Comment

• heh... so much snow out and plus it wouldnt be that fun since im breaking it in still... just wait till after full tune then ill take you for a ride!

No pics today ill get the snow off her tomorrow and get some pics!

Comment

• Going to be heading into Ztune either tomorrow if they're open or Saturday. Get the alternator replaced with the rebuilt one they have ready for me as well as tune for some minor boost (.5 bar or under) and a bit higher rpm's. Might pickup my own wideband so i can monitor my A/F and give myself piece of mind while driving. Will update as soon as I can.

Damn i gotta get some picks.

Comment

• Finally went and got the alternator replaced everything seems to be running great now... just gotta find out why the rear defrost doesnt work anymore... fuse i suspect. Rev limiter now set @ 6500 rpm after i crossed 500 km's on the trip. The car runs smooth and sounds great all the way up to the limiter. I'll be going in for a 1 bar tune on saturday at the dyno with ztune it should be good i'll post a slip when i get home.

Comment

• y do u need 2 oil drain back ?
                All parts sold are no refund/exchange

Honda tuning is a LifeStyle
                Nissan tuning is to go stupid FAST !

Goals for 2013
                Get the dAmn thing rUnning

Comment

• Most people use the -10an fitting on the back where the frost plug is, these 2 equal around that diameter and made it easier to install the engine cause they dont stick out as far. More drainage is better then not enough IMO.

Comment

• Great to see all the progress! As they say anicipation makes the heart grow fonder

Comment

• The car went back into Ztune for a dyno tune on Saturday up to 1 bar boost but we ended up finding a pinhole coolant leak behind the head so it stayed there over the weekend and is getting repaired today and going over to RG's dyno for a tune. Hopefully all goes well and i can drive her home tonight! Let you all know what happened when i get home.

Comment

• So Ztune waited for 3 hours on Lordco to bring them the proper size coolant hose which screwed up the dyno time for 4pm so today hopefully will be the day, i told them to schedule it for 4pm again so i can make it down there after work to watch some numbers fly. I'll keep you updated! And i'll take some vids of the process.

Comment

• 1 Bar Tuned

Alright! The car received a 1 bar base tune yesterday by Ztune @ RG in Coquitlam on there Mustang Dyno. After the A/F's were sorted out up in the rev's on boost she put down 368whp & 307lbs @ 6300rpm! I'm pretty happy about those numbers, for 1 it was just a base tune we weren't tuning for power, 2 I'll be adding another 0.6 bar with water meth injection next tune, 3 i was told mustang dyno's read a little lower then actual whp. All in all it was awesome I'll post the dyno slip asap. The car wasnt ran up to 7500rpm cause it was trying to leave the rollers gotta take out the AWD fuse next time we tune it, you'll see what i mean on the slip

Stay tuned I also have 2 vids of the dyno screen through the pulls.

Comment

• Slip and link to Vid

Vid #1
                            Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Vid #2
                            Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

15-20% on top of that (from what i hear) & I'm low to mid 400whp range...

Anyone have a brief explanation on why mustang dyno's are less efficient then others when measuring whp?

Comment

• What ecu are you using again?

Comment

• APFC D-Jetro

Comment

Working...
                                X