No announcement yet.

RB26 Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picked up an 11 row oil cooler w/relocation kit... being sent to Ztune today from back east... the only used piece i had to purchase couldnt see myself paying top dollar for the greddy or hks oil cooler kits.

I believe the engine should have been put it yesterday i hope. I might sneak by there after work and check it out, working a bit closer to Van nowadays.

Comment

More pics!

Comment

Awesome man, Ill be at the same stage next week .

Johnny

Comment

Work is being done daily @ Z-tune, Drew is going over everything with a fine tooth comb which is nice, i prefer he takes his time rather then rush the install. They said hopefully firing it up mid to late next week! Quick street tune then break-in... shouldn't be to long before i'll be back for a full tune, then I'll post some numbers and the dyno sheet. Wonder how many horsies i'll be pullin... very exciting!!!

More pics as the build goes along, thanks for following!

Comment

More Pics!

Enjoy I know I am

Comment

Had to purchase some map sensor harness' today. Thought my kit would be different and come with harness guess not. At least I'm not quite at the stage on turn key and tune.

More pics to come!

Comment

Still waiting on the final pieces of my build so i can take it home... map harness' from Braden are taking a bit longer then expected but the car with the stock ECU & mafs has been heat cycled once just a warm up and check for leaks... wasnt running for longer then 5 minutes. Why does the very last stage always take the longest.

Oh well should'a planned ahead and realized the APFC D-Jetro did not come with the wiring...

5 months and counting in the shop...

Thanks for following I will continue to post pictures and dyno slips when its broken in!

Shout out to the boys @ Ztune doing a great job with my build & awesome service as well. I bet they cant wait to get it out of there shop lol

Comment

hahaha only 5 months at their shop...You light weight. Talk to me when you get to the 18 month mark then we can be friends

Comment

hahaha... seriously 18 months in a shop? That's crazy i dont know how you did it man 5 is killing me.

It's almost done

Comment

• You shouldnt have said that. Now you've jinxed it. By the way a GTR is never done..it's always a work in progress

Comment

• nice build Curtis, I laughed when I saw my pulsar in the background... our cars are shop buddies. I also love the work and service at Z-tune, with those cars, first name basis with your mecanic hit faster than boost... I bet you cant wait to drive it again.
                        1991 Nissan Pulsar GTIR with mods

Comment

• Curtis, harness still hasn't arrived. Apex'i was closed today so I will get the tracking number tomorrow!
                          2009 Mercedes C63 AMG. Daily
                          1969 Cooper S. Restored
                          1994 Rover Mini 1460cc, 134whp, 7 port fuel injected w/ITB's, & straight cuts w/ 4.67 gearing

Comment

• yeah i agree that a skyline is and always will be a work in progress and i am already saving on the side for more mods before the final tune... its only another week psh... id do a couple weeks in solitary for that car lol...

Comment

• Another hopefully finished deadline for the project. Tuesday the parts should be there to install and hopefully if everything goes smoothly I'll pick it up that afternoon!

Comment

• The car is being worked on again as of this morning... harness' showed up after a mishap on shipping... be nice to get her back before x-mas!!!

I'll keep everyone updated with info as it comes in, pics as well!

Comment

Working...
                                X