• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CP > Wiseco

TROL

Comment

Originally posted by curtisgoodman View Post
      why the change of heart on the clutch?? Gonna get a new one regardless though... never know i might change my mind and get something with a bit more grip! Thanks for the offer though id just rather go new on the clutch...

No parts have been ordered as of this morning this afternoon is D-Day for parts ordering so if anyone has anything on that list new or used let me know... might go for it save a bit of coin and end up having enough for turbos!!!
      Because Im going to go T04z and I dont think 520tq will cut it.

I might get a nismo twin plate coppermix, or an exedy carbon carbon.

Comment

Small update:

Wiseco pistons purchased 87mm
        Eagle rods purchased
        ACL main and rod bearings purchased

my machinist is waiting for the crank collar, engine gasket kit, and tomei metal gasket kit, tomei poncams type B with type A springs, not sure if i need retainers with that setup, and exhaust guides.

im waiting for ztune to get back to me about all the parts i need and final pricing on them all. Tomorrow ill be going down to ztune to put a deposit on the order and to my machine shop aswell for a deposit... the ball is rolling on the project just gotta wait patiently which sux

Anymore insight would be great on the parts im purchasing and others that would suit my build better!!

Thanks everyone!!

Comment

Rock slide

Damn that rock slide threw a wrench in my gears... cant make it down for deposit on parts

On another note i was curious why everyone talks about not grinding the crank... has there been problems in the past with doing this on the RB26 or is it just an urban legend...

Comment

Can you even get oversized bearings?

you could kill two birds with one stone and get a r33 crank with the wider drive collar.

Thats probably what I should have done.

Johnny

heres a big thread about it

A forum community dedicated to Nissan Skyline GTR owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about performance, mods, troubleshooting, body kits, classifieds, maintenance, and more!

Comment

It turns out that my machinist didn't need to grind the crank which makes me happy after reading that grind thread on gtr.co.uk on how it removes the nitrate coating from the factory. he said it looked like it needed one but once they polished it found that all the little scuffs were just bearing material on the surface and it came out minty

Comment

Is there anyother machine work that can be done to my block/head that will benifit my engine... i've read about the drilling out the holes the oil returns to the pan from a bit bigger but that was for the tomei oversized pan would that benifit my setup? Blocks been bored to 87mm. As for the head i've had a 3 angle valve grind done on all 24 valves and notched the valves, after i get the gasket kit the head will be port matched to the intake and exhaust gaskets as well as polished. Anything else my machinist can improve?

Comment

Your machinest shouldn't be porting or polishing anything on the head. Leave it as-is. A head porter should work on your head, it's too easy to mess stuff up.

You should do your valve guides, oil restrictor to the head, and yes the oil drainback mod. PTD on these boards makes a nice crank collar and does the oil drainback as well.
                  1990 Skyline GT-R - Jet Silver Metallic
                  It'll run someday

Comment

My machinist does great port work. If he widens it to the gasket edges will there be enough room between the port & jackets?

Is PTD a member and where is he located?

Already got the exhaust side of the guides done... there was no wear on the intake side.

Another question about cams... i was going to go with a tomei poncam type B (260 int/ext 9.15 lift) with new tomei type A springs but im wondering about the hks stage 2 cams & springs (272 int/ext 10.2 lift) more lift and duration going to flow a lot better right? Just curious which way i should go... whats the lift and duration of the stock cams?

thanks

Comment

You might want to consider 1mm oversized valves and stainless steel valves, new springs... Would make for boost coming on a bit earlier and better response My buddy did this to his turbo eclipse( t-66 or osmething huge on a 2 litre. On his first build he didn't do this and no cams and he had boost at 4k. Now it's coming on a lot faster at like 3200rpm... He has cams now too but still the 1mm overbore in the valves made a huge diff.

Originally posted by curtisgoodman View Post
                      My machinist does great port work. If he widens it to the gasket edges will there be enough room between the port & jackets?

Is PTD a member and where is he located?

Already got the exhaust side of the guides done... there was no wear on the intake side.

Another question about cams... i was going to go with a tomei poncam type B (260 int/ext 9.15 lift) with new tomei type A springs but im wondering about the hks stage 2 cams & springs (272 int/ext 10.2 lift) more lift and duration going to flow a lot better right? Just curious which way i should go... whats the lift and duration of the stock cams?

thanks

Comment

thanks for the info Kelaog but he's already done the seat 3 angle grind so oversize is outta the question and the valves are in great shape and have been notched and i will be getting valve springs and cams... porting will be done as well but im being told that the jackets are close to the intake and exhaust ports so he has to be careful not to port out to much, just gonna match the tomei gaskets to the head...

new updated list:

tomei metal gasket kit - ordered
                        tomei oil pump - ordered
                        tomei oil pan baffle - ordered
                        greddy adj. cam gears - pending
                        tomei cam kit type B - pending (might go hks more lift and duration)
                        tomei valve springs type A - pending (might go with HKS springs)
                        re-build gasket kit - stock z-tune
                        deatsch 750cc injectors - ordered
                        nismo thermostat - ordered
                        N1 water pump - ordered
                        ATI damper - stock z-tune
                        dual 10" fans - stock z-tune
                        RPS 6 puck clutch - stock z-tune
                        koyo rad - ordered
                        nismo fuel pump - ordered
                        aeromotive adj frp - ordered
                        Garret GT2650-9's - pending (might go with GT2860-5's if i can)
                        apexi downpipe - pending (might go greddy cheaper)
                        new o2 sensor - ordered
                        apexi power FC - pending
                        fidenza 11lb flywheel - pending

thats about it, i will be trying to get an a/m oil cooler but havent found one in my price range yet and looking into different clutch setups...

Comment

Just got a hold of some gt2680r-5's which is good news for the build looking at needing some more supporting mods now.

Comment

So my last decision is choice of cams i was going with the tomei 260 dur 9.15 lift type B poncams but they dont lift much more then stock so i figure ill retain more midrange getting those but to step up to HKS stage 2 @ 272 dur and 10.2 lift ill lose midrange but gain topend... where should i draw the line on cams... losing midrange will affect spool up time but more topend will increase the legs on the gt2860r-5's ive purchased. I need some input from others running the same or similar setups with those turbos.

Comment

go higher lift as you dont require aircare. It will benifit you a lot in the end

Comment

Thanks Eber I will order the HKS cams... will i need retainers with that setup? I'm definately getting the proper valve springs for the lift but is there anything else i'll need?

Besides that now that i'm getting the bigger turbos im probably going to need a/m FMIC, fuel rail, greddy intake... anything im missing for the build for more reliability? I will need some a/m gauges to monitor all the money i dropped into the car... i have a dual a-pillar gauge pod now just need gauges!

Comment

Working...
                                X