No announcement yet.

Frankiman's street/track GTR project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• did you beat the Porsche? but yeah your car is beeeaastt....

Comment

• good job !

865 whp RB32 , R32 GTR , THE LUCKY GTR *SUMMER DRAG BEAST*
      2013 Rams Laramie LongHorn 3500 Crew cab *Daily Driver*

Comment

• of course i spanked the GT3, so did 6 other people
        sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

• I thought you were going to say you fliped it!
          Nice pics!
          03 lancer dead
          68 gmc w/355 cid rice killer
          05 chevy silverado L33
          2010 crv Wife's ride
          1987 Harley Softail custom

Comment

• Pic with flame looks wicked.
            Must have been sick.

Comment

• more pics here
              sigpic

Comment

• ill just drop this here.. for the people who have seen it on FB, this is the edited version

+ bonus

classic 3 foot backfire

sigpic

Comment

• did you manage well to keep up with that GT3 RS?

edit: nvm, saw the last page. lol
                  Last edited by Salar; 07-14-2012, 03:48 AM.
                  1992 Nissan Skyline GTS-T

Comment

• Chapter ## Before Skymeet 2012
                    quick recap of 2011 and 2012 activities since last chapter, 1/5

i've been too busy and lazy lately to continue my updates

but in the midst of the 2012 Skymeet, i've decided to do a little recap

this is pretty much what i've done day-to-day on my facebook page, highlights of what i do with a little description

the point of this is to make sure people know at which stage the car is at, if they want to ask questions and such
                    since last year i got there with a whole bunch of new stuff that i hadn't covered

so after i got the car detailed, i went for an alignment directly at a Nissan dealership, thinking they'd know this car, but no, they just messed it all up.. had to get it redone by another shop

then designed a custom catch can, but when i learned how much it would cost, i decided to modify my current Cusco can to fit my new system

which eventually looked like this

i got around to fit brake cooling ducts/deflectors

since they are made to fit onto SPL tension rods, a bit of custom bracketing was needed

i also got more carbon fiber by mail

a set of bnr32 specific canards (i was the first one in canada to order/use these by the way)

and vortex generators for the TS diffuser

decided to roll the front fenders to make sure the 265s would fit perfectly

to make even more room, i cut a 1" large section of the inner fender to be able to keep it in place still, and pulled the fenders out by about 1/8"

then i troubleshooted by heavy steering feel, well... fml

a quick look of how the front underside looked at that point

then went for a time attack event
                    started the day with a 1;06;xx on low boost
                    then upped the boost and did a 1;05;xx on the following session
                    after that it dropped to 1;03;xx
                    and ended with a best of 1;02;171
                    which got me 3rd place in Street AWD class

the very next day i went back to the same track for weekly lapping night, and had a "situation"

it turned out 1 injector exploded, and an IC piping blew off

later, i did an oil change after the standard 5000km mark and sent some oil samples to Hewitt labs for tests
                    which came back pretty remarkable for such an old engine

and since time was very limited, i got my 550cc injectors rebuilt, but of course the 1 couldn't be saved,
                    could source a similar injector locally, so i ordered through RHDjapan which had them on back order for 3 weeks,
                    i had to move fast so i bought some Sard 720cc from a guy in BC
                    received them late, on the actual day of my dyno session

luckily, my tuner (Almasi) agreed to tune me on a holiday monday, but since i was going from 550cc injectors to 720cc i couldn't drive the car, had to get it towed again

got a good 415whp with a slightly better boost curve than the last dyno tune

then, just to see how much power my very old steel HKS Legal cat-back was holding back, i disconnected it just 1 run,
                    gained 20whp !

another one of my "most comprehensible" dyno charts, that was 2011 keep in mind

continued in part 2/5
                    sigpic

Comment

quick recap of 2011 and 2012 activities since last chapter, 2/5

after that, i got inspired by GTS-S oem inner fenders which have flaps to let hot air from the intercooler get out of the fender

then i got into an accident during the huge Ultraride rally (400+ cars)
                      some random dude came out of a corner 4 wheel drifting (in the wet) a 2009 civic slamming directly into the front of a participating cars, a grey ep civic, which backed into another 2009 civic, which backep into an MK5 GTI which backep into me,
                      i got lucky though, could have been much worst, crash led to 2 totalled cars, 1 that needed heavy repairs and the GTI just a fender and a door, no casualties i think

hmm i forgot about skymeet 2011..

4 cars left together from Montreal

picked up Trickey and DarkCaporal in Brockville

riding with style...

i was voted best R32-GTR by attendees (thanks again guys!!!)

hit up some warp speed on the way back

the whole ride (1250km) was a total bug genocide

the next morning my car looked like a total dump

and i got my personnal GTRC sticker thanks to Chris !

i was also able to practice my photog skills and snapped a couple of epic frames

i also got the car into my first ever car show

and got Best RHD

and with all my photog friends.. well i got some very nice pictures of the car throughout all the 2011 season

END OF 2011 quick quick recap

onto 2012.... in part 3/5
                      sigpic

Comment

quick recap of 2011 and 2012 activities since last chapter, 3/5

onto 2012...

i bought a "new old" Veilside stainless 3" catback with 4" tip, for cheap

then spent a couple hours, days, over winter cleaning it up

sourced a replacement gasket

installed the new cat-back, the design itself is clearly better

got some new sweet parts from japan

got the new Cusco large swaybar installed too

fabbed up a custom frame brace (in line with the firewall)

tired of the look, i used my artistic perception, and got the diffuser pods partially wrapped in white 3M vynil to match the body lines

and did the same with the canards, got only the vertical section wrapped, to hide them

then i worked about 25 hours fabricating my flat underside, out of aluminum

made 14 alu hanging brackets to hold it

and... done

then made a very ghetto NACA duct out of cartboard and short strand fiber glass, this is to get air to the rear diff

installed the frame brace after paint

got some new brakes to endure even more track action;
                        BNCR33 4000 series DBA rotors and PMU HC+ pads

then i had to get the 720cc injectors rebuilt because of jamming issues

then found i had a BOV fitting broken, for god only knows how long ?!

painted the fuel rail while i was at it

then proceeded to be the first in north america to installed Spoon subframe collars

did it all on my own which took about 5 hours (just did the front)

installed my new progressive shift light

went back on the dyno, with the rebuilt injectors and new better flowing exhaust

and got an oustanding 445whp at the same boost lvls as last year, so 30whp more !!!!

and took about an hour to setup the shift light (it doesn't like 6cyl engines lol)

continued in part 4/5
                        sigpic

Comment

• Yeah those are some crazy pictures. Awesomeness
                          Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

quick recap of 2011 and 2012 activities since last chapter, 4/4

then following Rabbit's advice, i painted my aging headlights

went back for another 2 hour alignment at the same place i had it "redone" after Nissan ****** it up in 2011
                            its the secret to good tire wear (i bet i get better mileage out of my Star Specs than anyone else here)

got the car through its yearly detailling action by Cobraa

embelished my wall of stickers

ghetto fixed my front bumper with RIVETS !!!

added some custom braces to my front lip and the ABf diffuser to spread the load, epoxy and RIVETS

and finally got my side skirt properly glue on after 2 years..

replaced my broken front bumper intake, which a generic item fron Daryl, which needs to be glued on, hence the kilo of tape

swapped most of the lighting to LED

current engine bay : (looking to swap the brake fluid cover to a black one)

i keep on daily driving the car, to school, to my cottage and to alot of meets..

attended a track day a couple weeks ago with some buddies

wooped some GT3RS arse, and got some nice shots of my signature backfires

was a nice day overall, but the GTR feels soooo heavy on a go-kart sized track, G-sensor shows it

continued in part 5/5...
                            sigpic

Comment

quick recap of 2011 and 2012 activities since last chapter, 4/5

recently i broke (cracked) the whole front of the ABf diffuser on a huge bump
                              my buddy even tore his gtr lip off on the same bump

it hit so hard, it bent some of the brackets holding the diffuser

but anyway, its still solidly in place, so i made temporary skid plates to make it last a little longer

did a little surgery on my BOV, changed both fittings since the HKS ones kept breaking

i weighed the car with the spare, a full tank of gas, and some scrap in the car (no more than 5lbs of it)
                              she's heavy

just a couple days ago, i tore off a tire at the track
                              it was my former front left tire which had alot of camber wear that now had rear left duty
                              but on that day, i was at the track from noon to be the camera car for a drift video and had the whole track (rented) for myself most of the time so i did alot of free laps of different configurations
                              later i stayed for the weekly lapping night, and tore the tire off on my cooldown lap of my "last" session on the slowest corner on the track
                              chipped a very small amount of paint of the rim, but no biggy
                              overall, i had done over 70 laps of the track throughout the day... ouch

changed the rim in the center of the track (took an hour) and i was able to get home with a buddy's wheel

thanks to TireRack i had my replacement tire withing 48 hours

inspected my brakes for serious, SERIOUS heat

and got some nice shots of my backfires from this monday's lapping night

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

now thats pretty much up to date.... ready for this Saturday's Skymeet !!!!!

thanks for looking, again
                              sigpic

Comment

• where and how much for the personal stickers??
                                1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

Working...
                                X