No announcement yet.

Frankiman's street/track GTR project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS3's in 285/35/18 are a very good deal IMO.
    97' R33 GT-R Vspec
    Sonic Silver

www.arnejatrading.com

Comment

• WOW cant keep up but from what I have read so far its looking good

Comment

• What happened to your Book, il fly out to montreal for that thing if i have too

Great Build Franki
        Its not just a car, Its a Life style
        O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

• if i were to make the book, i'd need alot of interest for it, and money to back-up that interest, cuz its not gonna take me 20 hours to transform the thread into an awesome book format, it may take me over 100hours
          sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

• It be Cool i think if we can make a kinda GTR encycopedia. how to set the car up for certain events, step by step guides and such. pritty sure we would get enought people
            Its not just a car, Its a Life style
            O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

• thread revival like a boss

from last monday..

sigpic

Comment

• Very nice! Definitely an epic revival. Thank you sir.

Skygrl
                CUTE CUTE

Comment

• ooooffff thats that ass that makes you want to leave your car.
                  Real Skyline owners have lost at least one to a freakish accident (*- ω -) = #dungive'a

Comment

• What do you think the chances are you have upgraded rods and pistons? Just wondering considering the car already had upgraded camshafts and turbos..

For the amount of track work you do this rb has treated you very, very well (imo). Especially with an impressive dyno number. I've seen plenty of stock seemingly healthy rb26s bite the dust at much lower power numbers than what you are making, could come down to the tune, but even then, the rb26 doesn't have the best track record reliability wise here in Canada. Although I'm sure that does have something to do with people not really treating them with respect and bringing over not-so-clean (read: scrapyard worthy) examples. I was very hesitant to purchase a gtr for several years, but so far mine has been nothing but a pleasure.

Trying to decide the cars future, whether I should buy a pair of 2860s and try to hit ~400awhp on a stock bottom end, or save myself the headache and build it first. Your car gives me the motivation to do it on the stock engine, assuming yours is actually stock.

Regardless, I absolutely adore your car, your attention to detail, and how you have been writing this thread. Keep up the good work!
                    Last edited by quadracer111; 10-21-2012, 02:33 PM.
                    BNR32- Sold
                    1998 Evolution V

Comment

• i'm not sure if the bottom end is built, but upon inspection i've seen sealant around the oil pan that doesn't look oem-ish
                      the car might have been built or refreshed,
                      but in any situation, almost all the mods that were on the car when i purchased it were from the late 90s (coilovers, turbos, cams, boost controller, etc) so if any work was done to the engine it must have been around that time
                      sigpic

Comment

• Can you get your hands on a borescope? Next time you're doing an oil change stick it up the drain hole and see what's what.

Comment

• I cant believe youre about to crack 100 pages franc...quite the feat!
                          Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

• Originally posted by bobbo View Post
                            Can you get your hands on a borescope? Next time you're doing an oil change stick it up the drain hole and see what's what.
                            already tried by the spark plug hole to see if the pistons were stock.... couldn't see anything
                            sigpic

Comment

• Hey F, what series of tire is seen here? Also offset?

Thanks.
                              Last edited by quadracer111; 10-22-2012, 12:29 AM.
                              BNR32- Sold
                              1998 Evolution V

Comment

• these are the dunlop start specs that i've had on the car for the last 2 summers
                                they are 265/40/17 with a final offset of +13
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X