No announcement yet.

C-unit's NuB GTR project o0o!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is porsche cayenne S caliper front and rear with brembo 2pcs rotors.

I did a GB on it for R32 awhile ago.
    Biggest selection of Skyline CarbonFiber & FRP Aero in Canada. PM me.

Comment

• u mother ******* a Sard STACK!! And the one that reads to 10!! that was gonna be my next purchase haha, i love your brake setup!!!!! Great Collection of PARTS!!! LOVE THIS BUILD THREAD!!!
      Last edited by greddytrustGTR; 11-04-2010, 01:09 PM.
      Check out my RB30 build at
      http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gt-r-pro...b30-build.html

Comment

• yea..it was sick! I got a good deal on it too! The guy who sold it to me bought it and never use it. Sold it to me for a gd deal since no one is in a market for it...lol

Comment

• lets get our cars done soooon....so we can cruise !!
          All parts sold are no refund/exchange

Honda tuning is a LifeStyle
          Nissan tuning is to go stupid FAST !

Goals for 2013
          Get the dAmn thing rUnning

Comment

• Update for the exhaust:

- OEM headers with 2.5" mild steel extension
            - 2.5" SUS304 Y-pipe with Flex
            - 80mm Blitz Spec NUR catback with Apexi ECV

All meterials are from Vibrant beside the straight section.

Everything is just tacked and will be tig welded on monday.

Yea..the Cat back is not NEW like everything else but w/e...It's in really good condition and I am trying to save some money.

I have use some mandrel bend mild steel tubing to extend the headers abit.

Also couple bends to clear the fuel/brake lines and the steering shaft.

*Headers will be wrap with titanium heat wraps after I have it all welded up.

I have the Y-pipe made to accommodate OEM cat back location so when I want to upgarde in the future, I can just get a new cat back.

Lastly, all fab works are done by Chris @ fortress fabrication. I am just the guy who is running around doing all the bitch work to help out.

Comment

• It's christmas time and I hate working on cars..but still manage do finish some stuff before I can go on holiday.

Engine was pulled for the one last time to do the following:
              - weld the headers
              - install clutch
              - redo brake/clutch lines
              - shifter bracket

Picture time:
              Diff is done after waiting for the pinion seal for 3 weeks.

Filling diff fluid.

Leveling it.

Firewall:
              I got some silver heat reflective tape and start taping it up. They don't stretch so I did it will couple large piece and cover the gaps with smaller strips. Turns out better than I thought.

Headers are welded:
              2.5" mild steel mated with stock headers.

Titanium exhaust wrap:

Got the Y pipe back from tig welding:
              2.5" SUS304 + SS flex

I also waited 3 weeks for the pilot bushing:

Extended steering shaft make out of 2 steering shafts.

Painted

Reveal of the Aluminum engine mount:

They weight nothing.

Merry christmas to everyone!!!

Comment

• lovin the progress! Wish I had that kinda money lol..

Just curious was your fd on revscene for a while?
                gtr garage queen...anybody seen my wallet?

Comment

• Just went through this entire thread.. VERY impressive!!
                  Amazing attention to detail and a true inspiration, Keep it going!!
                  BTW IPm'd you.
                  -George
                  91 300ZX 2+0
                  Built RB25 in works, 2 year project hopefully completing this Spring!!
                  Ttop to slicktop convertion/slammed and shaved everything/10 point cage/ Fully built RB25/Comp t68tbb/twin tial gates..ect ect

Comment

• EPic charles... just epic...
                    The SkyLife Community & News Website --> http://www.skylife4ever.com

Comment

• Charles
                      Just read through your build pages front to back. Noticed you said early on that you want to replicate the ATTKD aero setup.

Thought this might interest you (splitters). They are pretty close to the ATTKD setup and are quite funcitonal.
                      The diffuser under the bumper is frp (2 pieces) with aluminum covers near the bumper corners to keep it from shredding on the track. The splitters are full CF.

Comment

• ^ oh god...i just bought some canards and under body flat panel. I wish you part the silvia earlier!!!

I have the custom aluminum intake and aluminum coolant pipe done!! Can't wait to get it back from the welder..

shitty cellphone teaser shot (anyone wanna sponsor me an iphone4?):

Comment

• Looks good.

text me info on your aluminum welder's rates. I'm starting your engine cover this week.

Comment

• mm..don't have a rate. He's like friend of a friend. I don't even know how much it cost until I pick it up.

cool stuff is happening. thanks M13!

Comment

• Awesome project.

Comment

• Keep up the great work! I am watching and learning

Comment

Working...
                                X