No announcement yet.

Caliber's R32 GTR Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small update, been waiting for backordered parts and they're still a few weeks away!

Installed the aluminum steering dampener that I had my friend machine, I got another one laying around if anyone wants to pick it up, $20 bucks is what I paid.

Got the rotor all cleaned up, should be test fitting the wheels pretty quick for tire sizing and if I need spacers, got the SSR hub centric rings couple days ago

Front suspension in minus coilovers, now I gotta make the custom brake lines and still waiting on the steel braided flex lines.

And the front subframe in with steering rack. I have to say I'm going to be rather disappointed if my car doesn't respond to everything in the road seeing though I have pretty much solid bushings except for maybe 3 spots lol.
    “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

• Originally posted by caliber676 View Post
      Small update, been waiting for backordered parts and they're still a few weeks away!

Installed the aluminum steering dampener that I had my friend machine, I got another one laying around if anyone wants to pick it up, $20 bucks is what I paid.

Got the rotor all cleaned up, should be test fitting the wheels pretty quick for tire sizing and if I need spacers, got the SSR hub centric rings couple days ago

Front suspension in minus coilovers, now I gotta make the custom brake lines and still waiting on the steel braided flex lines.

And the front subframe in with steering rack. I have to say I'm going to be rather disappointed if my car doesn't respond to everything in the road seeing though I have pretty much solid bushings except for maybe 3 spots lol.
      If i run into you some time id like to grab the spare steering bushing! great project btw you have the patience to do everything i dont
      1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

• Originally posted by gtrjon View Post
        If i run into you some time id like to grab the spare steering bushing! great project btw you have the patience to do everything i dont
        Yeah for sure just give me a pm and we can set something up I'm sure!
        “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

• Test fit the rear wheels.

From afar. Too much camber for me.

So without that camber I'm gonna be sticking out the wheel at least an inch or two.... So guess my options are a decent fender pull or fender flares. Opinions on them anyone?
          I have fallen in love for the flares on this car below, something similar on mine I am contemplating...

Comment

• SSR professors!? You ******* feind! So jealous it's not even funny. Can't watch anymore posts of yours, they're tearing me apart.
            1992 BNR32 SKYLINE GTR

Comment

• Got the cusco swaybars finally. Naturally they couldn't stay blue

That's a better colour

And the front in, boring stuff hopefully more to come when the fuel system gets here

Comment

• Wicked updates man, good taste in wheels 2. Proper build
                Traction is optional, so are zipties

92 Gtst/Silver bullet

Comment

• How are you spraying all of this stuff? Looks top shelf!
                  Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

• The bigger parts are sprayed with a sharpe finex pro gun with a 1.4mm tip and 3m pps system in a corner of my garage that I cleaned and cornered off with plastic sheet. The smaller items are spray bombed with engine enamel. Prepped properly as you would any painting surface you'll get pretty much the same durability with almost the same results

Comment

• Je$u$! Mine is clean but nothing like that and I die a little inside if the roads are wet. Is this gonna be a garage/trailer queen?
                      Stunning build. Keep up the excellent work!

Comment

• Originally posted by bobbo View Post
                        Is this gonna be a garage/trailer queen?!
                        I'm actually planning on making it an abstract dinner plate to eat off of.
                        Nah, but I plan to drive it on weekends after I try and put it in a few show n shines and maybe a show if its even able to get into one.

Comment

I'm actually planning on making it an abstract dinner plate to eat off of.
                          Nah, but I plan to drive it on weekends after I try and put it in a few show n shines and maybe a show if its even able to get into one.
                          Effin awesome!
                          I dont know about your neck of the woods but my dad loves to "park" his car and although it's not really my thing I'll join him at a show from time to time. Its good bonding.
                          Most organizers are happy to except our unusual cars especially if they are good, clean representations. You might be surprised how many old school hot rodders know what they are. Mostly because their 12 yr old has 2 of them on his Playstation.
                          Best of luck with your incredible build!

Comment

• Thanks man!

Comment

I have fallen in love for the flares on this car below, something similar on mine I am contemplating...
                              Any other pics of this one?
                              Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

• I believe this is the same car

Comment

Working...
                                X