No announcement yet.

Caliber's R32 GTR Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^ you must be mistaken, the hardlines pictures above are for fuel not the brakes. You are correct though, you shouldn't be using anything but the approved double walled tubing for brake lines with the approved ISO/ bubble flares

Imagine using though -8an lines for brakes lol
    Last edited by caliber676; 02-07-2014, 12:07 AM.
    “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

• So a small update, seems to be what they are now.

I had to scrap the hardlines between the pump and surge tank, couldn't make it fit whichever way I made it. So some flex lines later and it fits perfect and looks decent IMO,

Also finally bought a project whifbitz twin scroll manifold , downpipe, and mid pipe after saving for a while. I chose this manifold as it's the only one that has the option of recirculating the wastegates back into the exhaust. Anyways owner said its a three week wait to make, here's what I can look at in the time being
      Last edited by caliber676; 02-12-2014, 03:30 AM.
      “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

• Yeah thats a pretty small area to work with for hard lines. Gold AN fittings look good!

Comment

• Holy $hit that set up looks great! Both the surge tank/pump and turbo plumbing.

Comment

• So I got all the carbon kevlar supplies to start overlaying things so let's hope it goes well. Here's the kevlar fabric, it's the closest I could find to the bride kevlar seat pattern. I'm expecting it'll darken up with the epoxy resin.

And about half way through the partial wire tuck, adding some remote jump posts in the engine, used some Audi parts as everything aftermarket looked like junk. It'll make jumping and charging much easier. The insulated positive box and there's the negative post by the strut tower bolt, placement is to be decided

Comment

• Where did you pick up your surge tank from? I was planning to go with a Radium Engineering one but they don't make exactly what I want so I'm looking into other options

Comment

• Sick build.

Where'd you get the battery relocation tray? And what did you coat it with?
                1991 240sx - rb26dett

Comment

• Originally posted by sb119 View Post
                  Where did you pick up your surge tank from? I was planning to go with a Radium Engineering one but they don't make exactly what I want so I'm looking into other options
                  I got it off a member here but it's from a company called demon. Search demon surge tank and there should be some on their website and ebay. I like the radium ones but they are more based around twin Bosch pumps.

Comment

• Originally posted by tman7878 View Post
                    Sick build.

Where'd you get the battery relocation tray? And what did you coat it with?
                    The battery holder is from some off-road company, ballistic fabrication I believe, made specifically for the optima battery, it came unpainted but I covered it in that wrinkle effect paint.

Comment

• I love your trunk plate!!!

Comment

• Just a teaser of the carbon kevlar endeavour. The interior trim is to come. Mass ordering parts so they should be pouring in in the next few weeks hopefully to kick it into high gear.

Comment

• That looks awesome! I really need to start mass ordering my parts..

Comment

• Really cool build dude, are there any updates? Keen to see the rims if you've managed to get them on?

Comment

• Yeah there are a lot of updates but I haven't had time to write it all down. Been test fitting the engine, plumbing new oil, vacuum and fuel lines to get it all sorted out before final assembly as well as all the wiring for the car. The wheels haven't been put on, leaving that until last so I don't develop flat spots on the tires. I'll try to update this week. Thanks for the interest!

Comment

• Wow, what a build!
                                Full-Race sponsored GTR. Anything else is half fast!

Full-Race.com

Comment

Working...
                                X