No announcement yet.

Caliber's R32 GTR Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice tank! hehe. Can't wait to see how this all goes together.
    Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
    Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
    Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
    Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
    Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
    White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
    lol

Comment

• ^ yeah it's perfect for what I'm planning.... But what I'm planning is going to be a lot of hours in and a lot of fab work in a tight space.

Speaking of hours, I spent a few hours gruellingly heating and bending the Fiberglass mud guards to fit right. I got some inspiration from this picture a while back and always liked the look.

And after paint! and that is the end of my exterior trim pieces!!!! Woo now onto interesting things.

“Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

• Been a while since I updated. Heres what I've been up to lately.

Finally got my front wheels, 18x9.5 et+18 unfortunately they don't clear the brakes and need a spacer so nismo extended lugs and spacers are on order.

the difference between front and rear

and then got my battery relocation parts, mounted the circuit breaker and some different lengths/thicknesses of gunmetal Kicker wire.

some polyurethane swaybar endlink bushings

and recovered the headlights with a plastidip film

then i got around to making the base plate for the battery relocation and the soon to be fuel system, i didn't want my trunk scattered with fuel parts and such so i tucked it up against the firewall. So i started with some scrap cardboard to get the shape.

then i remade it in foam board to get a more exact shape and fit.

and then rough cut and welded with some 16 gauge steel.

then grinded down and smoothed for a test fit, like a glove.

and then for a completely aesthetic touch to hold it down, some aerocatch locks.

thats where I'm at now. The entire base plate will be covered with carbon fibre or carbon kevlar (havent decided) and if all goes well making it, ill lay more on the interior trim pieces. I still have get the pump, filters, line and fittings before fully assembling the base plate but its taking shape slowly.

Picked up a OS Giken R3C clutch from a member here, and waiting on the spacers to test fit the front wheels. Then to get the thing on the ground and start compiling parts for the engine so i can get it to the machine shop.

more to come hopefully in the following weeks.
        “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

• I really like that plate in the trunk for battery and fuel. So clean and tidy, and you'll have lots of space left over.
          Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

• Where are you gonna run the earth for your relocated battery?

Comment

• Either straight down to the body or on one of the strut tower bolts or maybe around it. I'll have to play around a see what gets the best ground.

Comment

• Installed the nismo extended hub bolts and picked up my holding monsters, Gias II's in kevlar

Planning on doing the interior trim and trunk platform in kevlar too.

Also picking up my clutch tomorrow!

Comment

• Originally posted by caliber676 View Post
                  Either straight down to the body or on one of the strut tower bolts or maybe around it. I'll have to play around a see what gets the best ground.
                  Im in need of getting mine done too. I was thinking of running it to the strut tower and see if i can remove one of the bungs that bolts the rear reo on and put another earth on there?

Comment

• Originally posted by markdett View Post
                    Im in need of getting mine done too. I was thinking of running it to the strut tower and see if i can remove one of the bungs that bolts the rear reo on and put another earth on there?
                    If your not too concerned about drilling through the body, you can easily put remote battery posts anywhere you want for ease of access if its in a box or tucked away. Realistically one good battery ground will suffice but having extras isn't bad. Keeping or beefing up your existing engine grounds is good though, that where the 4gauge wire I got comes in

Comment

• Got my Os Giken R3C clutch, looking good.

Comment

• So I haven't updated in a while. Just a couple things to update.

Test fitted the front wheels

Picked up a cusco safety 21, don't plan on doing anything serious with my car as i would be destroyed if it was crashed but the fanboy in me couldn't resist, so I chose the bolt in.

Needed a new paint job, so it got sand blasted then painted. Black again, nothing too flashy. I felt the cage was lacking some sort of harness fastening so I picked up a set of cusco bar ends, and the bride LR rails for the seats.

Got the piping and cut it to size with some test fitting

Welded it all up and this is the result.

Fuel system is on the way, I really hope I meet my deadline of summer 2014 for this thing to be on the road.

Comment

• Looks great! I love the seats! I wanted the same ones but couldn't find rails unless I wanted to pay another $700 for a pair.
                          What are you using for rails?

Comment

• Using the bride LR rails. Little pricey but what isn't on these things

Comment

• The bride low max rails are $240 each, $50 shipping.
                              No build thread.
                              1991 nissan
                              El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Comment

• Lovely project you got there mate I wish I could do the same to mine as in bodywork refresh.
                                Supertec Racing

Comment

Working...
                                X