No announcement yet.

My New R33 GTR - so it begins...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know the feeling friend. 4th summer for me with a car in pieces! I lost a newly built engine last time tho.

Who built your engine and set your tension? It's odd there's some skipped teeth GTRs around lately.

What's your plan? Part out and get a faster mustang for less money and warranty?
    Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
    Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
    Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
    Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
    Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
    White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
    lol

Comment

• I did it with some help from a mechanic friend. Gonna see the extent of the damage and try to rebuild! If just valves won't be too bad.

Comment

• Tension setting of the cambelt is very critical , especially on an engine where the cams spin up to 4000 rpm or beyond . Pull the head , hopefully its a valve slightly kissing a piston or depending on your camshafts another valve , they will bend easily preventing them seating correctly losing all the compression . Pray you do not have cracked piston crown . valves are easy to fix .

Also check the valves guides to make sure they are not cracked , they are brittle and tend to crack around the bottom if the valve gets sideways stress like this .

Comment

• Thanks for the tips Paul, fingers crossed!

Comment

• So yah, bent intake valves...

At least the pistons look OK, no damage I can see.

Comment

• Very nice build so far! Sorry about the valves :/

Comment

• Sorry to see the setback. Just curious, did you deviate from the FSM procedure for setting the tensioner in any way?

Comment

• I probably did, can't remember.

Comment

Working...
                  X