My New R33 GTR - so it begins...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My New R33 GTR - so it begins...

Well, my GTR finally arrived a couple of weeks ago after a long and agonizing wait. It was absolutley filthy when it first arrived

But with a wash, a few clay bars and elbow grease, followed by wax, she was looking pretty good....

Time to do a bit of work on the interior, the hand brake boot and shifter were well worn...

So I installed new ones from TopGaiters in the UK - $30 shipped! Big improvement.

And time to fix up that nasty drivers side pull/window switch panel, scratched and wrinkly and soft like solvent had been put on it, kept putting black marks on my pants...

So I pullled it out and cleaned it off and painted it satin black, Krylon plastic paint, much better!

Gonna do the shift surround and center stack as well, winter project.

Comment

Time to start cleaning up that nasty engine bay....

Whattya know! It's white under there!

Spray Nine and Mr. Clean Magic Eraser ftw!
      Also did my brakes today...AMS brake goodness from Vuk!

Sweet 2-piece fronts...also from Vuk @ AMS

Comment

Anybody heard of Racing Gear? From Tokico?

Got some bodywork to do on the front lip and bumper, they damn near ripped it off the car loading it onto the boat :-( - another winter project.

Did the timing belt, tensioners and water pump, found a new oil pump, looks OEM. Gonna go slow for the first year, maybe try to get some Z32 MAF's and A'Pexi intake to replace the mushrooms o' death. Minor fixup stuff over the winter, probably start more serious stuff next year, I just want to enjoy it for now!

Comment

When you put your foot down, does your face go " "

Comment

Def nice car but this isn't really a build
            RB25 Powered RWD GT-R

Owner for Turtle Garage Hicas Delete Systems

Comment

Originally posted by DreadedFist View Post
              When you put your foot down, does your face go " "
              Oh yeah.

Originally posted by ryano1515
              Def nice car but this isn't really a build
              Not yet, I just got the thing!

Comment

Looking Sharp.
                1995 R33 GTR Vspec - Sold
                2004 Dodge SRT-4 Stage 3R - Sold
                2013 Subaru WRX STI - Where is the power? - Daily

Comment

Ah it's nice to see that members here are starting to pick up GTR33's

Comment

Looks awesome so far. Bought the same shifter and e-brake boots for my R33 GTR, such a cheap and easy upgrade made the interior sooo much better.

I like what you did with your door panel piece, think i'll do the same thing.. mine might be in worse shape than yours was originally.

Very tempted to get that brake setup as well... need brake pads to pass inspection, thinking I may as well just get rotors too. Any issues with install?

Comment

Originally posted by imbored66 View Post
                      Looks awesome so far. Bought the same shifter and e-brake boots for my R33 GTR, such a cheap and easy upgrade made the interior sooo much better.

I like what you did with your door panel piece, think i'll do the same thing.. mine might be in worse shape than yours was originally.

Very tempted to get that brake setup as well... need brake pads to pass inspection, thinking I may as well just get rotors too. Any issues with install?
                      Have a can of PB Blaster and a 5lb maul ready to beat the old rotors off! That was about the only issue. Otherwise the brakes are really easy to work on. Vuk is really good to deal with, and good pricing. Brakes work very well. Damn near relocates my spleen when I stand on the brakes now.

Comment

Looks good, i am hoping to start my build thread soon. Yay for more white r33 gtrs. Btw, what was the cost for the front and rear rotors. You can Pm me if you don't want to say here.

R33 Skyline GTR VSPEC (White)
                        R32 Skyline GTS-T (Ztune Silver) - Sold

Comment

nice car, met you in person at may 1st 780 meet. im the one with the black r33 gtst

Comment

Jealous I am.
                            03 lancer dead
                            68 gmc w/355 cid rice killer
                            05 chevy silverado L33
                            2010 crv Wife's ride
                            1987 Harley Softail custom

Comment

Took the boost restriction orifice out and installed a Hallman manual boost controller, set at a nice 0.9bar now, don't wanna blow the turbos just yet, it went up to a consistent 1.0 when I took it for a spin after removing the orifice...also installed a stereo and cleaned up a lot of useless crap (old alarm system) from within the dash - pics in the General Skyline Discussion section. I love this thing! Never thought I could have so much fun in a car with my clothes on!

Comment

Working...
                              X