My New R33 GTR - so it begins...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unless its burned out, it will come on
    -= ECU UPGRADES =- -= LOCKOUT BARS =- -= AERO =- -= SEATS =- -= ACCESSORIES =-

-= PM ME FOR INFO =-

Comment

So started on my first winter work, CF wrapping the dash, got a sheet of CF vinyl from Carbon Fiber Gear. First was to get the crappy rubber junk off - goo-gone and a scotch brite pad got it off...

Made sure it was nice and clean and started the wrap.

About 1.5-2 hrs of work and it is done!

The stuff is very forgiving, a little tricky in some areas but considering it was the first time it turned out pretty good I think. Gotta do the shift surround and a few other bits now!
      Last edited by ColinR33; 11-11-2010, 01:35 AM.

Comment

Coming along quite nicely.

Regarding RG. They are well known in Japan. Mostly involved with circuit sports these days. Offering suspension, lightweight flywheels, brakes & rotors etc.

The RG "Tokiko" branded suspension would have been entry level through them back in the day, perhaps equal damper strength as basic Nismo S-Tunes. Must be comfortable no?

They do have some real nice coilovers these days. Perhaps the lightest on the market being shelled out of aluminum. Flag being JGTC N1 Dampers. Image below.

URL: www.racinggear.co.jp

Vehicle Sourcing - You Tube Videos - Facebook Group
        For Parts Inquiries, Please Post Here

Comment

Hey just out of curiosity but when you remove the light from the cluster did anyone have any problems? When I did it the first time I took the bulb out and then it felt like my power steering was gone. I put it back in and everything was fine again. All I did Is went into the trunk and snipped the wire for hicas. It was alot faster then taking the dash apart and my hicks light has never come back on. And if I ever wanted to I could just solder the wires back together and it would be good as new.
          Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

I haven't taken the light out yet, but when I do I'll let you know if I have any problems. Adam, thanks for the RG info. The setup is actually pretty stiff, especially for Edmontons crappy roads! Might need a kidney belt.

Comment

So finished off the shifter surround and started to reassemble:

Comment

That looks really good!!! Tho, curious... is that just raw CF matting? How does it stick on and is it a rough surface or do you need to spray a resin over the top to make it more durable preventing any separation or snags down the road?
                ALLEN PETERSEN
                Number (604) 961-2449
                4XTOYS/ Lower Mainland Skyline Service and aftermarket RB parts.
                RB30`s for sale!

Comment

LOOKING SEXY! i love R33's only the best car out there...

subscribed.

Amy
                  CUTE CUTE

Comment

Originally posted by jdms13rhd View Post
                    That looks really good!!! Tho, curious... is that just raw CF matting? How does it stick on and is it a rough surface or do you need to spray a resin over the top to make it more durable preventing any separation or snags down the road?
                    It's actually 3M Di-Noc Carbon Fibre Film, it's a self adhesive film, I just made sure the whole surface was lightly scuffed. No additional coating needed. You can feel the "weave", but it's not real CF. Figured this would be easier (and a lot cheaper if I f'd it up).

Originally posted by SkyGrl View Post
                    LOOKING SEXY! i love R33's only the best car out there...

Amy
                    Thanks!
                    Last edited by ColinR33; 11-11-2010, 11:47 PM.

Comment

awe man not real carbon you cheaped out lol jk looks awesome take pics when its back in the car whats next on the list?
                      Check out Top Tier Imports. Sign up today! http://www.toptierimports.com
                      http://www.youtube.com/user/TopTierImports?feature=mhee

Comment

Sandblast and powdercoat the intake plenum, cam covers and coilpack cover, crinkle finish matt black I think, refinish the brake calipers too, and finish repairing my bumper. Then some real work, nothing major yet tho.

Comment

I love it! Nice work!

My cars:
                          1996 BCNR33 GT-R
                          1992 FD3S RX-7 Type-S

Comment

Lets see the CF installed!!

I was debating doing my 32's interior but i'm a bit hesitant on the look...
                            Check out the GTST Projects page and keep up to date with my build!
                            www.nelsonmx.wordpress.com
                            Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/NelsonMX
                            Any part inquiries can be forwarded to marc@nelsonmx.com

Comment

Originally posted by GTR-guy View Post
                              I love it! Nice work!
                              Thanks!

Originally posted by nelsonmxmarc View Post
                              Lets see the CF installed!!

I was debating doing my 32's interior but i'm a bit hesitant on the look...
                              This weekend I'll put it back in for a bit and take some pics.
                              Last edited by ColinR33; 11-12-2010, 01:45 AM.

Comment

So here it is (temporarily) re-installed. I made one boo-boo. The weave is running in a different direction on the shift surround. Wifey thinks it is a nice contrast, but I'm thinking I should re-do it to match the direction on the upper portion. Whaddya guys think? Either that or re-do the ashtray cover to match the bottom section, and maybe re-do the little cover beside the interior temperature sendor grille to match better.

Last edited by ColinR33; 11-12-2010, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X