It's just a little turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's just a little turbo

Hey everybody....i'm basically pretty new here I've just been searching through threads and project cars and I thought well maybe its just time to get my car on here with a few pics and see what everybody thinks....Also would like to start posting all new mods/ problems or anything that can be documented on here so I can get help and all your information regarding such things....

Anyways I bought the car about a year ago and ever since then my pocket has been raped in fuel but who cares when you have this much power and extreme fun.
    So far I have dynoed the car and drag raced the car both done on a blown clutch and still had some alright results due to the failing clutch. Car dynoed 427whp and ran an 11.8 on street tires at Mission Raceway. Car was dynoed on a Dynojet at Forcefed.

As for modifications I'm not too sure what is all in the motor because I pretty much bought it the way it is and there was no distinct mod list of anything done to the motor. But it definatly sounds like it does have cams in it...anyways-----------

T88-33D turbo kit
    Apex FMIC
    Greddy Twin Intake
    JUN adjustable cam gears
    Mines re-programmed ECU
    Aem water meth
    HKS Charge pipe
    Greddy cold pipe
    Greddy T4 Manifold
    Greddy wastegate
    OS Giken twin plate
    3.75 inch trubo back
    Auto Staff exhaust
    Cusco upper strut front and rear
    Cusco sway bars
    Cusco Tie Rods
    Sparco Crimson NS-2 wheels
    Federal 245/50/R17 all around
    Blitz boost guage
    Aem wideband
    HKS turbo timer
    Nismo N1 Zenki headlights
    6000K hids + 3000K Hids in secondary
    Stock MINT interior

Those are the basics for now off the top of my head...more will be added as I remember...

Comments and suggestions are much appreciated and hope everybody enjoys the thread!

Couple pictures....

Last edited by leeaspin; 08-14-2011, 03:17 PM.
    gtr garage queen...anybody seen my wallet?

Clutch is blown so may as well start there.....any suggestions on twin plate clutches....i have the HKS twin plate now and dont really like it...may get an Exedy twin carbon?

Was actually HKS GD Max triple plate
    Last edited by leeaspin; 05-10-2011, 09:20 PM.

Comment

OS Giken FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by bobbo View Post
        OS Giken FTW!
        Likes this*
        Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

ORC is amazing.

Comment

Nice car, not sure which clutch to suggest but you need a good one. A T88 is good for a lot more than 427whp, you could do at least 700whp up to 900whp.

Comment

correct mitch32...thanks for the compliment.....I will post a picture of my dyno sheet tomorrow...I think you guys will laugh because right when it starts to hit boost it flattens hahaha....so basically 427 before roughly 5000rpm

I've bin checkin out the OS GIKEN clutches too....there a few twin disc setups....are you guys running a certain one and can convince me to test it out in my car?
              Thanks for the imput so far

Comment

Originally posted by mitch32 View Post
                Nice car, not sure which clutch to suggest but you need a good one. A T88 is good for a lot more than 427whp, you could do at least 700whp up to 900whp.
                what sort of boost are you running?

There's different sizes of the T88, I believe theres the 34D which maxes at 800-850 and the big boy 38gk which is the 1000+.There's other options aswell , like bigger or smaller compressors available
                My car keeps on stealing my money .

Comment

i'm running the 34D...Its good for 900 my turbo....and im only running 17psi right now...need to get tuned to run more...also going to be running meth for next year.

Still trying to locate my dyno sheet so you all can laugh at my clutch slipping haha

Comment

heres the dyno sheet...sorry bout the shitty photo its done with my iphone and camera is done for
                    LOL at mass slippage!!!!

Comment

Somethings goig on with either your set up or that tune cause 420 @ wheels with 17psi on a t88 doesnt seem right to me..

Edit : you're making that powr before 5000rpm...makes more sense now.
                      My car keeps on stealing my money .

Comment

lol the dyno session was with a blown clutch

Comment

water meth kit is ordered and will be picked up on saturday....now just need a standalone ecu and a new tune and good to go!

Comment

Nice, this car is a beast and its going to be a monster.

My plan next year is water meth. I'm running around 18-19psi with ~470whp mustang dyno (twin gt2860r-5, built motor, built head, cams, stage2-3 porting job) and my tuner wouldn't go over 20psi without water meth. Water meth is supposed to give more power, allow you to run more boost cause your motor runs cooler, and makes the engine overall live longer.

Theres only one person I know of running water meth on this board. Post your results when your done I'm curious.

Also what standalone you going with? I'm asking cause my AEM EMS has an option in the software to control different things with the water meth and I know Vipec also can do that, but I'm not sure what other ecu works with it. You can run it without a standalone but the standalone you can program more parameters for the water meth system.

Comment

I will post results with the meth..

I think i may get an apexi power fc but im not sure....i'd like to grab the EMS but I dont have the money for that right now...cuz I need a clutch too

Another good thing about the water meth is it pretty much just steam cleans your motor which is ultimate win!

I'd like to see my car hit the 600 mark in the spring time and i'll be very happy!

Comment

Working...
                              X