No announcement yet.

My New Project - BNR32 GTR..... Slightly Bent.. In Newfoundland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got abit of time out in the garage tonight, Managed to change the head gasket and put in the studs. So heres a few pics of the progress.

Shot of the head after removal.

A Look at the block

Fitting the Oil Restrictor

Head Studs

Head all cleaned up

And Back together again with the Tomei Head Gasket.

Tomorrow it is Turbos and Intake. My Goal is to be running by May, as I have to go away to work..... Big Goals....
    Last edited by RhdHybrid; 04-17-2012, 10:57 PM.

Comment

• I haven't posted or done much of anything car related as I have kind of lost my drive, here is a link to why I haven't been active in my build....

I will be looking for another motor so if anyone has a GOOD motor, or has a engine retailer that is respectable, please fwd me there contact info.

Ken

Comment

• Damn, sounds like you got one hell of a deal.
        Double track drift, yo.
        http://www.meh.ro/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/meh.ro5228.gif

(oo sκylιnε oo)

Comment

• Update # 15

After the renewed interest in the car, I tucked it into my small little garage and started removing the old paper weight from the engine bay with the help of my good friend Brad.

A view of the piston crown..... Notice the dents from the impeller blades.

The Head

Pieces of the turbine blades that where on top of the pistons/stuck in the head

The engine bay all stripped out

So me being a bit OCD with the engine bay, I decided the ABS and them horrible brakelines need to go. So Brad and i stripped it all out and started running all new line. Picked up some 3/16" coated brake line to match the factory lines somewhat.

Brad Flaring a line.

Here is a look at the master cyl. lines

We ran the main front line down to the front crossmember, where we Tee'd it out and ran equal length to each front tire. The rear line was just ran to the block on the lower frame rail. I'll look at a Proportioning valve in the future but as of now this will have to do as I'm broke ass from the motor...

A look at the Tee - sort of below the Rack, but behind the crossmember.

Next it was HKS Braided Lnes

Then the Brembo Calipers. - Used the R32 Caliper hardlines. they just needed some minor tweaks.

I also used the R34 Spindles.... not cause I had to, but one of my wheel bearings was abit rough and the ones that came with the powertrain were mint. But it all worked out as the R32 Spindles would have to be drilled or conversion bolts bought.

All finished up

So when I get some more cash... New rotors and pads will need to be purchased.... But they'll do for whats left of summer... Now time to Base - Clear the engine bay and front Rad support before the motor gets here.....

Comment

• A long weeks work.... Worth it.

So over the last week myself and Brad stripped down the entire engine bay, retaped all the harness's, and assembled the engine bay. Also got the rear brakes done. Not much to the rear brakes. New Pads and Rotors all around are a must over the winter.... But they'll do for the rest of this summer.

Engine Bay + Front Rad support. (Shitty Cell phone pics.... Shame on me....)

Started mocking up the HKS Twin TD05H Kit that I purchased a while back. Missing a few parts... Balance tube, oil lines, Intake Tube... Etc... Not going to make it in the car this yr. Maybe over the winter.

Zac getting it all bolted up - Got to start them young.

Now it is time to keep them blue mountains frosty and enjoy the view.

Comment

• Got back from the pond last night and decided that the factory power steering cooler, and what was left of the rear steer lines needed to go. I'll use the r34 power steering pump so there is no need for any of it. I found a oil cooler core that used to be in my 400EX comp quad..... wasn't needed with the 650 engine. it found a new home in mounted to the inner frame/fender.

The Lines on the rear of cooler

The lines coming thru the frame rail/inner fender(PVC grommets)

Sorry for the Sh*t cell pics.... Bleed brakes, EK9 master cylinder for the clutch.... Motor... Long week ahead....
              Last edited by RhdHybrid; 08-06-2012, 10:20 AM.

Comment

• The It's Alive Update!!!!!

Ok so I have to say, it was a rough start, and the car fought most of the way, but finally, it runs!!!!! But there are issues that I hit along the way, namely the Clutch Master Cylinder I used. Idea I got from one of the build threads on here.

Honda Civic EK Master Cylinder - Firewall holes must be oblong'd to allow it to pass in to car, make sure you put one bolt thru firewall to hold the pedal assembly tight as you must die grind the firewall, shim, and pedal assembly. The second issue is that the EK master cylinder has more throw then the GTR one. You must redrill the pedal to allow the full motion of the M.C. or the clutch will slip. Below is the mounted Master Cylinder. Created alot of space for the Greddy 2-piece intake plenum.

The Engine bay all cleaned up and ready to get a new heart. Lots of Heat tape and thermo wrap.

The engine as it arrived. There was oil and water in the rear turbo, but after cleaning and inspection, it was just leftovers from where the motor was pressure washed.

Finally in the car and mounted up. just plumbing left.

Plumbed up and ready to go

In the driveway getting ready for a run

Pics from the run to Rocky Harbour

So after all the fighting and stress from the F***er's in Virgina, Wais @ JDM hooked me up with a good motor, the car rips, runs at 2200rpm @ 100km/h, and can drop 3 gears and be at 5500- 6 grand.... Street Bikes have a real hard time keeping up.

Might be time to put the HKS kit on and make up the piping for that.... seems like it is running around in circles building it now and in two months scraping it all and starting over... HMMM decisions.... Better go for a drive and think about it...

Comment

• nice!!!!! thats the weirdest spot that ive seen for the BOV

Comment

• Lookin good man!
                    Come on lotto!!! Daddy needs a whole lotta stuff!

Comment

• What a crazy build, curious to see how far its gotten now!
                      91'- GTR - SOLD
                      94'- GTR

Comment

• Jeez, I read the first page and skipped to the last to see the progress and i'm not even sure i'm looking at the same car. Guess ill go fill in the blanks. Car looks great!

Comment

• The “Still Running Strong Update”

I thought after 2.5 years that it was time to update the thread on the beast, as she is so affectionately called. The car is still running strong on the motor supplied by JDM Montreal, doesn’t burn a drop of oil, pulls like a freight train, and has never let me down. She has vanquished all cars that have stepped up, but most just pull up, take a picture, nod and drop back to a 2 car following distance.

So since the last update, she has got some new intake piping out of some U-bends I had kicking around from some other project, new black carpets from Australia, lots and lots of polishing, rebuilt the rear differential with new bearings/seals, some tuning, and small stuff (fold out in-dash touchscreen/speakers).

In the next year, the car is going under the knife again, the clutch slips when I hit the scramble boost button, the rear driveshaft is giving me a noticeable vibration, probably because it is two pieces from two totally different cars and no one in my local can balance it. So I still have the Thrust top mount twins sitting in boxes, still have the Greddy intake plenum, cams, etc… I ordered up some nismo accessories and have some more parts to get, like a clutch, thinking Tilton or Excedy, not sure, need a 1 piece shaft, thinking a custom carbon unit. I want to paint the engine bay again, fresh’n the motor, or build a new one…. Still debating a Spool 3.4, love the big torque, but time will tell.

So here are some pics of the new carpets

The intake piping and charge tubing all polished up. The reason I put the BOV’s where I did was to make sure I caught the pulse before it hit the turbo’s, they sound absolutely mad and look different. I like to be different.

So I guess there isn’t much to say, cause all I have done is enjoy it, like they should be. Here are a few pics of our travels around Newfoundland. The planes in the pics are the Snowbirds.

Check back soon as I’m going to start the next phase of the build probably before snow fly’s.

Comment

• My New Project - BNR32 GTR..... Slightly Bent.. In Newfoundland

So nice to see she's still going strong! Should go for a cruise one of these days!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Last edited by future_R34; 08-05-2015, 09:17 AM.
                            Come on lotto!!! Daddy needs a whole lotta stuff!

Comment

Working...
                            X