No announcement yet.

Law of Murphy at Play for This Daily Driver BNR32

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice man! I may be up that way this spring! If so, I'll bring my cammy and take some snaps for ya!
    Originally posted by kengeroo
    that's what I thought when I opened the package..
    ...don't drink and ebay
    '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

archaeic_bloke

looks clean and proper bud! Im gonna look into that company TWM.. i've been searching for a new shift knob for a hwile.lol
      I actually bought a Lathe Werks knob because they offered way more finishes and options. TWM was the other company I was looking at, and originally I really wanted to give them my business since I wanted to buy from a Canadian company, but they didn't have the finish I wanted. They still have a great product though and their height adjustable threading system is pretty sweet.

Snake556

Very nice man! I may be up that way this spring! If so, I'll bring my cammy and take some snaps for ya!
      That would be awesome! Hopefully by that time I'll have coils on, and maybe have my rear diffuser installed.

Comment

ahhh Beautiful! I knew it would pop right out at you. How do you like the handling in the snow/slush? I really wanna try but Im scared of the EFING salt!
        Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

Originally posted by bellis_GTR View Post
          ahhh Beautiful! I knew it would pop right out at you. How do you like the handling in the snow/slush? I really wanna try but Im scared of the EFING salt!
          At first it was pretty scary with the Advan Neovas that came on the car. I got winter wheels last night which was a story in itself.

I booked an appointment with Tires23 to get steelies and Michelin X-ice 2s fitted onto the car. They had to test fit the steelies first and found out they didn't clear the brakes. So I had to go down the street to Japanese Direct to see if they had any oem gtr wheels. I went back and fourth between the two places transporting wheels to test fit them, and I finally ended up getting oem gts-t wheels. I got there at 10:30 am; I didn't leave until 4 pm lol.

The car drives great now, I'm way more confident behind the wheel. The car is Krown rust-proofed and I wash the car every 3 days or so, so hopefully that'll reduce the risk of corrosion.

Comment

I have days like that too. Going back and fourth for something that should of been done in an hour lol.

Good to know you enjoy the car and handles well! Try get some videos now

Next on mods list?

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

I just spent all day taking off the "right hand vehicle" badge off my car, washing it, and changing the shift + e-brake boot. I'll post up about that a little later. It was a lot more involved than I thought.

As for future mods, I have a ARC intake box that needs to be installed, and a top secret rear diffuser from C-unit's group buy that will be installed sometime next year. For next spring/summer I'm looking at:

- HSD coilovers
              - Touge Factory Edition Enkei NT03 (basically NT03s in black) or bronze lmgt4s
              - Nardi Deep Corn steering wheel with NRG quick release kit
              - Fujimura CF front lip
              - Strengthened timing belt, idler, tensioner
              - Some form of upgraded brakes

I think that's all I can afford next year, and that might even be pushing it. Money permitting I also want:

- Cusco sway bars
              - Bee-R side skirts
              - Bride Stradia Sport driver and passenger seats
              - Metal intercooler piping

Of course there's a lot more I want, but realistically that's what I'm going to aim for in the next while.
              Last edited by louis110; 12-20-2010, 01:30 AM.

Comment

Looks good my man! Im very jealous!
                Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

Interior Refresh Pt.1

Thanks Oakville

I've personalized the interior a bit over the past 2 weeks. Shift/E-brake boots, gauge cluster and triple gauge bulbs, and the dome light have all been changed. It was more work than I originally thought as I figured everything would just be panel popping and unscrewing; but a delicate hand and some guess work was needed.

First was fitting on the new boots. The boots didn't come with the wire frame, and I didn't know this would be an issue until I popped everything off. So I had to transplant the wire frames around the OE boots to the new boots and stitch it up.

The plastic collar from the original boot was also transplanted, and fastened with a zip tie.

Voila

Next up was changing the main gauge cluster and triple gauge cluster lights. The car had this crazy multi-colour theme thing going on, and it had to go. OE greenish/white gauge cluster and blue led triple gauges, yuck.

Before:

I followed the DIY on this site to change the bulbs to LEDs. There were steps to take out the gauge cluster, but there was nothing on taking out the center gauges. I sat in the parking lot of a Canadian Tire for almost an hour tearing apart my center console trying to figure out how to get the gauges out, people must have thought I was stealing the car lol.

I ordered T5s and T10s from Ebay and luckily you can only order them in 10s because I definitely needed a few extra ones as some of the T5s were crap and wouldn't light up.

After:

I also replaced the dome light (which was some tacky blue LED panel) with a super white LED panel.

Before:

After:

Comment

Originally posted by louis110 View Post
                    WOOHOO took her out for the first time today. Took it real easy though because I still had the summer slicks on.

I tried the same thing.... Well I took it to work and it snowed overnight.
                    bald tires and a light snow fall not cool, it was the scariest ride of my life!
                    Keep up the good work mate.

Comment

Very nice, man! Was awesome seeing you out at Right Drive the other day! Car looks sexy!
                      ...don't drink and ebay
                      '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

Thanks guys! Driving on snow with bald tires isn`t very confidence inspiring for sure.

Adam, it was great running into you too, best of luck on the car hunt.

Comment

Law of Murphy Strikes Again!

My car has been making a squeeling noise for the past 2 weeks. I thought it was one of the bearings for the fan belt, or something in that area. Took it to right drive, they tightened the serpentine belt, and still kept hearing the noise so figured it was the timing belt tensioner.

I ordered the tensioner, spring, idle pulley, and a Nismo belt on New Years Eve, but it might have been too late.

Tonight I was idling at the stop lights when the car just died. I cranked it once, didn`t start. Cranked it twice, it started, I made the left turn and pulled over immediately and shut down. There was a burning rubber smell coming in to the cabin. Tow truck driver said it could be the tensioner, or the water pump.

Boourns.

Comment

no way man. Thats suckss. Reminds me of my lemon when I first got it. When will you find out what it is? Did you have any over heating?

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

just take it to right drive and have them fix it, they ahve a 1 year warrenty anyway so they will sure cover whatever it is that happened i am sure of it
                              1992 BNR32 Skyline GT-R

Originally posted by bignate
                              If you are too lazy to search the site for info you are certainly too lazy maintain a 15+yr old JDM car.
                              Ass, grass or cash Nobody Rides for free!!

Comment

Aw, man! That sucks so hard! Hopefully all gets fixed soon!
                                ...don't drink and ebay
                                '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

Working...
                                X