No announcement yet.

Law of Murphy at Play for This Daily Driver BNR32

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mercy thats pretty, wheels fit so nicely.

Comment

• Comment

• Sick!

Comment

• Originally posted by Redone View Post
          Sick!
          Thanks!

I guess it's time for a little update. I was away for work, so I stored my car in August. Before I stored it, I lowered it 10mm more on all sides. I took my car to a local Ford dealership to get an alignment, and that was a huge mistake. Their resident JDM "expert" put in the alignment specs for a GTS-T instead of a GTR, my steering wheel was 15 degrees off center, my Nismo floor mats were covered in mud, and my shifter frame was popped out. When I made him do it again he threw a hissy fit because he didn't work overtime. Loser. Anyway my suspension is maxed out so I couldn't dial the camber back in. Looking at a Driftworks suspension arm set for next year.

I got back in the middle of Autumn and the weather was still good so I pulled the car out. Leaky injector #2 and a pooched alternator. The voltage kept bouncing, lights would pulsate, and the volts would randomly spike up to 18V, causing the headlights and stereo to shut off while I'd be driving. I also ran over a dead coyote one night on the way back from Edmonton. It ripped off my entire rear diffuser, and I didn't even know until I stopped at a gas station.

I also traded in my beater POS red Pontiac Vibe for a 2014 Mazda 3 Sport GS to take over winter duty/long distance driving. Love this car. Handles superbly for an econocar, great styling, and a very high quality interior. I wasn't planning on modding this...but you know how that usually works out lol. Already ordered HIDs, swapping out all the interior lights/license plate lights for LEDs, Nokya hyper yellow DRL bulbs. Red leather interior and clear bra being installed over the holidays. Also want to get some mesh rims, lip kit, and maybe lowering springs.

Comment

• Very nice Ron, as always your choice of colour and parts means this car is my inspiration. 732 732 732 732 732.
            Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

• Thanks, Ryan! With this new Mazda it's going to be tough paying for Skyline parts now lol. What does 732 mean?

Comment

• Love those wheels!
                “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

• Originally posted by louis110 View Post
                  Thanks, Ryan! With this new Mazda it's going to be tough paying for Skyline parts now lol. What does 732 mean?
                  732 is the colour code for your car, Diamond Black Pearl. they with to KH3 Super Black on the R33/R34s, but I like 732 a lot.

How do you like the new Mazda? My mom has a 2010 3 and is moving into a 2014 in the new year

Comment

• Originally posted by Oakville View Post
                    732 is the colour code for your car, Diamond Black Pearl. they with to KH3 Super Black on the R33/R34s, but I like 732 a lot.

How do you like the new Mazda? My mom has a 2010 3 and is moving into a 2014 in the new year
                    Lol! You Skyline nerd A lot of people around here are more into vintage cars, so they aren't familiar with the R32, but one thing that they always comment on is the paint and how they love the flake in it. Great colour!

Dude, I absolutely love my 3. It's a LOT of car for the price, and feels very luxurious on the inside. I love it almost as much as my Skyline *gasp!*. My only advice is don't cheap out and get the GT. I got the mid-level GS because I wanted to save money, and I'm seriously regretting it because after a month of ownership all the things I wish my car had are standard in the GT.

So far the only problem I have had is that the LCD screen has a small crack on the inside from this stupid cold Northern Alberta weather. It's covered under warranty though. Other people have been having issues with the Infotainment software but the only thing I have experienced was when the bluetooth connection was interrupted by the USB signal and the system crashed. That happened once, but wasn't a big deal. Software updates from Mazda are always available in the future.

Mazda is having a sale on now, so she should definitely go check it out. 1.39% APR financing for 36 months and a free ipad air.

Comment

• Haha you should know me by now! I thought you saw the caption of my fb cover photo where i stole your pic! "732 Perfection".

I must say, blasphemy that its as nice as the R32, but I definitely do see where you're coming from. We have a GS as well and I can't believe what Im driving half the time, suspension is firm, rides great. Very peppy when you need to get up and go. And if I were driving it I may tell her to opt for the GT but this is my moms daily and she's fine with the GS, she even drives a 5spd which is awesome for me. I wouldn't mind an iPad...but her lease isn't up until March or April...

Comment

• Wow, time for an update eh? Well the car has been back on the road for a few weeks now. It struggled a bit to start up, but it started up nonetheless and I drove it over to the auto club on base to change the alternator that was giving me problems back in the Fall, change my leaky injectors, change the oil, and other maintenance items.

I got another refurbished alternator from Auto Dream, had everything apart on the car, and when I bolted up the new alternator I found out that the housing was different. I tried swapping the housing, but it wasn't a direct swap, so I ended up sending the alternator back for another one.

Old one on the left, and the one Auto Dream sent on the right.

A week later I got another alternator. The housing was correct, but this time the stud on the alt for the grounding cable was too wide. I ended up cutting the OEM grounding harness and put a larger lead on it so I could use this alternator :/

Big thanks to Mexi123 (James) for coming by and helping me take out all the unnecessary wiring in the engine bay, and donate a couple of 444cc injectors and rear main seal for my leaky tranny.

I got the car all ready and debuted it for this year at the 780tuners Season Opener in Edmonton. I met up with Brathwaite (Ross) to check out his beautiful new Midnight Purple 2, RH9 car. We spent the weekend getting the cars clean and rolled in together with my gf and her IS300 and a couple of other friends. The weather was cold, but the event still managed to get about 600+ cars out even though it started to snow about half way through! Met some other GTRC members so it was nice putting faces to names.

Some pics from the event:

And of course as my luck would have it, on the drive back to Cold Lake my headlight got hit with a rock. Yes, that is a shard of glass inside the housing! Replacement light is on its way.

And my Mazda 3 got featured on Rally Armor's website which I thought was really cool. I have lowering springs coming in a couple of weeks. This is how the car looks now:

Last edited by louis110; 01-19-2017, 03:25 AM.

Comment

• Mint GTR's.
                          RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

• Nice GTR!

I see you're up in the Cold Lake area....I'm working up on the cold lake weapons range right now myself. Hope you're bringing the car out to skymeet. Gotta get as many people from Alberta out there as possible!

Comment

• Originally posted by Coombsy View Post
                              Nice GTR!

I see you're up in the Cold Lake area....I'm working up on the cold lake weapons range right now myself. Hope you're bringing the car out to skymeet. Gotta get as many people from Alberta out there as possible!
                              I'd love to, but that's too long of a drive from Cold Lake we have a small car meet on Thursdays at 7 ay the Staples parking lot. you should come by on your free time.

Comment

• My car is down in Calgary...I'm just up here for work on and off with my work truck. If I'm ever in the area with the car for whatever reason I'd love to check it out though!

Comment

Working...
                                X