No announcement yet.

Law of Murphy at Play for This Daily Driver BNR32

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• woah didn't realize this was your car! Following you on Instagram haha didn't even know it till now. Love your build up, its clean.
    91'- GTR - SOLD
    94'- GTR

Comment

• Originally posted by Ho-Sik View Post
      woah didn't realize this was your car! Following you on Instagram haha didn't even know it till now. Love your build up, its clean.
      Thanks man! What's your username on Instagram? I just got on that thing not too long ago.

Comment

• What's your Instagram? I wouldn't mind following this build as well. I have a black bnr32 and this thread is my motivation!

Comment

• Originally posted by nimixes View Post
          What's your Instagram? I wouldn't mind following this build as well. I have a black bnr32 and this thread is my motivation!
          That's so kind of you to say! Rlouis110 is my instagram tag. Not much on there yet. My Facebook probably has the most amount of content in one place for my car. Ron Louis. Feel free to add me.

Comment

• where did you get the JUN lip from?

Comment

• Originally posted by RBlen32 View Post
              where did you get the JUN lip from?
              It's a JUN replica from a group buy on the forum a while ago. You can find the same one on Ebay, or knight racer, or contact C-Unit.

Comment

• Forgot to mention that I got new door strikers. A little bit more solid feel when closing the door. New on the left, old on the right. Note that Nissan no longer sells them with the rubber on them.

Got my new headlight in from 4Xtoys. Taken apart, painted, resealed, and switched out with the cracked one.

Look at all those rock chips. Alberta is not nice to cars. Time for a respray, and this time I'm putting on a clear bra!

I also changed the plugs with NGK Hyper IXridium (BKR7EIX) and checked the continuity of my Yellow Jacket coil packs to try to figure out why my car is randomly misfiring. The car is still misfiring around the 2000 rpm range in stop and go driving. It doesn't happen all the time, but maybe every 15 minutes of driving it'll act up. I took out the carbon canister out while I was at it to free up some space in the engine bay. The car is idling 200 rpm higher now though. I have the lines vented to atmosphere though. Was there a line I was supposed to block off to keep the system pressurized?

Comment

• Originally posted by louis110 View Post
                  Thanks man! What's your username on Instagram? I just got on that thing not too long ago.
                  My instagram is Rajsidhu_ !
                  91'- GTR - SOLD
                  94'- GTR

Comment

• I took my carbon canister out last year to free up some room too and had similar issue with idle and my garage was pretty friggin stinky all the time. I blocked off the vac lines and vented the tank line into the frame rail.

A couple of weeks ago it was time for my E-Test so I put everything back in with fresh vac lines and you know something? My car idles, drives and pulls substantially better with it in. My boost is much more steady at 1.0 bar than it was and I passed the E-Test with flying colours so i'm leaving it in now.

I suspect I had a vac leak somewhere in the system with it out because at idle my car wasn't making much vacuum at all but now it's maxing out my vac/boost gauge. Either way, I'm leaving the carbon can in.
                    Pistol packin Monkey drinkin no money bum

Comment

• Originally posted by AL91GTR View Post
                      I took my carbon canister out last year to free up some room too and had similar issue with idle and my garage was pretty friggin stinky all the time. I blocked off the vac lines and vented the tank line into the frame rail.

A couple of weeks ago it was time for my E-Test so I put everything back in with fresh vac lines and you know something? My car idles, drives and pulls substantially better with it in. My boost is much more steady at 1.0 bar than it was and I passed the E-Test with flying colours so i'm leaving it in now.

I suspect I had a vac leak somewhere in the system with it out because at idle my car wasn't making much vacuum at all but now it's maxing out my vac/boost gauge. Either way, I'm leaving the carbon can in.
                      Weird! I plugged the larger vac line only and my idle returned to normal. The only thing that really bothers me is the raw fuel making my eyes sting on long drives. But on the plus side the hairs on my chest started growing out.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Minor update. After 4 years of ownership, I had finally decided to man up and remove my boost restrictor after much badgering from James Green (mexi123). With my turbos on their way out, I figured I might as well enjoy the full potential of my stock turbos. The boost comes on stronger and the car acellerates a bit quicker.

I picked up a set of R34 badges/engine ornament from FRSport to update my old weathered R32 badges, and I must say the GTT fender badges made more of a visual impact than i was expecting. They had 2 pins on the back that I had to shave down.

I also received a Tomei oil cap and valve cover gaskets care of Right Drive.

And of course it's a never ending maintenance battle with this car. My car will go into limp mode/stutter in any driving condition. I took my intakes apart to inspect the MAFs and everything was covered in a thin layer of oil. I cleaned everything out the best I could but it's only a bandaid fix. Either I need to install a catch can, or my turbos are leaking oil and is blowing out the compressor side.

I also ran a climate control diagnostic to figure out why my hvac only blows ambient air at me. I got a 30: sunload sensor code and also my mixer motor stopped working. On top of that my washer bottle motors aren't working anymore either. An axle boot, and ball joint also need replacing, and my rear main seal probably needs to get changed out too

The car is currently at Speedtech Edmonton getting all my gear oils changed out for Motul fluids in the diffs and T-case, and Redline Shockproof Lightweight in the tranny, as well as getting extended studs put in so I can run 10mm spacers. They're also putting in a Nismo thermostat that I had sitting on my shelf for years. I'm also ordering another rear diffuser to replace my old one that I lost after running over a dead coyote at night. I'm going to try to get most of this stuff done in time for Illmotion in Calgary in 3 weeks.

Some most recent shots from an impromptu photoshoot and an airshow we hosted last weekend.

Last edited by louis110; 01-19-2017, 03:29 AM.

Comment

• Took my engine bay apart for a refresh and to chase down my limp mode issue.

IACV swapped out

CAS and intake piping painted crinkle black.

Stripped down my valve covers with a chemical treatment at work, then sprayed a few coats of metallic black engine enamel to get a nice deep bronze finish. I have to run out and get more paint tomorrow but that's the general idea.

Still to come is my Hi Octane oil separator and some new MAF harnesses. Also got a bunch of leds from Vleds.com to make everything 5K White instead of that lame dull blue that's supposed to be white.

Comment

• Gawd I love the look of your car! Make sure you make a submission for the calender next year.
                            FYI. I thought I had a rear main seal go once. Turned out to be a leaky cam cover seal. *fingers crossed!*

Comment

• Thanks! There are a couple more shots from the airshow that i didnt post which are calender worthy.
                              Ooh vedy interdasting. Hopefully it's the cam cover seal but upon initial inspection the cam seals seem to be fine. Why are you awake so early on a Saturday?!

Comment

• I had no idea my cam seals weren't leaking either until after I re&re'd the rear main seal. Only a small amount went down the back of the engine while running.
                                I had replaced the cam seals during the off season and somehow when I put the exh side cover on the seal had a slight twist.
                                For future reference be sure to retorque the cam covers after a couple of weeks.
                                Dog sitting. She ate some grass last night (evidently) and decided to puke at 5:30 in the effin' morning!
                                You must be on nights?

Comment

Working...
                                X