No announcement yet.

Project Purple Heart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time for an actual picture update. Which I have been bad about doing so far. I don't have pictures of everything yet, but here are some teasers. Final tuning is going on with Radek currently, making 450whp at only 14psi thusfar.

new powdercoated engine bay. Can see the tomei gears. Custom ATTKD style, internally baffled catch can from RS Tuning.

Setrab 16 row side mount oil cooler, with new VW turnsignals

Custom RS Tuning front pipe. Radek built this 2 years ago for me already, but I finally got a pic.

Remote mount filer, and custom lower rad hose.

You can see the divided twin turbo pipe, and new HSD HR coilovers (so long old HKS')

And a little teaser before final tuning is completed. The car made a solid 380WTQ from about 4200rpm all the way past 6500RPM. Watch it climb the rollers.

Last edited by Phastwon; 06-02-2012, 09:13 PM.
    1995 R33 GTR Vspec - Sold
    2004 Dodge SRT-4 Stage 3R - Sold
    2013 Subaru WRX STI - Where is the power? - Daily

Comment

Looking aesthetic
      Darn those city folks and there flying machines!

Comment

Looks good J

Can I throw that vid up on our tube channel?

Comment

car looks great. downpipe is beautiful. you might want to strap the car down a bit better on the dyno tho...
          1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

Sure Matty you can post the vid.

Comment

Nice job J - coming to skymeet this year ?

Comment

Fingers crossed I'll be at Skymeet.

Comment

Alright car is done, picked up and running. Radek at RSTuning did an anally perfect job like usual. The car runs like amissle on the new coilovers, and with the -5's. The car made 460whp at 6400RPM and 430WTQ at 4300RPM. The car hits full boost by 4000rpm, and the stock MAF"s were maxed out from that point up. There is probably easily another 50whp in the car, when I switch over to 300ZX turbo maf's. I'll post some updated pics and such later, and will be at the Turkey Point meet.

Comment

Nice numbers, I wish my -5 hit full boost at 4 grand I always thought the flow range of the stock MAFs capped at around 450 bhp, interesting to see you maxed them out at 460 whp.

Comment

every dyno is a bit different, nice numbers how much boost you running? i like how the hp and trq are close probably a nice looking dyno graph you should put it up... my -5's hit full boost at 4900rpm when i run 28psi (not all the time though, i run 26psi mostly)... like i said get that graph up and upgrade those maf's

keep up the good work man

Curtis

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleStreak View Post
                        Nice numbers, I wish my -5 hit full boost at 4 grand I always thought the flow range of the stock MAFs capped at around 450 bhp, interesting to see you maxed them out at 460 whp.
                        Until you get tuned you won't get the best of those turbos...
                        Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
                        Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
                        Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
                        Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
                        Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
                        White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
                        lol

Comment

I am running 17 psi through the turbo's. I should be able to run more, and tune the cams, but there is no point with the MAF's maxxed out. I'll post the dyno sheet tomorrow hopefully. Just need a scanner.

Comment

Time for more pictures and updates. The car runs like a freight train. Great power, already took down a twin turbo RHD FD3S last night. Wasn't even close to a competition. Anyways...

Bought not built - tomei adjustable gears

Bought not built - ATI race dampner ($505USD at Jegs)

Built not bought - Custom ATTKD style oil catch can with internal baffle plate - RSTuning specialty

Built not Bought - RSTuning custom 3L Surge Tank with Bugatti Veyron external 300L/H pump

And Finally the Dyno Sheet. Sorry for the early cutoff but it was all I had. Look at the nice early peal torque and power, great response.

Comment

Awesome stuff! I love the swirl tank setup! Any videos of the dyno?
                              Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

Originally posted by bellis_GTR View Post
                                Awesome stuff! I love the swirl tank setup! Any videos of the dyno?

Check page 5 of the thread, or the Rightdrive facebook page.

Comment

Working...
                                X