No announcement yet.

My 1995 GTR project thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A day and a half of reading this build from the start and wow! Nice build cortexx! Gonna have to refer to this thread when I get into my engine! Sub'd for future updates

Comment

• Originally posted by cortexx View Post
      Actually making things like this is relatively easy once you get started. As for my occupation ? I run a computer retail business/service center that specializes in onsite service , corporate networking and security

After leaving my original career I was originally trained for electronics specializing in analogue and digital microprocessor control systems, trained to repair TV's and videos later on then took a complete change of direction and did a 3 apprentiship as an auto technician . After another 3 years i went back into electronics programming and repairing pinball, slot machines, juke boxes, and arcade gaming equipment, then i spent 5 years reclothing snooker tables and pool tables before retraining yet again for computer tech , then i moved to canada 16 years ago and have been repairing and networking computer equipement since.

I have also picked potatoes for farmers , gutted and prepped fish for sale in a fish market, worked in a fish and chip shop, delivered booze to retired military personel , construction labourer and a few others i could go into ...

Basically what ever it takes to make a living - I lived in England and Germany most of my life - moved around a bit because of different deployments and postings .
      Are you a hundred years old?

Comment

• Almost - im 46 .

I come from England mostly where there is no job security , you can be in and out of a job in 3-6 months on a regular basis .

It doesnt take long to rack up a long employment history - and it's quite common to switch and train for different trades also .... Welcome to the world outside the north american lifestyle

Comment

• Nice frog lol!

Great looking build!

Comment

• Cortexx you sir are a legend. This thread is so great, full of information, tips and THAT parts list! damn. Very nice build you have going here, any updates for this year??

Comment

• O it's time to get back on track and start to share more updates ... this last year has seen some quite expensive purchases so that kind of curtails the number of installs or cool parts

First of all I managed to locate some R33 white face Nismo Gauges on the Japanese yahoo auctions and frantically contacted Adam at Feast to buy them asap and ship them (which he did with speed and efficiency) . They turned up last Tuesday at work and were installed Tuesday Evening

In the box nicely wrapped from Adam :-

The old dash before removing it ..

Installed into the car a few hours later

A big thumbs down to image shack for reducing the size of the images on their free hosting service , id have to pay to make these images bigger . maybe ill gradually move it all over to a different service when time allows

Rehosted on google picassa web , ill gradually move all my images over to the new service

Last year saw some relatively expensive upgrades , the factory front seats came out and made room for a pair of Bride Vorga reclining seats . These came in blue with a carbon back to them and also fitted a pair of Bride lowmax rails to drop them pretty much on the floor . Overall these seats allow my 6'7" frame to have enough headroom to wear a helmet for the track , and another 4 inches of legroom which is a night and day difference. These seats are also alot more comfortable than the already good factory GTR seats , something i was pleasantly surpised about .

Onto the next upgrade which was sourcing a set of new rims. Nothing wrong with the Works emotions i had but i wanted something that had a bit better fitment and gave the car a more traditional japanese tuner look . I really have wanted a set of TE37 for a long time but didnt really want the SE series or the tokyo edition so i contacted Daryl at Rightdrive and he ordered a set of 18X10.5 +15 Rays TE37 original in bronze from Japan. These wheels were made to order as they have been discontinued and took a little while to come because of this but the wait was worth it and i really prefer the original design of these They fit perfectly of course

all 4 rims were shod in Bridgestone Potenza 265 X 35 X 18 RE-11 which are alot quieter on the road than my previous dunlops , but they dont have the same grip by any stretch of the imagination .

Comment

• Next up is an upgrade in the fueling department , I have my new engine pretty much ready to roll out but want to get a handle on the Vipec system on the old engine and develope a base map before dropping in the new unit .

A quick pic of the engine as it stands today

Its missing a few things like the oil pan (being modded) and the CAS etc but it's patiently waiting action

I procured an old RB25 ECU for a donor box for the Vipec Link Ecu board .

this is the cover off shot

the old board out and the new one in ...

a closer shot of the install

I gave the scruffy looking covers a quick coat of black plastidip , i prefer powder coating things like this but it wont be visible so this is fine

Comment

Working...
                X