Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You don't buzz kunio anymore ?
    Need detailing done to your car? I'm open to travel to detail your car :

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/group-buys/54899-ontario-cobraa-detailing-group-buy.html

Please follow my works and latest news/promotion at : https://www.facebook.com/Waxxonspa || Waxxon.com ||

Comment

Originally posted by cobrAA View Post
      You don't buzz kunio anymore ?
      Regretfully I couldn't get him to reply to emails. I'm very disappointed about that. He was excellent until then.

Comment

The engine ready to be mounted back onto the trans.
        o

Engine and trans almost home.
        We did this by setting the subframe, engine and trans with the trans cross member all assembled and sitting on 3 axle stands. To give the whole thing mobility the stands were on snowmobile dollies. To get the alignment we hung strings from the studs on the body down through the holes in the subframe. Worked pretty slick.
        Pardon my Dads head. He was generous enough to come down for 4 days to help with the task. I put my dear 68 year old Dad through 10-12 hour days for 3 days. He was a complete trouper and was up and ready to go every morning bright and early.

Interesting thing to note. I'm not sure if it's the Nismo engine and trans mounts themselves or if it's because they're new but the engine sits noticably higher than before. I can fit my hand between the oil pan and cross member where I couldn't before. Usually you want big heavy items to sit lower in the car vs higher... I'm sure Nismo knows what they're doing.
        Last edited by bobbo; 08-30-2015, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Dropped the rear subframe (again) to have a Nismo clutch pack installed in the diff (again).

If all goes well, and the weather is decent, and work doesn't interfere (big IF there) the car will/should be ready for the National Time Attack Saturday & Sunday.
          Fingers crossed.

Comment

Nismo engine mounts are made of harder rubber, so they don't flex / crush as easily as stock softer rubber engine mounts, hence why it might sit higher. They are designed to reduce engine movement from side to side when cornering which helps with handling.

On the old JGTCC racecars they lowered the engine in the engine bay to help with handling. Also fitted RB25 style of cam covers that have the breathers at the front.
            RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

I know it's not easy but, it looks sooo much easier when you have a hoist in your garage lol. Hope you get her ready Rob. I'm stuck in comox on course so unfortunately I had to park my girl early. Did get to razz a stagea yesterday so that helped my withdraw symptoms haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Come on lotto!!! Daddy needs a whole lotta stuff!

Comment

Apparently I can't quote. Anyway, I was about to say the same thing as Skym. I've been wondering how the driveshaft gets loaded with all these slight alterrations to the drivetrain alignment, for example with these harder bushings and if you use thinner rear subframe bushings... I was thinking maybe the bushings are actually very slightly pulled back?

Talking about a lower center of gravity just makes me remember what I want to do with the car and its giving me an engineering hard-on. Its all planned, but by the time I get to it you'll be driving with a cane, methinks.

Really hoping we'll be able to see each other again with a car holding together on my end!
                1992 BNR32 SKYLINE GTR

Comment

There aren't any alignment issues at all. The car worked great except a minor coolant leak which took :15 to fix.

Keep at it Marc and do what I do. Keep a few pics of your car handy as motivation. Pics of random hot chicks too perhaps but that's usually just a distraction 😉

Comment

Forgot to post my results from the Time Attack.
                    Fastest lap time of the weekend and class win with a 1:14.8 which is an improvement over my best last year of 1:15.3.
                    My goal was to beat a friends 2012 Alpha6 GTR from last year. I missed by about 1/10 of a second. The diff rebuild just didn't hold up so I had massive inside wheel spin. With a proper diff I expect to get close to the 1:13 mark.
                    I'm thinking the Tomei 1.5 or Cuzco will be getting installed for 2016. Opinions?

Comment

• Originally posted by bobbo View Post
                      Forgot to post my results from the Time Attack.
                      Fastest lap time of the weekend and class win with a 1:14.8 which is an improvement over my best last year of 1:15.3.
                      My goal was to beat a friends 2012 Alpha6 GTR from last year. I missed by about 1/10 of a second. The diff rebuild just didn't hold up so I had massive inside wheel spin. With a proper diff I expect to get close to the 1:13 mark.
                      I'm thinking the Tomei 1.5 or Cuzco will be getting installed for 2016. Opinions?
                      I don't have any experience with either of those diffs, but you can never go wrong with Tomei.

1:14.8! Man, that is some seriously fast ****. I'm going to be in Moncton all spring this year, so I should be at the track in May. You need to show me your ways!

Comment

• I'll be in and out this year again. We're scheduled for 139 days away in 2016.
                        We can talk about the set up on your car and I can tell you what I've learned. I don't keep any secrets as far as the lines I use or anything. I show any students I have the lines I use if they have a rwd or awd car.
                        It would be awesome to have another GTR at the track. Hope to see you out next year and as always you have a place to stay.

Comment

• Some superb driving skill Rob!

Comment

• I don't think people are using this site much any more (sad face) but seeing as though I will not join FB i will continue to post here.
                            Anyway... As I mentioned before I was thinking of upgrading my rear diff and have recently recieved a pretty new box from Tomei with a new 1.5 diff and all the fixens.
                            Also ordered a bunch of new goodies from Daryl at RightDrive (thanks again Daryl) including a large volume diff cover and some other bits. I'll post some pics shortly.

Comment

• i am here... don't deny me please

Comment

• yes I would think this is the 40+ group now. Keep it up!

Comment

Working...
                                X