No announcement yet.

Bobbo's build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bobbo when the time comes when you decide to sell...

Comment

• Originally posted by thumper View Post
      bobbo when the time comes when you decide to sell...

Money talks Thumper. If I had a $ for everytime someone offered to buy it I'd have that RB stroker I always wanted
      I'm open to reasonable offers. I just got a professional detailing done on it too. The paint looks amazing!
      Last edited by bobbo; 03-16-2016, 03:06 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redone View Post
        yes I would think this is the 40+ group now. Keep it up!
        We should have a 40+ meet! We could talk about cars, how cool we used to be and prostate exams!

Comment

• So the rear subframe is out AGAIN and the diff is out AGAIN but this time there's no effin' around. I purchased a Tomei 1.5 way diff, another set of poly diff bushings (one of the Energy bushings was split) and a Greddy large volume diff cover.

I haven't decided if I'm going to rebuild it myself or have a shop do it. The diff is at a shop now and I'm waiting for a quote but I think I'll do it myself. It's not rocket science and the only tool I don't have i can get through work. The tricky part is the shims but they appear to be reasonably available or I might be able to get the required shims made.

I'll update with pics soon.

Comment

• Great work! can't wait to see more
            1991 Skyline GTR
            1992 Civic Hatch(beater)
            In search of a 240sx send me a pm if you hvae one!

Comment

• Any update on this one?

Comment

• Hey Bobbo, how are the Energy suspension bushings holding up? I'm looking to order the black Diff, subframe, and control arm bushes it appears you have some first hand experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by rvander1992 View Post
                  Hey Bobbo, how are the Energy suspension bushings holding up? I'm looking to order the black Diff, subframe, and control arm bushes it appears you have some first hand experience.
                  The energy bushings on the front of my diff broke much sooner than I would have ever guessed. I wasn't pleased by the customer support on the subject either. I replaced them with Whiteline bushings and would recommend doing the same.

WRT updates...

I sold the car back in November and is going to Barrett Jackson in Florida in May. It was an offer I couldn't refuse.

Comment

• Originally posted by bobbo View Post

The energy bushings on the front of my diff broke much sooner than I would have ever guessed. I wasn't pleased by the customer support on the subject either. I replaced them with Whiteline bushings and would recommend doing the same.

WRT updates...

I sold the car back in November and is going to Barrett Jackson in Florida in May. It was an offer I couldn't refuse.
                    That's sad and awesome at the same time. So how does that work? Someone buys the car from you to put into auction and they take the difference or whatever the bid is at auction goes into your pocket?

Comment

WRT updates...

She was spotless, I'm not surprised. Barrett has just recently put some clean stock/lighty modified R32s on auction and they sold for 30-40kUSD.

Good luck with your next car!

Cheers man, and thanks for everything.
                      Last edited by MarusGTR; 01-23-2017, 01:35 PM. Reason: adjusted prices
                      1992 BNR32 SKYLINE GTR

Comment

WRT updates...

went whiteline on the subframe spl solid on the diff and ES in the hubs. Here's hoping I didn't **** myself

Comment

• Originally posted by louis110 View Post

That's sad and awesome at the same time. So how does that work? Someone buys the car from you to put into auction and they take the difference or whatever the bid is at auction goes into your pocket?
                          whatever he sells the car for is his profit. I already made my money so now it's up to him. The car has no sticker on it in the show room except "do not touch or sit in" and they're telling people the price is "$49,900"... HAAAAAA!

Comment

• Originally posted by MarusGTR View Post

She was spotless, I'm not surprised. Barrett has just recently put some clean stock/lighty modified R32s on auction and they sold for 30-40kUSD.

Good luck with your next car!

Cheers man, and thanks for everything.
                            You're welcome Marc and good luck with your endeavors!
                            I bought another car one month after I sold the Skyline. The money was burning a hole in my pocket. It's nothing terribly exciting. It's an 07 STi, extremely clean, nicely massaged and very well loved from Oakville Ontario. I'm getting some bits ready for it but I'm not 100% sure I'm going to keep it. We'll see how it does on track.
                            I'll be in Japan for about 5.5 months this year so who knows what that'll bring.

Comment

• Originally posted by rvander1992 View Post

went whiteline on the subframe spl solid on the diff and ES in the hubs. Here's hoping I didn't **** myself
                              I suspect you'll be getting a terrible amount of noise from the back of the car and you'll be continuously wondering if there's something wrong in the rear end.

Comment

I suspect you'll be getting a terrible amount of noise from the back of the car and you'll be continuously wondering if there's something wrong in the rear end.

Ehh I dunno, the whitelines are still polyurethane so they should be fine. Diff just won't have any movement =\.

Comment

Working...
                                X