Brazil's '89 BNR32 time attack/wangan weapon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brazil's '89 BNR32 time attack/wangan weapon

Whats happening guys! I'm a relatively new member here so I figured i would share my pride and joy with you guys. She's a 1989 Bayside blue R32 GT-R. I bought her here in Japan about two years ago now and have been treating her well since taking ownership. I've put her through her paces quite a few times on some of Japan's more famous tracks, as well as on the infamous Wangan expressway, and aqua line tunnel. She knows how to hang with the big boys. When i bought her she was putting doing 426whp thanks to a set of HKS 2530 turbos with 272 degree cams on the intake/exhaust. I swapped the turbos out last spring for slightly smaller HKS GT-SS tubros, did some fine tuning and she made around 460whp after that. Here are a few pictures and a part list that are on the car. As of this moment the motor is in a rebuild stage... more on that in a bit

Suspension/Brakes:

Tein monoflex Type RA circuit coilovers
    Nismo Control arms
    Roll center adjusters
    Tein tension rods
    Tein rear traction arms
    Tein tie rods
    Brembo F50 calipers front/rear
    Brembo 355mm slotted rotors (front)
    Brembo 335mm rotors (rear)
    Project Mu race circuit brake pads front/rear
    stainless steel brake lines
    6 point roll cage
    Do-luck b-pillar brace
    front/rear strut tower bars
    22mm front/rear swap bars

Wheels/tyres:

XXR 527 wheels 18x9.75 +22mm offset
    Dunlop Z1 superstar tyres 265/35/18

My new engine setup will come in a later post, so for now enjoy some pics

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

So, back at the end of November while conducting some latenight/early morning antics in the tokyo/yokohama something horrible happened. While doing a run with a R35 GTR, a new camero ZL1, and a 680whp Supra I overevved the motor in fifth gear and blew it up. at the time I suspected a connecting rod had snapped and sent ONE piston through my R34 N1 block. Boy was I wrong...

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I didn't make one, BUT FOUR holes in my block plus blew out one freeze plug. After further inspection I found another large hole in my Trust extra capacity oil pan which i was hoping to re-use...not anymore. Needless to say since December a new motor has been slowly rebuilt to be able to handle the abuse I put my car through every now and again.

Comment

So, here is an update on my new motor rebuild. The old motor came out this past Sunday and the new motor should be in by the end of the week and drivable for the break in by the middle of next week. then its off to Top Secret for a tune. The new motor setup should net around 600whp
      enjoy

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Very nice build! I'm super jealous, always wanted to drive my GTR at Tsukuba

Comment

Thanks man. Yea,Tsukuba is a very fun track. Fast enough to have fun, yet technical enough to challenge you in the turns. I will be going back there a few times this year for a proper shake down of the new setup.

Comment

If you get a chance, take a video next time you're at Tsukuba! Are you originally from Canada and emigrated to Japan?

Comment

I've lived in the States for most of my life. Moved to Japan about 2 1/2 years ago. I do have a video of the last time I was there. Here's the link:

http://youtu.be/HG0XXHamxSk

Comment

Military?
                Cool write up btw!

Comment

@bobbo: yes I am. At least for the next nine months.

Comment

What trade are you? Will you return to the US?

Comment

I'm Army aviation. I will not be going back to the states any time soon. I have a job waiting for me at the end of the year in tokyo.

Comment

nice, they still have an sr71 stationed at Okinawa? probably not, it's so old, but so cool
                        BNR32, AE86, MX73(project for sale), RN130

Comment

Hahaha no thats been long gone

Comment

Cool story thanks for sharing. Cant wait for more updates and pictures.
                            Jordie Lewis
                            1993 Skyline Type M

Comment

Originally posted by RBlen32 View Post
                              Hahaha no thats been long gone
                              Too bad. Talk about a hot rod with wings!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X