No announcement yet.

First GTR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrapped the downpipe last night. Need to grab steel tie wraps so the plastic ties are temp.
    Also hot tanked the pan and reshimmed the diff.

Last edited by JeffersonC; 03-17-2014, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Let me know if you need advice, I've been there, done that. See pics. Good luck, it's not easy!!

There's no buisness like GO biusness

Comment

Wrapped the rear turbo exhaust manifolds.
        URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Jefferso_n/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20140319_191007_zps3bdf16e2.jpg.html][/URL]

Comment

Finally got the rest of the car sanded and polished. Looking like glass! I had my good buddy pop by for a few beers in the afternoon in his killer kit car. If you live in the lower mainland you have probably seen it around before.

Last edited by JeffersonC; 03-24-2014, 12:53 AM.

Comment

Head is coming together. My friend took the time and gave it a 6 angle cut on both ends.

Comment

Head and short block are together. Should be seeing cams this week, once I get the lash set up head will get bolted down and lots of work will continue.
              Nismo twin disc and a bunch of other small goodies. No pictures but the chassis is all buttoned up, a couple ball joints and front wheel bearing replaced.

Comment

Fast foward 2 years, I finally finished the GTR! After first reassembly, I had some running issues with the center 2 cylinders. I had compression, fuel and spark but it was basically running weak on those 2 center holes. After pulling the head and eventually pulling the engine out again to completly go over it, the route cause was improper setup of the throttle bodies (center ones being open too much) and the alternator I had rebuilt when I first started the project, was rebuilt incorrectly giving a bunch of voltage fluxuation and making the computer do some funny things.
                While in there for a second time, i changed a few small things, bolted her all together and got her back in.

Last weekend me and Bill spent a few hours breaking her in, and cracking 460 wheel and 400 ft lb at a safe 16lbs on 94 pump gas. Engine runs flawless, starts up and idles great, AFR ratios very clean throughout the entire power band. Further tuning to come once I get a few hours on the motor, fixing anything that may come up on any new build. Goal is 500 wheel for spring.

After all the hard work, I was able to get both my Nissans out for a weekend rip with my father. Hes never really experienced a car of this HP, so watching him really lay into the power band was priceless.

Comment

Comment

Tore up the neighborhood on Sunday. Running awesome.

Comment

Working...
                    X