No announcement yet.

My 1991 TH1 GT-R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vibrant Performance is the Source for Professional Fabrication Components with a vast offering of exhaust, fluid delivery, tubing, and silicone parts for custom or modified forced induction applications.

Vibrant makes concentric reducers in stainless... Just gotta find a place that can supply it for you. I personally don't do much stainless automotive type welding, so I'm not sure who would be the best supplier for it. I know mopac sells vibrant products, so maybe they can bring it in for you, or just order it online yourself.

As for the lights... Was a fair bit of work. More labour intensive than I anticipated. The first light took 3-4x longer than the second one. I'll be adding more pics and details about the whole process soon. Might do a write up about it.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Comment

Love the Brembo's its coming along nicely!
      91'- GTR - SOLD
      94'- GTR

Comment

I won't clutter your thread anymore though, was just curious.

Yeah I checked out vibrant 4-5 months ago but theirs are sae. Skyline exhaust system is metric so it didn't quite work out close enough.
        Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
        Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
        Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
        Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
        Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
        White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
        lol

Comment

Hmm. You're probably going to have to order something straight from the US. The only other thing I could think of is contact Chris at unobtainium welding. He's an automotive fabrication wizard in Calgary who builds some amazing stuff, and if he doesn't have what you're looking for, I'm sure he can point you in the right direction.

Comment

Made a bunch of progress over the weekend. Got a ton of wiring done, although there is still a bunch left to do. Lots of time was spent cleaning up poor wiring implemented by a previous owner for a non working electric fan, some HID's that were installed in japan and a VERY poorly installed alarm system. All the wiring done before I got the car has been removed now and is mostly done inside the engine bay. Now I just have to terminate the wires at the engine computer and the new gauges I'm installing in the interior. I'm running the fan control, boost control and a 3.5 bar map sensor to the Haltech, plus wiring in coolant temp, oil temp and oil pressure gauges.

I also got the new rail, injectors and fuel lines installed on Sunday morning but still haven't tried to fire it up. I just have to change the settings in the Haltech for the new injectors (went from stock to 1000cc) and it should fire up.

Unfortunately I have to leave for work tomorrow afternoon for a couple of weeks. I may make a little more progress tomorrow before I leave, but it will be minimal. There is nothing major left to do, but there are TONS of little things still on the list. I have what feels like 20 sub projects in progress on this car and as a result my garage and work bench are a disaster.

Any how, here's how the engine bay is looking at the moment. You can see the new sub harness for all the aftermarket gauges as well as all the auxiliary inputs/outputs going to the Haltech which you can see going up over the injector harness. This will be getting tucked under the injector harness once all the wires are terminated and the lengths are set in stone. You can also see the new rail, lines and injectors. Seems like I have tons of room to access the oil filter now with the hicas and stock fuel lines removed, along with the wire clean up around the fuse box area. Should end up looking much more tidy when it's all done.

Last edited by Coombsy; 01-13-2015, 05:23 AM.

Comment

looking good man,

Im also interested in a write up about the retrofit headlights.
              1992 BNR32 Skyline
              285hp / 220tq @ 15.5PSI On Mustang Dyno 2014-09-22

Current Build:
              Precision 6264 Turbo 1.00A/R
              Tomei PonCam Type B
              Manley Titanium Valvetrain
              CP Pistons / Manley Rods
              Supertec Spline Drive Oil Gears/Drive
              N1 water pump / N1 Oil Pump
              Haltech Platnium Pro
              AEM Water/Menthanol
              Tomei FPR
              Exedy Hyper Twin Clutch

May 9th, 2015 made 408whp @ 9PSI

Build Thread
              http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gt-r-project-cars/62483-project-modworks-monster-r32-gtr-16.html

Comment

Thanks! I'm home in a few more days and in the few days following that I should be able to wrap up the many small projects I have on the go on the car, and much pictures will be shared. I'll try to write up a separate thread dedicated to the projector retrofit so hopefully it saves some of you guys some time when doing it in the future.

I'm pumped to get back home and get back to working on the car and get all the loose ends tied up.

Comment

Got the car all back together and running yesterday....taking it out for some road tuning today, followed by some dyno time on Saturday. Should have some more pics and maybe some videos over the next couple days. So far it's running well with the whole new fuel system though.

Comment

Any updates? I'm curious to see how its turned out.
                    1990 Skyline GT-R

Comment

Working...
                    X