░░░░░░░hasemi♣bnr32░░░░░░░

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ░░░░░░░hasemi♣bnr32░░░░░░░

Since my early teens I have always followed the Japanese car racing scene. Masahiro Hasemi was always my favorite driver. So I decided to sell my civic and buy a GTR. I'm in the process of collecting all of Hasemi Motorsports vintage parts like SSR Hasemi Mesh wheels, Tomica Hasemi Skyline RS Silhouette steering wheel, Hasemi Pedals, Hasemi ECU, and all the parts that they offer on their website rear spats, front lip spoiler, rear spoiler, etc . Rightdrive helped me obtain some parts that are currently at custom waiting to be cleared any day. The goal is to restore my R32 with mainly OEM parts with some performance parts here and there. I started the build on instagram (Gucci_Maylay) because it's easy to shoot and post with the intention to do a proper build thread down the road. I was always a lurker on here but decided to stop mooching and share what I have learned.

The day that I bought the car. Pretty Rough shape but I guess fair condition for GTR standards.

On the way back from Canada the tires were coming apart so I had to make an emergency stop in Salt Lake, UT. Once I hit Arizona I knew they were going to explode so I decided to throw on some cheap tires to get me home until I got some proper wheels.

Got the BNR32 to Arizona so my brother and I decided to take out my civic for one last time before the new owner came and got it. My R32 over heating on this drive. I knew this was going to be a huge project once I started to dig into the car. Pics of old EK.

My civic sold for $8k stripped of all the parts. The car only took 30 minutes to sell on craigslist that I posted in LA. After a $1k deposit the previous editor of Import Tuner magazine loaded the EK on his trailer drove it back to where I purchased it in Oceanside, California. In the end I walked away with $12k from the car which I was very happy with. My daughter was so mad that I sold the white car. I promised her something much better.

The work begins.....Damn money pit!

WTF

Chopper helps me out with lighting under the car.

Old radiator was rusted and had to go. New thermostat and now the car runs cool.

The wheel wells were so dirty but not rusty. My impact wrench was broken and to remove three bolts took 4 hours. No way I was going to do this without air tools.

Five Gallons of simple green later for the entire car.

Removing the rust and dirt

Last edited by _HASEMI_; 07-25-2014, 05:19 PM.

The grind!

New Whiteline

New Grease and Boots and Repaint

What do you think?

Last edited by _HASEMI_; 07-25-2014, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Adjustable BC Coilovers. If you are in the market for quality yet price sensitive shocks then these are your best bet.

Stainless Steel Lines. Repainted break calipers

Extended Wheel studs

Titanium Lug Nuts

Red Bolts bolts make the calipers stand out. Fronts turned out nice.

Long Process but in the end the pistons suck. Looking for some Endless 6 pot in mean time.

Repaint Whiteline and New OEM bolts.

I'm curious to how other GTR people find their parts. I feel that I have it down to a science. I go to www.jp-carparts.com. This website is 100% better than Nissan FAST software. I breaks down hundreds of cars especially the skyline to detail. I use JP mainly to get the part number or if I'm stuck putting the car back together like the rear parking break. If it is a bolt I always go to www.everythingnissan.com. The company is located in Arizona and they always have the lowest prices and shipping is quick. If it is a part I go to www.amayama.com. I have purchased over 30 shipments with them. If Amayama doesn't have it I order it from jp-carparts.com which is typically more expensive but they ship quick. After market parts I use www.rhdjapan.com or www.japanparts.com. Very large items such as windows glass and bumper I'm using rightdrive.ca. I'm not too impressed with the wait going on 4 months but the price is massively cheaper. They have their own crates so their prices are cheap. The only downside is that you have to ask when the next crate will be shipped out. For new and used items I got to yahoojapan and I use fromjapan.co.jp as a middleman to purchase the parts. Fromjapan is excellent and easy to use. You simply deposit money into your account through paypal. I have bought over 20 items from them with never and issue and typically get the parts from japan in 5-10 days. If I have posted a rare vintage part on this thread it's through yahoojapan using fromjapan's service. Here are some recent parts that I have received. Please share some of your part sources below and I share your feedback with my system for locating parts.

Carrozzeria TS-RS700 BNIB!!!!!! These are 20 years old. They also light up. What do you think?
      yahoojapan via fromjapan.co.jp

Not the same model but these are lit up.

Another example. My lights have blue bulbs like below.

I have been collecting stickers for the past year. Here is one that I really like a Hasemi sticker. There will be no illest or I heart JDM junk on my car. Not my style. I don't really know why I'm collecting stickers because I plan on having only the shop that helps me out and HASEMI sticker on the front windshield. Unless someone is paying or sponsoring the car then it will be sticker less. Except for my recaro special sticker....ah fuuu...

Check out www.acromann.com for some cool stickers/banners. I'm going to buy the letters HASEMI and not have a background. There is so much to offer on this website.

Spent the entire day putting in new redline fluids. Some of the hicas hoses were in bad shape so I decided to get new lines before replacing the fluid. I also flush the radiator several times and ran some cleaning fluid in it for a couple of days. Then I went to a mechanic to use their machine to do a proper flush. The redline heavy shock proof solved my transmission issues of grinding. I guess it just put a Band-Aid on it for now. Syncros might be bad or the transmission fluid before was horrible.

Installed new Tomei TI exhaust with cat delete.

This took forever but made a big difference in the end. Simple green scrub brush and paper towels.

Cleaned the car. Still looks like junk. I can't wait to put on the new N1 bumper, new ducts, new lip, and new hasemi front lip spoiler.
      Last edited by _HASEMI_; 07-25-2014, 05:22 PM.

Comment

My old man was trying to help me fix the headlight issue. After replace tons of parts I have narrowed it down to the headlight switch by the cluster. New bulbs installed.

I have been searching probably for about 3 years for these seats. They are some Vintage Recaro Ideal C that are spectrum orange. This design took off and you can see it on many different brands today. I sold these seats because some other came up that I have never seen and I had to have them.

Here is the upgrade. Recaro Ideal C Red Spectrum. I have never seen these on the net or in person.

I have been dying to put these in my car but it's taking a month to get authentic recaro seat rails. By the end of the month I should have them. I was going to buy some used ones or used bride seat rails but figured these are once in a life time seats so get the recaro rails. Hands down the most comfortable seat that I have ever sat in are OEM bnr32 seats. You can typically for the seats for pretty cheap too. The only downside is the color isn't the greatest. I was going to actually get new fabric on the seats but the upholster said that the fabric is glued on and he could possibly wreck them. It would also cost $1k plus so I said funk it going vintage recaros.

The rear seats I'm going to reupholster with authentic recaro avus black fabric that will match the front seats. I'm going to go through DCA Garage for the fabric. I'm going to use black stitching and not red like the picture below.

About the same time I got the seats I started to collect some interior parts while I wait for exterior parts to come in so that I can paint the car.

Key!s Steering wheel and shift knob. NEVER buy this shift knob. The shift knob has a plastic nut that screws on your metal shifter. Seriously? Very disappointed in the quality. The steering wheel was good quality but I ended up selling it after scoring an Hasemi Steering wheel from a Tomica Ebro Hasemi Skyline RS Silhouette race car. I looked up #hasemi on instagram and saw the steering wheel. I traded by BNIB Key!s steering wheel for a 1983 in amazing condition Hasemi Steering wheel. Right at that time one showed up on ebay in Thailand for $700 so I was happy with my find.

The Hasemi Steering Wheel!

This steering wheel came out of this car as you can see above.

Here is how I found the steering wheel. Classic stalking the #hasemi on Instagram. I have also been using search all kijiji and craigslist. If no luck then google the name and write 2014 and hopefully it shows up somewhere. Then ebay then YJ.

The steering wheel is solid condition.

I was able to locate a BNR32 Hasemi Tuned ECU in Canada of Kijiji. I tried to ask Hasemi information about the ecu like recommended injector size etc using google translate and they respond with nonsense. Damn Language barrier. His response started out like, "I elect to answer your question...." and then rambled on with nonsense. Pit Stop Performance has been working on my car when it comes into electrical issues or I don't have the time fix it issues. They are going to take a look at it when I get my SARD fuel rail, SARD 850CC Injectors, and SARD fuel regulator (race version).
        Last edited by _HASEMI_; 07-25-2014, 05:25 PM.

Comment

I'm skipping a good amount of parts as well until after paint. Here is a peak at what is going on the car.

Got a new spare key from Amayama.

My buddy has an Audi R8 GT. The paint color is exactly what I would like to do. I plan on doing gloss. The color is called Suzuka Grey. I will be using PPG paint.

The emblem will look sweet after it is painted.

BTW I hate going through middle men but Hasemi won't deal with people directly. If you want to buy something from Hasemi directly you have to deal with Jafari International. Their service fee and shipping is more than the parts. Since I don't know anyone in Japan and fromjapan.ca shipping was pretty expensive rightdrive.ca in Canada has a supposedly has an office in Japan and a shipping crate that my parts are in. If you are buying wheels I think the cheapest way is through rightdrive.ca but their shipping crates only leave japan a couple times a year. It's 4 months waiting for these parts that should be in Canada today or tomorrow. Here are the Hasemi parts that I ordered from Hasemi through rightdrive.ca.

Hasemi Pedals

Small trunk spoiler under the wing

Rear Spats

Front Hood Lip

Under lip for the front lip

My favorite website to browse has to be www.jdmeuro.com The wheel game is sort of like baseball cards. The new wheels are cool to have but like new baseball cards anyone can get them. The value of the new wheels depreciate considerably compared to taking time to restore the older more collectible wheels. It's the older rims with the discontinued wheel design or the limited edition run of wheels that SSR teamed up with tuner company that I like. JDMEURO does an excellent job covering the vintage wheels scene. Here are my favorite wheels on their website.

Last edited by _HASEMI_; 07-25-2014, 05:26 PM.

Comment

I can go on and on with more pictures but here are a few of my favorite. Here are the wheels that I'm going to restore. They are SSR Hasemi Mesh 17x7.5 +43. Now these wheels aren't GTR specs so I'm making them that size. VR Wheels are getting me the barrels and lips which will be 18x9.75 +21. Since the wheels didn't have center caps and I will probably never find them I'm having them made at Evod Industries for only $750. Wasn't expecting that price but these caps will be aluminum and much stronger and last longer the originals. Also found out the are way that SSR welds together their 3 piece wheels so I had a buddy cut the weld that only took him 8 hours to do so.

The centers will be brushed like this.

Here is a mock up of the centers caps that I'm having custom made by Evod Industries.

The wheels will look similar to these wheels but brushed center and chrome lips. I only know of 3 sets that are floating around the JDM scene. I was able to find my wheels by search all craigslist. An ad came up in Mesa, AZ where I live 7 days ago. I called the girl who powder coated them pink and she sold them. I begged her for the number and offered her money. She gave me the number and I called the guy, Chris, who she sold them to and bought them from him for $900. How luck am I? Chris actually was the one who splitted the wheels for me. I believe here is a member on here. I was so happy and lucky that these wheels were a 20 min drive from my house.

Here is another website that I look at for wheels. http://kyushashoes.com/

Good News came in today. Rightdrive.ca is legit! I'm finally getting all my Hasemi parts and front bumper. Hands down the best price by far but if you can wait it out.

I ordered from gold titanium steering wheels bolts from www.ballerbolts.com and I have been scammed. Googled research brings up the owner is Ryan Hampton. He lived in Arizona and moved his company to Texas. Hundreds of people have ordered with no response and not product. I'm calling my credit card company to get my money back. Ryan Hampton www.ballerbolts.com SCAMMER

Today I looked down on my knobs and noticed a strange one. I pressed it and both mirrors folded in. I guess this is pretty rare to have this option! Pretty excited about it. All my parts come in tomorrow as well. This is going to be a good week!

I was lucky enough to Score some BBS Turbo Fans. Which wheel to choose now SSR Hasemi Mesh or BBS Turbo Fans?

Talk about mint!!! No broken fans either!

Picked up probably the cleanest Recaro Orange gradation seats. Now I need to decide which one to keep or sell.

I was able to score another gradation vintage recaro seat. Which one to keep now?

I dropped the car off last week to get painted. It should take 3-4 weeks. I will pass by today to see the progress. The entire car will be painted which means windows, motor, and interior all out.

VR Wheels just sent me a pic of my SSR Hasemi wheels. The are now 18x9.75 +21. So pumped. There are only a couple other sets floating around.

Evod Industries finished the center caps.

Wheels finally Arrived!

Michelin Pilot Sport 265/40/18

Last edited by _HASEMI_; 07-25-2014, 05:27 PM.

Comment

FINEST

I finally was able to find SSR HASEMI PROT-GT rims flawless. Took me two years to find these. Now I have 3 sets of wheels to choose from. Pretty stupid right.

Paint Break down updates

Debating about buying these Hayashi 961R center lock wheels. Once in a life time but the money $3k.

Fuel System: Nismo Fuel Pump, SARD 850cc fuel injectors, SARD fuel regulator, SARD Fuel Rail, Tomei Fuel Guage

Well it's a sad day. Both recaro vintage seats are sold. This is the 3rd set of Recaro gradation seats that he bought foe me.

Check out his warehouse of toys

All mint

Pure Miami Cocaine right here. Local weekly car show in Scottsdale, AZ

Packages came in

So mint

For Sale

For Sale too

Last edited by _HASEMI_; 07-25-2014, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Hopefully the Progress will pick up quick with Sakura Garage who is painting my car. There was a long bed truck before my car that was delaying the paint. I didn't mind as parts were still coming in and being ordered after finding issues on the strip down of the car.

The beast is out. This engine looks like the predator with hoses going everywhere.

This was tricky getting it on the trailer. We had to remove the trans.

Little bit of rust on the back fender but besides that no signs of it being crashed.

The next step is that I will clean up the engine and locate issues such as oil leaks etc. I will replace all the hoses with oem hoses and clips. I have a gasket kit to replace all gaskets. I will install the new GT2860 turbos and fuel rail. Nismo engine mounts will be installed. New belts, alternator, timing belts, and finish it off with painting the intake manifold wrinkle black covers wrinkle red with new emblems.

Love these BBS Turbofans too! I need to build my BBS RS.

Well since my speaker holder platform is blown out from what appears water damage and too much sun I tried to find a new OEM one. DISCONTINUED. So I have to make one. I bought everything from Home Depot and I only spent about $20.

I laid some new Recaro Artista Black Fabric on. It looks much better in person.

I have these carrozzeria speakers brand new but I threw my old ones on to see what they look like.

Engine Bay is now cleaned of dirt and grease and ready for primer

Build Rad Stuff came over and repaired the only major rust on the car which was the passenger side rear fender. The rust was significant enough that after scraping the rust away it ate through the fender.

Build Rad Stuff came over and repaired the only major rust on the car which was the passenger side rear fender. The rust was significant enough that after scraping the rust away it ate through the fender.
                Last edited by _HASEMI_; 08-13-2014, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Getting closer to Suzuka Grey. Which is similar to the primer color.

Took a break from work and the car to escape the heat and went to Flagstaff with the old lady and daughters. I found the best cruise road in AZ. Here are some pics of the Volcano outside of Flagstaff and Wupatki National Monument. This loop is a must on if you are in the area.

I have been funding this project mostly by flipping car parts. I was pretty pumped that I sold two sets of recaro gradation seats and some rare brand new in the box discontinued over a decade ago Volk Racing Trophy F-Zero wheels.

I have been trying to track down the owner of this vintage Personal Steering wheel for about a year. I was able to work out a deal and buy it from him. Now a tough decision on which steering wheel to use. The Hasemi Steering wheel off the Skyline RS Super Silhouette or the Personal Vintage steering wheel. Which one would you choose?

I purchased every exterior body oem bolt through everythingnissan.com and amayama.com. It was only about $250. I figure for that amount it's well worth the amount rather than fighting rusted old bolts.
                  Last edited by _HASEMI_; 08-13-2014, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Saving for more happiness
                    Last edited by _HASEMI_; 05-06-2014, 07:57 PM.

Comment

saving for more happiness

Comment

Comment

Last edited by _HASEMI_; 05-06-2014, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Looks like a great start to the parts list!
                            (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ 1990 BNR32

Comment

Im a fellow USA member and damn man, that car is going to turn out sooooo nice! Im envious of both sets of seats you have but the pair on the right just looks so awesome! I can't wait to see how this build goes.

Comment

Working...
                              X