No announcement yet.

Track Machine - 7 years in the making

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for the following smaller items to complete the build: fender liners, rubber hood mounts, passenger side door grommet for the wiring harness, new door cards or at least speaker covers, trim for the Guage cluster in the center console and the dead pedal. I need a grommet kit for all the holes in the floor. After the car was completely stripped there is a lot of places for water to get in

Comment

I might have went overboard with my wing. Not sure how much down force there will really be as I have not taken it to the track. It is a Top Secret 3D carbon wing, anyone have experience with them?
      Last edited by rasppdey; 08-24-2015, 12:30 AM. Reason: picture did not fit

Comment

Fuel guage issue resolved. Removed metal cover in the trunk. Unhooked the fuel lines and unscrewed the large cap. Removed the unit and discovered why my fuel guage would always read half no matter how much fuel was really in the car. Some wires were wrapped around the float. Freed the float and the gas guage reads as it should when the tank is full.
        Some things to keep in mind, wear gloves as the gas will soak into your skin and make you sick. Wait until your gas tank does not have as much fuel in it. Work in a ventilated area...

Last edited by rasppdey; 08-26-2015, 12:16 PM.

Comment

AEM set up shows water temp in F instead of C. Freaked me out a bit when first breaking in the engine. Oil is on the right so all is within normal operating range.

Comment

I just replaced the speedo cable which took about 2 hours. All in working order now, this is what a broken one looks like. It is behind the cluster

Comment

Got the harnesses in. Sold my Top Secret Voltex wing and going back to stock for a cleaner look. Hoping a GTRC memeber that flagged me down one day can help with painting the wing...

Last edited by rasppdey; 11-13-2015, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Shout out to Jeff (GTRC member who flagged me down) who is helping me out with painting my wing from stock gunmetal to 370z brilliant silver.

Currently sitting like this

Next on the list is relocating the power steering reservoir. I am bringing the body back to stock. I have sold the top secret voltex wing. I have found a stock GTR hood to replace the Seibon carbon fiber one. I just prefer the look of the stock as opposed to carbon fiber. The only drawback with the stock hood is I don't think it provides as much cooling as the Seibon....
                Last edited by rasppdey; 11-23-2015, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Ordered all grommets for the rear wing from RHD Japan. Pretty simple as it comes with adhesive already. Wing was also repainted.

Comment

Did some surgery last night on the interior. Aiming to clean up the mess of wires behind the dash. For the life of me I cannot find the glove box light wire. Also trying to sort out what is aftermarket and what is stock. Lots of splicing and power wires that lead to plugs and then to nothing....might have bitten off more than I can chew here. I have a roll cage so taking the dash out had to be done through the passenger door at a specific angle. Toughest two bolts are close to the front window at the edge.

1) Remove kick panels
                    2) Remove center console (remove stereo, center gauges and climate control, unhook lighter connections)
                    3) Remove glove box
                    4) Remove all underside plastic from steering wheel
                    5) unbolt steering wheel and let it drop down
                    6) remove speedo cluster surround (unplug, lights, hazards windshield wipers)
                    7) remove cluster (unplug connectors)
                    8) Remove remaining bolts and screws from dash (ensure all plugs are disconnected)
                    Basically if it will not come out you have missed some screws or bolts
                    Last edited by rasppdey; 12-14-2015, 07:23 PM.

Comment

My buddy and I installed a HKS Silent Hi power exhaust. Replaced the old exhaust which was some sort of Japanese no name exhaust. Hopefully there is enough clearance between the rear bumper and exhaust and I don't get any warping or melting issues

Last edited by rasppdey; 02-20-2016, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Under tray kit installed. It lined up surprisingly well with the Greddy Gracer bumper. No instructions so my buddy and I had to mess around with the different brackets to see which one went where. We had to drill holes in the bumper to secure the under tray properly. It came in three sections. The two outside sections and the center section. We loosely put it together after sorting out which brackets went where. After lining everything up we drilled into the front bumper. Despite our best efforts it did move slightly according to our initial plan and some sections had to be filed down a few millimeters to ensure proper fitment

Right hand corner, you can see where it was lifting up a bit and had to be screwed in or it would be flapping around

center section with the brackets fitted and the left and right hand sides loosely arranged

center section installed

Fits pretty nicely and even has some air channels to send air to the brakes, not sure if they actually work, but I like the idea
                        We had to drill a new hole to get the last bracket to fit due to my oil cooler lines that run from if front of the passenger tire area that were in the way

Turned out pretty decent
                        Picked up the kit from rocketz.net. I arranged pick up myself in Richmond, BC

Comment

Great stuff, Cannot wait to see more! Any cooling mods for the brakes in order?
                          Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

Next on the agenda is new daily driver tires for the RE30 rims and then a track set for the R33 rims. The engine is still on a break in tune. Once I hit 1000kms I will do an oil change again and then will be scheduling the performance tune. Still have to repair two of the R33 rims which have some major curb damage done by a guy name Jeremy in Richmond with a black gtst. The old shop "lent" him the rims with new rubber on them and my buddy tracked them down as I was out of the country. When I got them back they were down to the wear bar and damaged. Koju from Takeda will not answer any of my emails or FB messages. Glad I go that off my chest...Once I get the performance tune done I will post up the results

Last edited by rasppdey; 09-28-2016, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Which do you prefer? I dialed it back a bit and went to a more stock look. The stock hood is lighter than the carbon fiber seibon hood. It is debatable how much extra cooling there actually is for the engine with the Seibon hood. The carbon fiber hood moved up an down quite a bit over 100kph. I like to drive to work in the summer and the wing was just attracting way to much attention. Let me know your thoughts.

Before

Return to more stock look
                              Last edited by rasppdey; 09-29-2016, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Picture didn't show up =[

Comment

Working...
                                X