• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 32,052 views!

Keep it up Felix!

"Life's too short to drive boring cars!"

Comment

• Woo, Ano-Tuf Earls fittings?

Nice build, lots of thought put in to things very nice to see.

Comment

• lookin good, what are the reasons behind the oil pickups and returns in the pan. Only reason i could come up with is a External Drain back from the head. please tell me what else you are planning on doing.
        also what is the external pump fitting being used for?
        Trust T618Z,Carrillo Rods,CP Pistons,Tomei 280 10.8 lift ProCams, Tomei Spec C Springs, N1 Block, ARP, ATI, ATL, Bosch 044,Sard 800cc,PFC,Z32 etc.......

Comment

• Originally posted by R32GT-R View Post
          lookin good, what are the reasons behind the oil pickups and returns in the pan. Only reason i could come up with is a External Drain back from the head. please tell me what else you are planning on doing.
          also what is the external pump fitting being used for?
          -external oil pickup
          the reason behind this is as the pick up location on the rb30 is more foward then the rb26 so using the rb26 oilpan, the rb30 pick up won't reach the oil.
          there are 2 ways to salve this issue, 1 is to extend the rb30 pick up so it will reach the oil in the rb26 oil pan, 2 is to do external oil pick up like what i did,

the reason i did #2 external pick up is that the internal pick up of my rb30 block was already blocked and the 4wd plate is made without the open area to bolt on the internal pick up, so it was a must for me to do external pick up,

-oil drain
          the reason why i have a external oil drain on the pan is for turbo and head oil return as stock rb30 's turbo drain is on the block near the bottom but we figured it's more direct to drain it back to the pan. and also because the oil return for the turbo was welded and grind off ( i dunno why, but came like that ) so either way i have to make a drain for the head, so we did a split so both can comeback into the pan !

-oil pump
          as we blocked off the internal oil pick up in the block, we also have to modify the oil pump as the pump is made for internal oil delivery, but also have the hole made already for using external oil pick up, so we took off the cap of the external oil pick up location on the pump.. tapped some threads and threaded the fitting.....i want to get the fitting welded into the pump so it's safer, less chances for leaks ...but we'll c how it goes !

- Yes as you can see, doing a external oil pick up, there are many location for oil leaks to happen, so i don't reccomend anyone to do so.
          i did it because it was the only way.
          All parts sold are no refund/exchange

Honda tuning is a LifeStyle
          Nissan tuning is to go stupid FAST !

Goals for 2013
          Get the dAmn thing rUnning

Comment

• Originally posted by Rain View Post
            Woo, Ano-Tuf Earls fittings?

Nice build, lots of thought put in to things very nice to see.
            my thoughts around this build :
            modding a car represents a man's life/ style/ and his Personality
            it's either i don't do it
            if i do it...i have to make the best outa it !
            why bother do it, if you are going to do it half ass.

Goals for 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by felix yuen View Post
              I agree with ya 100%, Couldn't put it better if I tried.
              1989 BNR32 / R34 N1 RB26 / Autronic ECU / HKS GT2540's / Ohlins Suspension

Comment

• Very well said!

Is that why you sold nismo pump and bought a Tomei?

I really like the build, I cant wait to see it run.

I got my car on the road, maybe i will drop by an take a look.
                Trust T618Z,Carrillo Rods,CP Pistons,Tomei 280 10.8 lift ProCams, Tomei Spec C Springs, N1 Block, ARP, ATI, ATL, Bosch 044,Sard 800cc,PFC,Z32 etc.......

Comment

• Originally posted by felix yuen View Post
                  my thoughts around this build :
                  modding a car represents a man's life/ style/ and his Personality
                  Well said... Hardcore...
                  10 Infiniti FX35
                  09 Infiniti G37X coupe
                  02 Subaru WRX....sold
                  01 VW jetta 1.8T....sold
                  90-00-08 BNR32
                  92 NX2000...sold
                  95 S14 LE...Sold

Comment

• more updates !!!!

here u go
                    rb30 dib stick tube was remove and replaced by the oem rb26 one. as in the picture you will see the height difference between the two, so with using rb26 dip stick, i have to use rb26 tube.

-oil pick up finially finished

here are the pictures

random shots with 4wd adapter bolted to the block

thx more to come !

Goals for 2013

Comment

• Haha....you know what would have been easier? Building an rb26.....rb30 awd's are a waste of money......

Im not saying its not sweet, its just goddamn pointless.....
                      Figure Skating Champ!

AUTODREAM.CA for all your Skyline needs.

Comment

• what is the benifit of a Built RB30 vs a built RB26?

seems like if you want to make a good amount of power, the RB26 in built trim would be just as capable. and at 1/2 the cost.

i guess if you want it to look good on a judges score card, it would be a outside the box style of thinking.

Comment

• more displacement. You'll have more torque down low. But really, torque down low just breaks things

Comment

• u guys are so shallow!!! The whole point of me buildng this car is I want to do something challenging wats the point if its going to be easy. But hey everyone is dfferent, i just want something memorible.

And regarding why i chose building rb30 vs rb26..... As rb 30 have bigger displacement i can get more low end tq.

More low ends=breaking things???? I dont understand!!
                            theres a reason why everything else in the suspension/drive train... Etc is
                            upgraded... It is to prevent it from breaking.

Ps: building a car to me was never just dumping money buying the most expensive thing for it.... May be to some one else .... But not me!... It is the enjoyment of it and the happy feelings u get when its all done

Goals for 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by Brewpubeaver View Post
                              what is the benifit of a Built RB30 vs a built RB26?

seems like if you want to make a good amount of power, the RB26 in built trim would be just as capable. and at 1/2 the cost.

i guess if you want it to look good on a judges score card, it would be a outside the box style of thinking.
                              i dont think the judges can see inside thw motor??
                              and besides i think ur car is more of a show car then mine... I dont even have speakers.

Goals for 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by canadianskyline View Post
                                Haha....you know what would have been easier? Building an rb26.....rb30 awd's are a waste of money......

Im not saying its not sweet, its just goddamn pointless.....

Pointless???
                                T78 with rb26 will get full boost at 6000rpm
                                t78 with rb30 will start boosting at 2000rpm and hitting full boost at 4000rpm
                                figures taken from a member on gtr of... An uk forum who recently finished building a rb30 with the same size turbo

Goals for 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X